News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Words of Wisdom

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, December 19, 2006, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Words of Wisdom
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person.
If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
No man has ever been shot while washing the dishes.  
Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away a week before you need it.
There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
It isn't the jeans that makes your bum look big.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
You should not confuse your career with your life.
Never lick a steak knife.
You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.  
There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
Your friends love you anyway.
Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
maigemu

gogannaka

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"Words of Wisdom
QuoteNever, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Nice piece of advice

QuoteA person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person.
TRUE
QuoteIf you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
To where
QuoteMiddle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places
.LOL
QuoteJunk is something you've kept for years and throw away a week before you need it.
LOL again..Thats true sha
QuoteThere is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Shegu ba
QuoteNever lick a steak knife.
Try it mana
QuoteYou should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
I'll keep that in mind  

QuoteThought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Nice one
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

dan kauye

I don't lean too much towards adages.Although they always contain fragments of truth,sweeping generalisations gives me hibbies jibbies .Unless I'm a victim of circumstancial cliches,I'll probaby never employ any in practice.Good thread though.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "dan kauye"I don't lean too much towards adages.Although they always contain fragments of truth,sweeping generalisations gives me hibbies jibbies .Unless I'm a victim of circumstancial cliches,I'll probaby never employ any in practice.Good thread though.

Haba DK, u should realise by now that we somehow our parents and the elderly ones in our societies have made us grown living by the rules of some of those adages. You dont need to employ them. U r living them.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

alkanawi

Gogannaka,
thank you for letting me borrow your format
Words of Wisdom
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
who said? you can use Huggies/Pampers

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.
worrying or thinking?

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
did you have the "church qoute" in mind when writing this?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Kerry or Bush? err....... not a good piece of advice

A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person.
sigh......... u cant please them all of the time

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
or you're just back...........from Guantanamo

Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
and NEPA bills hold the speed record

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
that's why i dont eat

No man has ever been shot while washing the dishes.
no thanks, i still prefer to be shot in front of the tv

Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Gogannaka? ;)

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
politicians

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
George bush; 2nd term

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
you see, i'am an amateur psychiatrist

You should not confuse your career with your life.
ladies open your ears wide

There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
stopped that eleven years ago

Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
he had the best consultant
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 19, 2006, 02:48:32 PM
Words of Wisdom

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away a week before you need it.

This came true for me today. I kept this piece of paper with the  address of a webpage that someone had setup, for over six months. Everytime I'd just pick it up and dust under it and put it away thinking I'd need it someday. Yesterday, I looked at it and thought what the*** * and promptly threw it in the bin. This morning the bin was emptied. This evening I needed to get into that site like yesterday, cos I was on a time leash... and I had thrown away my only link to the site. It didnt even have a name I could type...
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum