News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Incest in Nigeria's first family (well, Ex-first family)

Started by Ibro2g, January 14, 2008, 01:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibro2g

This is a Taboo unimaginable to my kind of mind. Please read from the links

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/main-square/43925-abomination-daddy-slept-my-wife-gbenga-obasanjo.html

I heard its on daily trust so u might find it on thier page
http://www.dailytrust.com/Weekly/home.htm

Still quite on the sun, vanguard, thisday and the guardian.

I dont know what to say, I need to go currupt my mind for a while before I talk about this Mojisola of a woman and her shameless father...not to talk of the biggest dog that expected condolences of his late wife.
Its shameful to my generation....

safety and peace be with u all....(except the obasanjo family)
Safety and Peace

waduz

What do you expect from dogs, anyway? These people are capable committing the worst atrocities you can ever imagine. I was more than shocked when I heard that when he was president, he was able to virtually sleep with anything in pants, including those that you may think will be above such illicit affairs............. :-[ :-[ :-[

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

WOW! wonders nefa end in dis world, nna, see this kind
froblem wey mr fresident put imself po.

Allah ya kiyaye irin wannan bala'in. The rich also cry.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Don Allah all of you above go and read Suratul Nur and digest the lessons therein....
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Auntyn Muhsin save us mana, kin san babu time, feed us
from your fountain of k......e mana
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 15, 2008, 05:06:40 PM

Lol DB have u forgotten the 10 thawabs  you will get for each letter of a word of the Quran you recite? Wouldnt u rather get that and also the lesson?
Well anyway Allah SWT Has Banned us from scandal mongering.  Aisha R.A. was falsely accused of zina.. and Allah SWT sent down ayahs of the Quran specifically on the matter:

(11) Verily Those who brought forth the slander are a group among you. Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay it is good for you. Unto every man amongst them will be paid that which he earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment.

(12) Why then, did not the believers men, and women when they heard it think good of their own people and say " this is an obvious lie?"

(13) Why did they not produce four witnesses? Since they have not produced witnesses. Then  with Allah they are liars.

(14) Had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy onto you in this world and in the Hereafter, a great torment would have touched you for that whereof you had spoken.

(15) When you were propagating it with your tongues and uttering it with your mouths that whereof you had no knowledge, you counted it a little thing, while with Allah it was very great.

(16) And why did you not when you heard it say "It is not right for us to speak of this. Glory be to You (Oh Allah) this is a great lie".

(17) Allah Forbids you from it and warns you not to repeat the like of it forever, if you are believers.

(18) And Allah Makes the Ayats plain to you, and Allah Is All Knowing All Wise.

(19) Very those who like that illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allah Knows and you know not.

(20) And had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy on you. And that Allah Is full of Kindness, Most Merciful.

Suratul Noor verses 11 to 20.

Like I mentioned these were ayats revealed after Abdullah ibn Ubay ibn Salul brought false accusations on Aishat R.A and Allah SWT Cleared her of the false allegations.

Now although these ayats are referring to believers since they were all muslims  and this charge of incest and adultery of OBJ's family is referring to non muslims, we must remember that WE are muslims and Allah Is Admonishing the muslims. So we cannot say oh since OBJ and his family are not muslims that makes it alright for us muslims to read or propagate this kind of thing about them. It doesn't make it right, because what it does is it makes us back bite. Also of what benefit is the knowledge to us? None what so ever.  If we learn not to ignore seriously damning allegations like these, they may just happen on a brother or sister muslim, and we wouldnt even be aware of having done anything wrong if we propagate the allegations or even the proofs like what happened with that Hiyana case (which propagation was also wrong) and if we don't have any evidence then we are all in the wrong. The Hiyana case was evidential, but all those ppl who watched the little video have committed an act of sin with their eyes by looking at something which they shouldn't. So that doesn't make it right either.

So lets not speculate on OBJ and his family. Rather let us look to ourselves and what will be of benefit to us.

That article on the family of OBJ should never have been written. 

Ibro2g

Hafcy, I understand ur concern. Thank you for the ayats and I believe u are sincerely justified. But Its not horrible things like this that we can overlook, and these are not just allegations as you can see, its a court issue, its public. Dont u see the harm in all this. And in another case I will agree with you, but incest?!!!!!!!

Here is another newspaper, of today where THE Mojisola replies, notice she didnt admit or deny anthing, she just wants money from the divorce.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=100587

They are bringing thier dirty loundry to the public, gbenga brought proof of her dirty issues, dirty contracts and she is doing the same. With all this attitude, do u still we should sit back and keep quite. I say EFCC can pick up from here. The entire family is cursed, they are just coming out to tell us.

The attitude we take towards our problems has largely contributed to the mess we are in today. We dont protest or try to fix our problems and we hope God to do wonders on us. God says rise so I may help u...I suggest we rise.

May safety and peace be with you
Safety and Peace

HUSNAA

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 16, 2008, 09:52:35 AM
Hafcy,

Hafcy? yan zu ka tashi da ga barchi hala, and u need your second pair of eyes to focus ko??

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 16, 2008, 09:52:35 AMAnd in another case I will agree with you, but incest?!!!!!!!
Well what's different with incest? its the same thing isnt it only involving close relatives that's all. Thus the same rulings apply to it.

