News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SECRET CRUSH

Started by MySeLf, November 13, 2007, 01:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

if u ask me, he is probably having a crush on YOU at the moment and that is his way of hiding  the way he feels.......i.e not very effectively, hehehehehehe!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
after all yr avatar is really good looking and we tend to associate avatars with their owners...
(ahem except IBB's present avatar of course, that cheeky Peter Pan with the bird in hand is indelibly ingrained in my mind as representing him....) :D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Ehem Ehem!
Waduz  ;)
Myself i'll pretend i don't understand what you're implying.I really don't  ???

It's certain that everybody has had one crush or another.
The confession box has seen so much activity.

Quote from: EMTL on November 23, 2007, 09:50:39 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Oya, gogannaka tell us about Jos and BUK.... Nura has many to tell I wonder why he is keeping mute.
Dan Barno, inda Lerusa!

Engr,ai na riga na bada 1 of the BUK stories.
Anyway for your sake and Anty Husnas:

I had a crush on a girl who was my a year behind my set.
I got her pic from a social event during her secondary scl days(ba ta san hoton ba)
Na yi wa hoton 'garanbawul' aka mai da ita kamar Fairy.
Na bawa wani almajiri ya kai mata,amma bai fadi wanda ya bayar ba.
Na labe don na ga reaction din ta-she was overjoyed (wayyo dadi)
Da dare kuma na kira ta to ask how she felt.Overjoyed again.I didn't mention names.
That was how it went.She never knew me and i'm happy like that.
Secret admirer.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on November 24, 2007, 04:35:06 AM
Engr,ai na riga na bada 1 of the BUK stories.
Anyway for your sake and Anty Husnas:

I had a crush on a girl who was my a year behind my set.
I got her pic from a social event during her secondary scl days(ba ta san hoton ba)
Na yi wa hoton 'garanbawul' aka mai da ita kamar Fairy.
Na bawa wani almajiri ya kai mata,amma bai fadi wanda ya bayar ba.
Na labe don na ga reaction din ta-she was overjoyed (wayyo dadi)
Da dare kuma na kira ta to ask how she felt.Overjoyed again.I didn't mention names.
That was how it went.She never knew me and i'm happy like that.
Secret admirer.

Talk of inventiveness! ai ka doke kowa! So u never told her? kana gudun a negative reaction ne? u should have sounded her out as to who she thought might have sent it.. then u'd know who yr rivals were..!! and then see how u could have outshone them in her eyes....heeeeheeeheeeheeeheee!!   ;D ;D

gogannaka

I wish i had done that,just that i didn't have the 'lever' to do it.
Besides she was too classy for my taste.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on November 24, 2007, 08:26:40 AM
I wish i had done that,just that i didn't have the 'lever' to do it.
Besides she was too classy for my taste.

Kai!!
U didnt try hard enough! If she was too classy for ur taste, u wouldnt have gone to all that trouble in the first place; kuma since u did go through all the trouble, it means u could have found other means to grab her attention. Lol
Never give up on a good thing..
remember what makes u happy ( George Benson lyrics)  ;D

Nuruddeen

Oya, gogannaka tell us about Jos and BUK.... Nura has many to tell I wonder why he is keeping mute.
Dan Barno, inda Lerusa!
[/quote]

Allah ya ja daran Malam. Engineer, I thnk Myself, Dan Barno and co who are the initiators of this thread have said it all. My love crush is not something to write home about. I always happened to be busy with issues and mostly my relationships fizzle out naturally because  most of the time I do not pay much attention to it. Perhaps, due to the fact that I was nt ready to engage myself. And besides, I don't normally want to deceive until the time is right. But of course I had pending love crushes sometimes ago. will tell u soon.Lafs!!!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

waduz

Asshatilu,llahi! Haba Myself? Please, do UNDERSTAND, and for God's sake I do not mean that at all. I NEVER cherish undermining any body or hurting any one's feelings. If you feel that bad, please FORGIVE me. :o :o :-[ :-[ Unless you do, this will be my last post here!

sadiq

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 23, 2007, 03:20:45 PM
if u ask me, he is probably having a crush on YOU at the moment and that is his way of hiding  the way he feels.......i.e not very effectively, hehehehehehe!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
after all yr avatar is really good looking and we tend to associate avatars with their owners...
(ahem except IBB's present avatar of course, that cheeky Peter Pan with the bird in hand is indelibly ingrained in my mind as representing him....) :D

If that is true, then i wonder why you'd have a crush on someone you havent seen her pic before, but cant make her your favourite(by voting for her)?
Anyway, i'v had this crush on some girl right from childhood. funny enough, its still lingering long after she's married with kids. Is that some crush or what? Somebody, please :-\
oday s beautiful moments are tomorrow s golden memories.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: waduz on November 24, 2007, 06:51:41 PM
Asshatilu,llahi! Haba Myself? Please, do UNDERSTAND, and for God's sake I do not mean that at all. I NEVER cherish undermining any body or hurting any one's feelings. If you feel that bad, please FORGIVE me. :o :o :-[ :-[ Unless you do, this will be my last post here!

Oh Brother! I think this is uncalled for. She is just kidding. No be so Myself?
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

MySeLf

Quote from: waduz on November 24, 2007, 06:51:41 PM
Asshatilu,llahi! Haba Myself?

