News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Islam In Nigeria

Started by Sirajo Ibrahim, May 30, 2005, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirajo Ibrahim

What is the posibility of applying Islamic Sharia System all over in Nigeris
oriki

alhaji_aminu

Assalamu Alakum

Brother Siraj, It will be very very hard to implement Sharia in all state of the federation. In fact, I will dare say it is not wise to attempt widening the scope of states living under the Islamic code.

Please dont get me wrong. My reasons for saying so are simple. One, for states with predominantly Christian populations, there is simply no reason why they should adopt a legal code that is alient to their culture and sprituality. Second, because instituting (or is is implementing) sharia law is purely a State matter, there is no way some other state like yours, or mine, can dictate to say, Cross Rivers, to follow suit.

I will say the clamour for re-instating the sharia criminal code is a very good thing. It is all the more better in the sense that it has shown to all that with democracy, the loud but often unheard voice of many Muslims calling for Sharia to guide their affairs has ultimately being heard. In essence, the Muslims prevailed.

If there is one thing we as Muslims should be worried about, then it is ensuring that Sharia works. As a divine law, Sharia is without blemish. But it is how we, it's implementers work it, that people, mostly non muslims, would judge it's effectiveness. So, lets join hands together and make the implementation of Sharia, and by extension Nigeria, succeed.

Bissalam

gogannaka

Wai what is sharia ne?.....i know it is the islamic legal system but how do you think it can be implemented in Nigeria?

Aikin babba ne fa.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment