Cornbread salad with chopped tomatoes, hard-cooked eggs, and mayonnaise, along with other vegetables, bacon, and prepared crumbled cornbread.
* 1 skillet or pan of cornbread, baked and cooled
* 7 to 9 slices bacon, cooked until crispy, drained and crumbled
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 to 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 large tomatoes, chopped
* 1 to 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
* 1 cup mayonnaise, or to moisten
* salt and pepper, to taste
Crumble corn bread; add bacon, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and hard-cooked eggs. Gently stir in mayonnaise until well moistened, as much or as little as desired. Taste and add salt and pepper, to taste. Chill for at least a few hours, until serving. Serves 6 to 8.