Lol Waduz...
No hard feelings!.... Just pulling your legs the way you pulled mine.....lol

Therefore my last 2 posts removed, hope you will do thesame....

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

IBB

lol it will be back soon
IHS

HUSNAA

No pls!! NO NO NO.. Love the present one! It has intinsic shock values u know.. very  unique very bold and daring and well I'm kinda getting used to it and actually LIKING it! its so stimulating just to LOOK at it. I guess that is what artists try to do with their work and this artist who ever he was, has succeeded.
The avatar reminds me of Browning's Poem 'my last duchess' only this one is 'the ugly duchess'  ;D ;D ;D

Below is abinda na kwakulo on the internet about yr apparently famous 'ugly duchess'
Massys is one of the most important portraitists of the age, thanks above all to his pictures of Erasmus and Pierre Gilles (Petrus Aegidius), the town clerk of Antwerp. His most astonishing work in this genre is certainly the Grotesque Old Woman, in the National Gallery in London. (This picture is also known as The Ugly Duchess, because Sir John Tenniel was later to use it in his illustrations for Alice in Wonderland.)

Massys based his own picture on a caricature by Leonardo da Vinci. He was also influenced, according to Panofsky, by his friend Erasmus's book In Praise of Folly, in which the author describes old mad women who "still play the coquette", "cannot tear themselves away from their mirrors", and "do not hesitate to exhibit their repulsive withered breasts'. The effects of the huge ears, wrinkles, and ape-like face, are merely emphasized by the ridiculous hat. The sitter is made even more repugnant by the rich jewels she wears and the indiscretion of her low-cut dress. This picture is a prodigious exercise in the grotesque, in which Massys proves himself not only an astute critic of human vanity, but a worthy precursor of Goya and Picasso.

hafsee

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 27, 2007, 04:11:18 AM
No pls!! NO NO NO.. Love the present one! It has intinsic shock values u know.. very  unique very bold and daring and well I'm kinda getting used to it and actually LIKING it! its so stimulating just to LOOK at it. I guess that is what artists try to do with their work and this artist who ever he was, has succeeded.
The avatar reminds me of Browning's Poem 'my last duchess' only this one is 'the ugly duchess'  ;D ;D ;D

Below is abinda na kwakulo on the internet about yr apparently famous 'ugly duchess'
Massys is one of the most important portraitists of the age, thanks above all to his pictures of Erasmus and Pierre Gilles (Petrus Aegidius), the town clerk of Antwerp. His most astonishing work in this genre is certainly the Grotesque Old Woman, in the National Gallery in London. (This picture is also known as The Ugly Duchess, because Sir John Tenniel was later to use it in his illustrations for Alice in Wonderland.)

Massys based his own picture on a caricature by Leonardo da Vinci. He was also influenced, according to Panofsky, by his friend Erasmus's book In Praise of Folly, in which the author describes old mad women who "still play the coquette", "cannot tear themselves away from their mirrors", and "do not hesitate to exhibit their repulsive withered breasts'. The effects of the huge ears, wrinkles, and ape-like face, are merely emphasized by the ridiculous hat. The sitter is made even more repugnant by the rich jewels she wears and the indiscretion of her low-cut dress. This picture is a prodigious exercise in the grotesque, in which Massys proves himself not only an astute critic of human vanity, but a worthy precursor of Goya and Picasso.

wow thats ınterestıng.... Massys huh.. so thıs ıs lyk abt old women stıll TRYING huh LOL
wat ever u do good or bad comes back to you

waduz

Quote from: sadiq on November 25, 2007, 01:58:09 PM

If that is true, then i wonder why you'd have a crush on someone you havent seen her pic before, but cant make her your favourite(by voting for her)?
Anyway, i'v had this crush on some girl right from childhood. funny enough, its still lingering long after she's married with kids. Is that some crush or what? Somebody, please :-\

Husna, rufa man asiri fa. Amma dai kam, how did you guess that? ;D

Dan-Borno

SEASON TWO OF DAN-BORNO'S SECRET CRUSH

Previously on Dan-Borno's Secret Crush

Quote from: Dan-Borno on November 15, 2007, 09:36:52 AM
1st October 1965
I have been lucky to be included among the students
to witness the Independence celebration at Lagos from
North Eastern States.

During our rehersal there is this Yoruba girl her name was
Yemisi, it still rang bells in my head, very fresh in memory,
though I was still young at that time, but i can differentiate
between beautiful and ugly, i confess she is one of those
models.

For the 3 days rehersal I have been eyeing her...........

let me answer this call, will be with you soon  8)

It took me weeks to prepare this season of my secret crush,
it is dated to 1989 @ Bauchi town, these girls were both twins
and in the same class, they wore the same dress everyday.  
Whenever black is beauty is mentioned, these twins keep on
flashing on my brain, because they are real black beauty models.

I dont differentiate between Hassana & Hussaina, each time one
of them took an excuse to be out of the class I follow suite
but amma ina, babu lever na magana.  Abin haushi, each time mun
hada ido sai kaga an yi min wani dan murmushi irin ta soyayya,
i never concentrate on what is going on in the class.

Before I knew it, i failed most of my papers and I have to repeat
that year, however.

Watch out for Season Three early December
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak