News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

My observation a month to 2007 general election

Started by mlbash, May 07, 2007, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: My view about the forthcomimg general elections

The Buhari's Dilemma

It's now very clear to all that there is a marked misunderstanding within the major opposition party, All Nigerian People Party (ANPP) As an admirer of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and consequently the ANPP, the fraction in the Party has put us ( the well wishers) in great jeopardy. I believe all reasonable Nigerians respect the principles of our hero Gen. Buhari. But unfortunately as it turned out to be, there are some unscrupulous individuals from within the Party that are determined to disrupt the long standing aspirations and prayers of the masses for a better Nigeria.

Now without any bias, regarding the issue objectively one can not overlook the fact that the background of the problem arises from the notorious The Buhari Organization (TBO) The people that constitute the organization to my naïve political analysis are no better than what I regarded whole heartedly as 'opportunists'. Even after dissolution of the organization by Buhari himself and incorporating it to the Party's campaign network, the 'power mongers' persisted for a reason best known to them.

Taking Kano State as a case study, let's analyze the party's condition. Firstly there is long outstanding division since the State's General Convention from which Alh Sani Hashim Hotoro emerges as the State Chairman of the Party. Alh. Ahmadu Haruna Zago and others cried for injustice and since then the faction was constantly attacking the Government in which majority of them where part of. Coincidently the faction is part of the TBO, so these ungrateful 'Poolitians' seized the opportunity to blackmail the Government, they created all sort of lies and instigate the 'alleged problem' between Gen Buhari and the State Government. The most disheartened situation was how they succeeded in persuading the General to accept the fact that Kano State Government is against him!

Secondly, after the National ANPP Convention, same people propagated the alleged underground manipulations by Kano State delegates at the Convention to vote the candidates from other camp than Buhari's. Surprisingly the General himself declared a foul play by the Kano delegates. This declaration has tarnish the image of Gen. Buhari though not very pronounced. To many politicians Buhari should have remain silent about it, least sighting example of rigging by mentioning Kano, despise the great inevitable love we have for him!

Thirdly and most serious of all was the recent second term campaign gathering of Mal. Shekarau. Gen Buhari was said to turn down the invitation sent to him. With all sincere respect to the General whom I respect most seriously, that was a political blunder. Former Presidential aspirant Alh. Bashir Othman Tofa was reported to have ask the voters to vote for the ANPP for the gubernatorial position downward, but for the presidential post, let anybody suit himself. To the best of my judgment he has said the right thing; I would do same in his position.
Why because the General has simply refuse to honor their invitation which means he does not care about winning the gubernatorial post and invariably the presidential. At this critical moment I believe that gesture is a political suicide!

Considering the following observation;
Northwestern States, Sokoto predominantly led by DPP, Kebbi by PDP, Zamfara just recently Gov Yarima resign as the presidential campaign Director, Jigawa led by PDP, Kaduna ANPP in crises for Gubernatorial candidate, Katsina the hope of PDP,  and now putting Kano the sit of opposition and every politician hope in confusing.

Northeastern States, Adamawa the hope of AC, Taraba led by PDP, Gombe led by PDP, Bauchi the home of Adamu Muazu, one of the best PDP Governors, Yobe led by the most controversial Governor, Borno the sit of most powerful ANPP Governor, there is hope there.

Middle belt region, Plateau led by 'PDPAC', Nassarawa led by PDP, Kogi led by PDP, Kwara the home of most influential political Guru, Alh Sola Saraki, Niger led by PDP and home of hilltop Generals, Benue led by PDP. And of course Abuja is also predominantly PDP.

Now looking at the trend to which the nature of Nigerian election is being subjected to, Buhari has a lot burden to deal with already, least creating more enemies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable