News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

How can we make Kano Online Forum & Website more lively and resourceful?

Started by admin, April 01, 2016, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Kano Online Forum Reloaded...

Please share your Suggestions, Recommendations and idea for this Forum and Site to be more lively and resourceful to our members.

Thanks,
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Hausanicious

Mr Admin

In my opinion, you should search for old members' profiles and send them a courtesy text, urging members to tune up and if possible send them their old account logging credentials - Username & Passwords. cos some ppl must have forgotten their account info
Say no Evil and Do no Evil unto Me,   Kunji Ko!

admin

Hausanicious,

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you back....

Barka da dawowa...

Thank you very much for your suggestion. . . will work on that as well.

HUSNAA

Create an app for konline. So we've no need to hit the browser before accessing the site. Afterall, Apps are whats in now. They may replace search engines, who knows?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

I believe the front page needs to have a list of the most active or latest posts. There needs to be active moderators that will edit content or be responsible for displaying hot topics for discussion. This would save the user the trouble to go through different sub-boards searching for topics to discuss.

More suggestions coming
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Danborno

Husnaa got it all, a very good small Android App will greatly enhance and increase traffic instead of always opening our slow browsers.

langubro

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on April 05, 2016, 12:19:14 PM
I believe the front page needs to have a list of the most active or latest posts. There needs to be active moderators that will edit content or be responsible for displaying hot topics for discussion. This would save the user the trouble to go through different sub-boards searching for topics to discuss.

More suggestions coming

Seconded. Many forums do the same.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: Danborno on April 05, 2016, 05:40:25 PM
Husnaa got it all, a very good small Android App will greatly enhance and increase traffic instead of always opening our slow browsers.

A mobile friendly site will do. An app requires building the app for several platforms (ios, android, windows etc). This is believe will come at a cost. Also, apps need to be downloaded most likely for a fee.
If you have accessed the new site on your mobile you will notice that it is now a mobile friendly site. I have accessed it from windows mobile and Apple and i am impressed. It is much cooler than before and it loads quite fast. Try it.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Danborno

Noted Engineer Gogannaka.
I can see one of the short dwarfs have done a great job,
I logged on today and see summary of post even before
i could click click menus, which is a very good way of
easing things.

Kudos to our able ADMIN.
langubro

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on April 07, 2016, 02:25:36 PM
Quote from: Danborno on April 05, 2016, 05:40:25 PM

A mobile friendly site will do. An app requires building the app for several platforms (ios, android, windows etc). This is believe will come at a cost. Also, apps need to be downloaded most likely for a fee.
If you have accessed the new site on your mobile you will notice that it is now a mobile friendly site. I have accessed it from windows mobile and Apple and i am impressed. It is much cooler than before and it loads quite fast. Try it.

GGNK, You might like to take yr words back (and eat them as well!!) 20 yrs hence  when everything is app generated. No interface as we know it today no browsers and search engines ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

admin

Quote from: Danborno on April 08, 2016, 11:35:08 AM
Noted Engineer Gogannaka.
I can see one of the short dwarfs have done a great job,
I logged on today and see summary of post even before
i could click click menus, which is a very good way of
easing things.

Kudos to our able ADMIN.

Thank you Danborno and keep the suggestions coming. btw, I like your new avatar...

Danborno

Quote from: admin on April 08, 2016, 02:49:59 PM
Thank you Danborno and keep the suggestions coming. btw, I like your new avatar...

Thank you my able leader.  I adopted this 3 years ago, its a ceremonial bodyguard of the Sheikh of Borno in his full regalia.  Drawns by a British visitor in the 1820s.

The mounted knight was central to the Borno State, and many Kanuri people still value horsemanship and horses and surprisingly I dont have a horse Sir.

As a Night - I watch over not only the King but the Kingdom.
langubro

Dante

Slm,

I think the website need a little more XHP language.. similar to that of facebook.
the current design is really great, it will also be good if users could personalise
background color or theme...

Personally i would like to see the old classic kanoonline design one more time...  :)

admin

Dante,

WOW very long time...

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you back....

Barka da dawowa...

... and thank you very much for your suggestion. . . will work on it.

Fateez

Salaam everyone!

It's great to see KanoOnline becoming livelier.

I for one always checked from time to time, especially for home grown recipes in the cooking section and the occasional karin mangana.

I think the world is moving away from text based information towards bite sized (twitter), pictorials (Instagram, Pinterest) and videos (YouTube, Periscope).

I don't know much about coding, but maybe if the kano online can incorporate some of these elements, it might approve to the new generation of youth.

The homepage can be made into a sort of hub or dashboard with scrolling photos and headlines of the hottest topics, quote of the day, selected photos etc.

Advertising KanoOnline and also, opening the site to advertisers who want to reach a certain audience.

Having an event page for Kano/Arewa based events. KanoOnline should start covering events and giving organizers room to advertise. Sort of like a Kano Social Calendar.

A help page to teach people how to embed multimedia into their posts.

That's all I have for now.

Thanks for reviving the place. Looking forward to hearing from fellow members.  :)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain