News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Babangida's Son arrested

Started by dan mama, August 12, 2006, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hikma

Moh'd Abacha n co shd have somethin to say bout this.
I have always thot it odd that the at the time Abacha kids where given such treatment,Mohd Babangida and indeed other 'first kids' where left untouched.

for me, i abhor vindictiveness. if u`re on pararel lines with a member of a certain family, it doesnt make it right 4 u 2 play jingoism against other innocent members of that family. what the abachas nd co. are experiencin 2day only goes 2 show our true colour as a pple nd a nation. its unfortunate that there is disparity every where in our lives wit special cognisance to d admisnistration of justice. just as u hinted dat when u fall out of symphathy nd u`re not in any sort of romance with the administrators, u simply are made d hunted...

HUSNAA

Quote from: "hikma"Moh'd Abacha n co shd have somethin to say bout this.
I have always thot it odd that the at the time Abacha kids where given such treatment,Mohd Babangida and indeed other 'first kids' where left untouched.

for me, i abhor vindictiveness. if u`re on pararel lines with a member of a certain family, it doesnt make it right 4 u 2 play jingoism against other innocent members of that family. what the abachas nd co. are experiencin 2day only goes 2 show our true colour as a pple nd a nation. its unfortunate that there is disparity every where in our lives wit special cognisance to d admisnistration of justice. just as u hinted dat when u fall out of symphathy nd u`re not in any sort of romance with the administrators, u simply are made d hunted...

The reason why the Abaca family came under very close scrutiny was because they chose to live in the public eye when their father was president. They acted as if ruling Nigeria was a joint venture between them and their father. We have all heard of the way their mother ruled in ASO rock. I have  heard reliable witness accounts from ppl who have been in her presence when she was the lady of Aso rock how they were made to kowtow to her, how u cant walk around with yr shoes in her presence, how u cant sit on the sofa in her presence but have to make do with the floor rugs etc etc. She could make or break a person's very livelihood. There were also unsubstantiated accounts of cruelty towards domestic help. There was a particularly gruesome one which I wont go into here.
As for the children, they intimidated everyone, it didnt matter how high yr rank in the govt was, theirs as 'first kids' was higher or so they thought. It was alledged that whenever Mohd Abaca was in town, say Kano any high ranking officer/civil servant who happened to be in the same town, usually went over to the Abaca residence to pay their respects to him. It was almost mandatory because one's job depended on appearing servile. He was alleged to never extend a hand of greeting and would deliberately walk around with his hands clasped behind his back.

When Ibrahim Abaca died, Mohammed had a relation of mine by marriage who worked for his brother imprisoned, because some moneys belonging to the late Ibrahim Abaca couldnt be accounted for. My relative was imprisoned for nearly as long as Abaca was president of Nigeria. I think he got released a year before Abaca's death, though I cant be sure

It was said that the only man that talked back not only to the kids but to their father as well was Buhari. There was this tale of Mohammed going to Buhari's office when he (Buhari) was the CEO at PTF and demanding that Buhari give him a kwangila worth over a billion naira. A billion naira in those days was worth its name (the exchange rate was about N80 to the dollar). I think that Buhari rebuffed him and he Mohammed threatened Buhari or something ( I really cant remember the story properly). He Buhari then either slapped him or told him off in the harshest terms and had him thrown out of the office.. something to that effect. Then he phoned Abaca and complained about the matter to him.
Abaca's reply?
"Dan bishnessh din su shi keyi!!"

I dont know how true this tale is, so take it as just that, a tale. But it is  true that Mohammed Abaca had the gall to slap Ibrahim Kumasi the Inspector General of Nigeria of that era. I am not sure if he slapped him while Ibrahim Kumasi was the IG or after he vacated the post. But whichever, ai ya isa ya haife shi, for that alone he should give him the requisite respect.

.No juicy tidbits have ever been circulated about preceding first children before the Abaca brats came on the scene. So that is one reason why  krieg lights of inquisition were focused at them after their father's demise.

I remember the day I heard about Abaca's death. I was at the MIS dept in BUK, working on something when the director came over and casually said as coolly as you please:
'Abaca fa ya rasu' and then just as casually walked away.
I mean the event of the century just happened!!!..... and it was as if he was telling me that the sky was overcast and he thinks it was going to rain.
The news didnt quite sink in, so I went over to his office and looked askance at him.
'What did you just say?'
'Abaca ya rasu,' he repeated matter of factly. 'He died in the middle of the night, cause of death not ascertained as yet.'

The first person I thought of was Maryam Abaca. What I thought about her was the agenda of  things she may have planned to execute the next day, for her self and those around her on the night of her husband's death, quite blissfully ignorant of the fact that they will never be fulfilled. I thought
'wane irin buri ne matar nan ta kwana dashi da baza taba ganin aiwatarwarsa ba?' Allahu Akbar!
'Wa Yamkurūna Wa Yamkuru Allāhu Wa Allāhu Khayru Al-Mākirīna '

I felt sorry for her then probably for the first and only time.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Ete

Husnna, please for the benefit of us keferis here that do not understand hausa, try and inteprete the things you write in hausa so we'll be in on the gist, unless of course,  it is for a select audience alone.

I also heard that Abacha died after having sex with some Indian and Lebanese women and eating apple afterwards.  It is either the apple was poisoned or the combination of a wild orgy with apple is just plain deadly.  But the reason why Abacha came to hold the highest office in Nigeria is because of the failure of our governments at securing our borders.  We have people from Chad and Niger republic crossing our borders through the north, and passing themselves off as Nigerians. That is illegal. This was how Abacha entered Nigeria and claimed Kano as his home state according to reliable sources.

Our fellow citizens in the north should realize that border security is very important to domestic security. They need to realize that they cannot just welcome Chadians and Niger Republic citizens with open arms and allow them take advantage of what our society offers.  If they want to become Nigerian citizens, those people need to apply the proper way and wait  in line behind the millions of foreigners that want to be citizens of our country.  Right now, we have 1.5 million unocumented illegal Niger Republicans in Kano. Some of them are even commissioners.

So my advice to my northern brothers/sisters, you will be merginalised soon by chadians. You think allowing them in is a sign of good brotherhood?  You all allowed Abacha come in through the back door and into the Nigeria Army, and see what happened.  By the way, how in this World did anybody allow Abacha into the Armed forces? The British instructors at Sandhurst where they all usually went for training in those days adviced the Nigeria government  to simply withdraw Abacha from the Army. That is, his performance at Sandhurst was so bad it was scary.  Nigeria kingmakers ignored the warning and left him there...see what happend.

lionger

Well in the mid-90s my brother was a classmate of one of Abacha's sons (apparently) for a short period. From what I heard it seems he was a blinger and 'intimidator' as well, and the day Abacha died he disappeared and was never seen there again. I found out about Abacha's death at around mid-afternoon that Monday (I think it was a Monday), from CNN International. Later NTA confirmed the news. That evening friends and neigbors called in and started wild celebrations. It was one of the strangest days I ever witnessed in Nigeria, surpassed only by the tragic mayhem of the post-June 12 elections that I also saw in Lagos  :( .

I heard all sorts of rumors about his death, including the one Ete mentioned. I also heard one about an overdose of Burantashi being responsible for his death  :shock: . Only God knows what really happened to him.