News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigerian finds cure for Diabetes.

Started by gogannaka, February 04, 2009, 02:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

A Nigerian, Dr. Louis Obyo Obyo Nelson has found a cure for diabetes. He has been granted a US patent entitled 'Medicament for the treatment of diabetes' (No. 6,531,461) The medicament can effectively treat Type I and Type II diabetes.

At the first clinical trial, the initial extract derived from Vernonia amygdalina was orally administered to 26 patients all of whom had been previously diagnosed as suffering from insulin deficiency. For control, a group of five were used, who maintained diet discipline throughout the trial. The initial extract was dosed to the patients three times daily in 100mg aliquots for six months.
The blood glucose levels of all 31 subjects were closely monitored. It was revealed that the 26 patients receiving the initial extract no longer required maintaining diet discipline after the first month and examination showed remission of the disease after three months.
Fifteen patients were said to have continued receiving medication for the remaining three months of the trial.
The document that accompanied Nelson's patent application showed that all those who volunteered for the experiment appeared to have recovered from the disease and have returned to their normal life prior to the diagnosis of the disease.

From Thisday Newspaper 04-02-09.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More grease to his elbows.
I hope we soon get the cure for AIDS and cancer.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment