News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Uwar Gida, My Future Wife

Started by Baruti M. Kamau, August 23, 2003, 05:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruti M. Kamau

You are worthy of praise.
Your importance to our Nation,
I, surely, will not displace.

Cleaning, caring and providing
For our family needs.
Teaching, loving and bringing up
Our children.  You are the one
Who has performed
The Righteous Deeds.

Uwar Gida, my future wife,
You are the core to our Nation.
You are our salvation.

In society,
Women feel highly misplaced.
That is because men
Have been too dominate a race.
They do not praise you,
For maintaining the home.
They do not praise you,
For the hard work you've done, alone.

But I shall praise you:
you are the core to our Nation.
You are our salvation.

kilishi

QuoteIn society,
Women feel highly misplaced.
That is because men
Have been too dominate a race.
They do not praise you,
For maintaining the home.
They do not praise you,
For the hard work you've done, alone.

Men i hope you read this poem,Mr Baruti this is very interesting,hope u will continue to love and cherish your wife
ilishi

ummita

Gud, Gud, Gud......but errr I taut u were searchin 4 a Nigerian wife 2 marry in 1 of ur post. Anyi aure dinne? U even wrote her d poem already?mmmh....but we were not invited ::)
Keep it up........poetically written up
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Fulanizzle

awwwwwwww awwwww

sniff   ..

too beautiful for words
)

kilishi

Quote Gud, Gud, Gud......but errr I taut u were searchin 4 a Nigerian wife 2 marry in 1 of ur post. Anyi aure dinne? U even wrote her d poem already?mmmh....but we were not invited ::)
Keep it up........poetically written up

But Ummita he said Uwargida His FUTURE WIFE,it means the poem  is in advance
ilishi

ummita

Kilishi beki kerenter wani post nashi ba.....he made mention of lookin 4 a future wife.........so d poem is dedicated to her. and if he says Uwargide it basically means mother of d house and if he sayisn future wife it means a wife all in all is that he is lookin for two wifeys kenan. Kilishi this one na babban magana
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Gimbiya

it makes me feel like is it real. it just sound so good you will think that must of us girls will sit around and wish our patner will say or fell like that towards us.
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Ibro2g

Quote Kilishi beki kerenter wani post nashi ba.....he made mention of lookin 4 a future wife.........so d poem is dedicated to her. and if he says Uwargide it basically means mother of d house and if he sayisn future wife it means a wife all in all is that he is lookin for two wifeys kenan. Kilishi this one na babban magana

Chai ummeeetah, za ki ruda mun kilishi di na. You almost ruda me back there!

Wallahi this is one of the best poems in this archive.
Safety and Peace

bmk

Thank you for the compliments everybody.  I originally wrote that poem in 1989 when I was 20 years old.  I believed I was inspired to write the poem.  That is why it flows so smoothly.  I only write poetry when I'm inspired.  Also the poem "Uwar Gida, My Future Wife" was published in two anthologies by the Southern Poetry Association and also published in Barutiwa Newspaper (1994).

I don't know how you sisters may feel about this but I'm highly interested in marrying a Nigerian woman from the Muslim north.  I regret that I did not marry a Muslim Nigerian woman when I was studying in Kano @ the Institute for Islamic and Arabic Studies during the 1991 session.  Maybe @ that time it was not the will of Allah because it did not happen.

Anyhow I'm open for more discussion via email.  My address is editor@barutiwa.com.

Baruti M. Kamau

Salamu alaikum my dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam.  I just want to let everybody know that I have two acccounts on this forum.  I am posting under the username baruti and bmk.

I have a 100 more great poems and insights to share.

Furthermore when time permit, please visit and register @ my website http://www.barutiwa.com

Sai an juma,

Fulanizzle

SALAM!

YES WE R EAGERLY WAITNG FOR UR 100 NEW POEMS!!!
)