News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

KN-online GTG 2009: 1430AH

Started by EMTL, September 28, 2009, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

I will like to express my grief and disappointment over the failure of the get together this year. i conclude that its totally our fault and lack of enthusiams and "Kishi" of this online community, if not then why are we not doing anything about it? Everybody is pulling out, Nura you are basing your reasons of not attending because you suggested it should be done in Jigawa but the suggestion was refuted, Haba? traditionally it has always be done in Kano, and it wouldnt make much sence for us to make a kanoonline get together inb Jigawa, besides how many jigawa members live in Jigawa?

I'm not trying to attack anybody in particular, i mentioned Nura because i just saw his comment and i couldnt believe my eyes. Anyway, i busted my ass trying to get us a Venue even though i the chances seemed feeble, but i did at a give away price, i put my sweat and my money trying to get things done down here, but that all went to nothing, i was told members are not interested by EMTL, Haba? this is unbelievable. Last time in Alliance we all agreed that we willl be meeting every last Saturday of the year, every one agreed, but this year we are all lukewarm? Why? its the holiday season, if we dont do this, how can we be moving this site forward? and we complain everyday that its getting boring? We keep on blaiming Facebook and so on when we ourselves refuse to do what we should do. How much sacrifice will it cause us to attend the Get together ddso we could maintain or develop the already dying state of this site?

People, i'm not happy with this development, its a shame to us really i must say, i feel so ashame because i have already sent an invite to mebers and friends on Facebook and to Professor Adamu and the Admin, only to learn its not holding again.

Gaskiyya to akwai Gyara.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Muhsin

Salam,

It has just occurred once again!

The whole GTG dramatic saga left me unsurprising but unpleased. What I mean by saying I am not surprised at is that; we just do what we are capable of doing. And distasted because we fail (after seemingly strong vow to devoid that weakness) as we apparently couldn't resist that "shortcoming". Too bad.

It's being really mind-touching and mind-boggling; and disappointing. This is undeniable.

All that's to be said have been rightly said by Muda. And other responses made to this OP, especially mine and those of EMTL.

Please great KanoOnline members and numerous but mysterious visitors, I want to you to spare some of your valued time and follow these links for a better understanding of my point:

50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims

1 Northerner Vs 99 Southerner = Nairaland Contribution

Did you? You get commentary? Welcome. Thanks.

Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

GoodFella

@Muhsin

4get those bloody southerners. But forget not kanoonliners attitude toward our ur gtg. I feel ur pain, dear.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

_Waziri_

I am sorry please for this seemingly late comment but I still believe it is not late for the get together. But I want to suggest this:

If we are afraid of paying for a venue in Kano that may turn out to be a waste of money and resources because the turn out may be minimal, why won't we just meet at Funtua, EMTL's resident.

This is a fair alternative since if the turnout is not good enough we will not say we lose anything. If we are lucky to make it no matter how few  we maybe, it will still be we have made it happen or how do you see it?

Waziri

Dan-Borno

i come in peace and greet all of you in the name of Allah
the Most Merciful the Most Gracious. as most of you are
aware that i have been away to saudi on pilgrimage, i have
arrived safely with the will of Allah.

GTG 2009 is for real, i have seen it in my dream, no shaking
about that, and the venue for the GTG is confirmed to in
Kano and not Jigawa or Funtua or anywhere as speculated
by other brothers - my reasons will be explained at a later
time.

the issue of weather attendance will be discouraging should
not be even brought to table as an excuse. because the GTG's
minimum requirement is two (2) members and i am very sure
more than 2 members will attend the GTG.

so, glad tidings for those whose hope has dashed away, be
assured of the GTG and Alhaji Dan-Borno will come along with an
original knife for the rago.

A new date, time and venue will be communicated not later than
72 hours in addition to a new standing committee to effectively
man the GTG.

I greet you all in the name of Allah.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 16, 2009, 05:34:25 PM
i come in peace and greet all of you in the name of Allah
the Most Merciful the Most Gracious. as most of you are
aware that i have been away to saudi on pilgrimage, i have
arrived safely with the will of Allah.