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 16, 2008, 09:52:35 AMThey are bringing thier dirty loundry to the public, gbenga brought proof of her dirty issues, dirty contracts and she is doing the same. With all this attitude, do u still we should sit back and keep quite. I say EFCC can pick up from here. The entire family is cursed, they are just coming out to tell us.

The fact that they are hanging their laundry in public doesnt mean we should help them air it by passing the info round. You read it,   you say auzu billahi and dump it where you found it. Let the next person stumble across it. Passing the info amounts to geebat and backbiting the person behind his back because these are real ppl not imaginary and u want to have nothing that will undo your good works in this world ko ba haka ba. As to EFCC, what's that got to do with them? they are only a financial crime busting commission not a morality enforcing institute.

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 15, 2008, 06:44:41 PM

(15) When you were propagating it with your tongues and uttering it with your mouths that whereof you had no knowledge, you counted it a little thing, while with Allah it was very great.

I actually really like this Aya. If only people will actually take time out to reflect

on its meaning and apply it not just in this context, but to their day to day lives.

It's funny how some people just never have anything positive to say about others.

They have forgotten the hadith that tells us to say something good or zip it. They

derive pleasure in speaking ill of others with no evidence. They ignite the fire and

it's exciting to watch it spread without realising how much damage it is going to cause.

I can't even begin to imagine the kind of distress this family is going through right now.

Media attention is just going to intensify their anguish and the Nigerian media is not the

most lenient one. I don't think any family deserves such tonan asiri. I hope they can get

out of this mess...

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!

Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!Fateez oyoyo!

Wuna welcomeooooooooooo and thank u for seeing my point of view!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 15, 2008, 05:06:40 PM

Kamar ka shiga zuciya ta tun jiya.

Thanks Husnaa for sharing this with us here.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Let me join Husnaa in welcoming fateez also, fateez oyoyo (20 x).

However, I am taking a different understanding on the issue of the
former 1st family.

The case before us is no where to be compared with that of the
verses as narrated in Suratul Noor both in context and contents.

The information was never a rumour or speculation but information
sworn under oath by persons who are actors in the incident.

The matter is presently in court and sooner of later the whole truth
of the matter will come out glaringly.

Lastly, as we narrate this story (just like the stories in the Qur'an)
they serve as deterrent to us.

Hafcy,

Ehem ehem, y not Rahima?

Ibro2g

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 16, 2008, 10:58:38 AM
Hafcy,

Hafcy? yan zu ka tashi da ga barchi hala, and u need your second pair of eyes to focus ko??

Geez, I musta liked hafcy alot more than I realise it. Its not the morning, I ended up calling another girl Hafcy last night too. lol. Husnaa, a thousand appologies. Please accept it.

My aim here is not to crush this family of misfortune, or even its head. I want us to recognise the problems in our society and discuss how to deal with it, better yet solve it.

I will reserve my word on EFCC for now, despite the documents provided by the couples against each other as to how each aquired some properties (legally or illegally). And the talk of me backbiting on whats on the newspapers, as it concerns this country greatly and as such concerns me. And even that of me enjoying spreading the flames of incest.

For now I need to go clear up my head about hafcy, my appologies again Husnaa.

May Safety and peace be with you
Safety and Peace

HUSNAA

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 16, 2008, 11:33:11 AM
Quote from: HUSNAA on January 16, 2008, 10:58:38 AM
Hafcy,

Geez, I musta liked hafcy alot more than I realise it. Its not the morning, I ended up calling another girl Hafcy last night too. lol. Husnaa, a thousand appologies. Please accept it.

My aim here is not to crush this family of misfortune, or even its head. I want us to recognise the problems in our society and discuss how to deal with it, better yet solve it.

I will reserve my word on EFCC for now, despite the documents provided by the couples against each other as to how each aquired some properties (legally or illegally). And the talk of me backbiting on whats on the newspapers, as it concerns this country greatly and as such concerns me. And even that of me enjoying spreading the flames of incest.

For now I need to go clear up my head about hafcy, my appologies again Husnaa.

May Safety and peace be with you

Hey! dont take it too seriously! it happens to the best of us. U were thinking of someone and u inadvertently wrote her name.. no sweat..no apologies need either.
  Next, Dan Borno, I disagree with u on 1 million percent that the subject of Gbenga and co is no where to be compared with that of the
verses as narrated in Suratul Noor both in context and contents. They may be facts and are being contested in court, but that doesnt give anyone the right to make it public material as the news papers have done. That doesnt give us the right as individuals to relish the tid bits. It doesnt give us the right to sit back and feel holier than thou, and there is no lesson in it what so ever that should serve as a detterrent because that was not the aim of the making it public. It was to make the news papers sell better by including juicy pieces of gossip about ppl whom we  know about if only tangentially. Knowing this will in no way make our societies better. Its not as if the ppl concerned in the debacle are being brought to book for their actions, that is the incest itself is the subject of the matter and its being dealt with. No that is not how it is. The subject of the incest is just being used as a means to an end; it is not the end itself. So what are the lessons that we learn out of this? That if we air our dirty laundry we achieve our aims... viz divorce at all costs? eh?