News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Meat and Culture in Africa

Started by *~MuDa~*, November 05, 2006, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

I want to share a little about the cultural practice in eating meat in most houses in Africa today. We all know that meat has a lot of protein in it, and protein is needed to build up the body structures.

Therefore little children are in the best position to eat meat in order to build up their body because they r still in the process of growing up. But in Africa and most parts of Nigeria especially in Kano, many families do not give meat as food to their children, they believe that the child will grow up to be what they termed as "Longer Throat"...lol in other words, the child will be a food loving glutton, Haba Africa?

In preventiopn, they garnish the bread winners food dish with several large chunks of meat and fish, not knowing that the father or mother does not need to eat excess protein in his systems because his tissues has already been fully constructed and they will only need protein to mend damaged tissues. Therefore the children are the right people in the position to eat protein because their body needs it more than their father as a result of their present stage in life.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Muda,i dont know how you came across this observation and why you tagged  the observation to Kano.In all my stay in kano i have never come across or heard of a family where meat is not given to children because of your reason above.
I totally disagree with your view on this.
I agree that meat is a very good source of protein but its excessive intake(especially red meat) is also bad for the health.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Well for your information, i have seen families dat do dat with my koro-koro eyes, its not that it is a taboo for their kids to eat meat, but they give the kids the smallest amount of meat or fish or even chicken.

Try and find out in your present environment (ana sanyi ko?...lol) about probably the igbos, just do a research and find out about the probability of chunks of meat, chicken and fish is shared between the bread winner and his kids.

Am tellin you men am not making this up...i saw it that is why i put it here in the first place.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"
Try and find out in your present environment (ana sanyi ko?...lol) about probably the igbos, just do a research and find out about the probability of chunks of meat, chicken and fish is shared between the bread winner and his kids.

Hmm,sanyin ma.
Ni musun da nake is when you said particularly Kano.If you say the igbos deny their children the proper amount of proteinous meat then i can understand amma ka takarkare ka ce wai kanawa na hana 'yayansu nama ko kaza ko kifi to ni kam ina da ja.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment