News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Trailer kills 10 in Gombe - the need for our Ulamas to intervene

Started by Dan-Borno, September 30, 2011, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28912
:trailer-kills-10-in-gombe-12-corpses-dumped-in-rivers&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Two years ago, twenty five kilometer from the outsketch of Maiduguri, same type
of trailer loaded with cement bulldozed it way into a village known as Ngamdu.
He succeeded in murdering five households including children while destroying about
six - seven houses before it could come to a halt. 

Whoever is plying our roads, one wisdom he will never forget is that he should be very
careful with our long truck drivers, because, it is on record that they are not only
reckless in driving but they have total absence of faith in them, that is why I am
calling on our ulamas to intervene, may be, this barbarism will stop.

In both instances, this avoidable accidents occured in broad-day light and inside the town
where the drivers are supposed to maintain the minimum speed.

May Allah have mercy on the souls of those lost their lives.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

The frequent loss of lives and disability caused by road accidents across the country calls for a permanent radical approach at ensuring road transportation safety in Nigeria.
The Federal road safety corps is saddled with the responsibility of maintaining road safety standards and preventing road accidents amongst other tasks.
The Act establishing the FRSC (http://www.frsc.gov.ng/eact.php) clearly defines the functions of the Corps. The vision and mission of the corps is also clcearly stated (http://www.frsc.gov.ng/vision.php) and if anything;sounds promising.
With all this,lives are lost continually and immaturely. Most of the accidents are totally avoidable had there been strict and proper adherance to road safety standards by the road users and strict and proper enforcement of the road safety standards by the road safety agencies.

They should introduce radical policies like inspecting trucks and brake systems before the cars leave the motor parks. Sadly, in NIgeria, you can get a road worthiness certificate without having your car checked. Just pay the right amount.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

@DB, Why do you think Ulama can help any matter out here? To my little understanding, they are people who have recently become a bunch "toothless bulldogs" in our societies; even more in yours. You know what I mean. It, thus, still remains government responsibility to curb the problem. May Allah grant the dead souls rahama and give their families the fortitude to bear the lose. And may He heal those injured, amin. Allah ya kiyaye mu.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Muhsin  is right. What have the Ulamas to do with this? It is a matter of crime and punishment. Commit a crime get punished. Unfortunately for us here in Nigeria, its commit a crime get a reward.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 08, 2012, 06:05:00 PM
Muhsin  is right. What have the Ulamas to do with this? It is a matter of crime and punishment. Commit a crime get punished. Unfortunately for us here in Nigeria, its commit a crime get a reward.

Reward? They only get scot-free. Allah ya gyara mana dai.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.