News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Shell cup 2003 - State champions emerge

Started by sdanyaro, November 12, 2002, 04:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdanyaro

Source: VANGUARD NEWS
                       Tuesday, November 12, 2002  

STATE finals of the All Nigeria Secondary Schools Football Championship for Shell Cup were played in some states last weekend according to the program of the championship for the 2003 edition.

In some of the finals, Rumfa College Kano defeated Government Secondary School, Wudil 4-0 tp emerge winners and secure a ticket for the zonal preliminaries which begin from November 26. 2002.

It would be recalled that Rumfa College were the runners-up of the championship in 2001 after losing to Salawu Abiola Comprehensive High School, Abekouta at the final.

Similarly, in Osun State, Oke-Iragbiji Grammar School, Igragbiji emerged champions of Shell Cup in Osun state after beating Methodist High School, Ilesha 2-1 in a keenly contested final. The match was played at the Osogbo Sports stadium, last Thursday and watched by a farily large crowd of mostly students.

In Gombe State, Government Day Secondary School, Gandyu defeated Government Secondary School, Bidniga 5-0 to grab the Zonale finals ticket. The match was played on Sunday at the Abubakar Umar Stadium, Gombe. The Director of Schools Services in the Ministry of Education Alhaji Mohammed Abubakar Gombe was the Guest of Honour.

With this, Government Day Secondary School will represent Gombe state at the zonal preliminaries at the Maiduguri Centre where she wil play against schools from Adamawa, Bauchi and Yobe States.

Some other results of Shell Cup finals played elsewhere show that St. Thomas Secondary School, Benin, beat Our Lady of Fatima, Auchi 4-2 to lift the Edo state title while the Benue state government Secondary School, Gboko pipped St. Micheal Secondary School, Aliede 1-0.

However, more champions are expected to emerge this week as most states will be playing their finals.

Source: VANGUARD NEWS
                       Tuesday, November 12, 2002  

Ummulhuda

BORING!!!!!!!!
(Yawn!!!!!!!!)
Want to sleep but can't?
Try football chit chat....... you'll soon fall over backwards........its better than two tabs of valium believe me! :P  ;D

Anonymous

I HATE HATE HATE FOOTBALL. I WISH I CAN KICK OUT FOOTBALL OUT OF SPORTS

Anonymous

angry

Check Proxy Professional (HTTP) is a special tool, designed to manage a database of proxy servers located all over the world. This program is essential for those who are concerned about their privacy and who want to surf the web anonymously.

http://www.checkproxy.net