Welcome back, Alhaji. Wish Allah, the Exalted, accepted the ibadah performed.
GTG 2009 is for real, i have seen it in my dream, no shaking
about that, and the venue for the GTG is confirmed to in
Kano and not Jigawa or Funtua or anywhere as speculated
by other brothers - my reasons will be explained at a later
time.

Lets just stick to optimism, DB. But its quite unlikely.
the issue of weather attendance will be discouraging should
not be even brought to table as an excuse. because the GTG's
minimum requirement is two (2) members and i am very sure
more than 2 members will attend the GTG.

I am also positive. Yet the issue of attendance really does count.
so, glad tidings for those whose hope has dashed away, be
assured of the GTG and Alhaji Dan-Borno will come along with an
original knife for the rago.
Eh? Any way wish your thought will be reality.

QuoteA new date, time and venue will be communicated not later than
72 hours in addition to a new standing committee to effectively
man the GTG.

Remember, we only have virtually two weeks remaining.

QuoteI greet you all in the name of Allah.

I too great you in the same way and manner.

So help us Allah.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

EMTL

In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhsin

Wa'alaik salam,

I thought you would say more than that, Ranka ya Dade.

gogannaka

LOL,lallai DB ya je ya dawo. Yadda yake magana kamar a fim din nan 'the message'
Allah ya karba.

I honestly think there is no big deal if the event is held or not.
I would have loved it to hold  and i am still optimistic that it will hold.
My own lackasaidal attitute arose from the fact that the main kanoonline developers have not shown any interest in the GTG.
Usually the event used to be looked forward to by,at least,Salisu Danyaro and Prof.Abdalla.(Dr. Yusuf Adamu and Ibrahim Ado have long since abandoned the forum completely).
The last GTG was organised with the support of both Prof and Admin. It is only natural for the members to show some restraint concerning organisation of the GTG because the founding fathers do not seem to have interest.

Alhamdulillah,through Kanoonline the frequent members have become family.We can still meet, even if not as kanoonline members and decide to embark on a project that will change or better the community and lives.
The last meeting had some projects that were supposed to have been completed by now but yet nothing has been done regarding them.

Let the meeting not be about seeing each other only but by having acheivable projects that will better the community.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

admin

Assalamu Alaikum members and gogannaka,

Ni Salisu Danyaro da Prof. Abdalla, InShaAllah za nu zo da yardar Ubangiji... kuma muna shirin zuwa dominma munyi magana da Muda... kawai muna jiransane kawai.... Allah yakaimu.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

EMTL

Quote from: admin on December 20, 2009, 11:54:04 PM

Ni Salisu Danyaro da Prof. Abdalla, InShaAllah za nu zo da yardar Ubangiji... kuma muna shirin zuwa dominma munyi magana da Muda... kawai muna jiransane kawai.... Allah yakaimu.
Assalamu alaikum,
That is good news. Now that our elders have endorsed this GTG.
DBN, Muda and Muhsin need to expedite actions on preparations, please.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

Ina Dan megona ne?
Abeg make you sure say there is abundance of zogale and lamsir as they were the favorites during the last GTG.
Where's the venue going to be and when's the date?

Muhsin

Quote from: EMTL on December 22, 2009, 10:09:01 AM
Quote from: admin on December 20, 2009, 11:54:04 PM

Assalamu alaikum,
That is good news. Now that our elders have endorsed this GTG.
DBN, Muda and Muhsin need to expedite actions on preparations, please.

Where to begin from?  ???

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Did we agree leton the following:
1. The date for the GTG is 2nd January 2010 (Saturday) 4.00 -5.30pm
2. venue remains Kano, Aliance or some place?
3. Muda, Muhsin Danmegona to organise snacks and drinks- a replica of last year's.
4. May be we can discuss how to bring back 'life' into KNline once again. Waziri, Nura, GGNK, Bakangizo, Husnaa, etc.
5. What project? Bill boards, Refuse bins, etc. We need guidance from Danyaro, Prof., DBN, etc.

We have only one week before the GTG.... Yes, we can GTG will take place Insha Allah (SWT).

Am sure others will contribute.

gogannaka