News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Tattoes, Pierces & Braids

Started by ummita, January 18, 2003, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maleeq

Finally corret gal don com.she don dey talk am straight from the heart .
akavelli da don till I`m gone!!!

MohammedIbrahim

salam yall
just letting yall know a piece of mah mind on this topic

1. piercing other than ear piercing is sick....sorry
2, Tattoes is just off the hook!!! man people u r just hurting urselves...plus its madd unhygienic and just gross!
2. men with piercing is so NOT kool
3. Men with braids....its unIslamic, might as well start putting skirts!!!!!
3. No matter what is in fashion, if its wack, people don have to do it, if the fashion is unIslamic, why even bother thinking about doing it ?? !!!!?? ??

aiight yall peace out
salam
safe

Nice one,100% with u ;)

Blaqueen

AAALLL RISE!!!!!

here to present my arguement.... BRAIDS ON MEN IS NOT HARAM!!!

~irish men wear skirts...according to the majority... so.. does that mean muslim irish men should stop wearing their traditional kilts??

~arab men wear long dresses... well, jallabiya to them.. but dresses to others... should they dispose of it and wear pants??

~arab men wear dankwali... well to them its their traditional clothing.. they wear it on their head, like women wear veils... should they dispose of such cultural pride??

~pakistanis, indians, native american women.. wear pants... well, to them its their traditional wando... should the muslims not wear it because it's not a skirt??

~fulani men.. braid their hair.. traditional aspect of their culture... so they're muslims now.. should they stop braiding it?? Men in braids is nuthin new.. maybe new to the western culture.. but not to us...

u cash my drift?
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Borg

FDQ kin ce wani abu. In Islam it is not allowed for a man to immitate the dressing and ways of a woman and vice versa, but ofcourse that will fall in the context of that persons culture and intentions. If he is from a place where wearing skirts or braiding the hair are thing for men then he is at no fault.
Most guys today that pierce and braid do it for fashion and just for the fun of it and that isnt acceptable.

Ihsan

You can leave ur culture/tradition for you Religion...in this case Islam.
greetings from Ihsaneey

Anonymous

Ihsan kinyi gaskiya, first things first!! Addini first b4 al'ada.......

Blaqueen

da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Ihsan

Aunty Fyne, the first time I read ur post I understood it...and again I say u can leave ur tradition/culture for ur religion... :)
greetings from Ihsaneey

Ibro2g

I agree wid both dyme and Ihsan. You see, Islam forbids sex immitations, and at the same time, some of it are equal. We just have to find what is meant for us:men and what is meant for u. Now I stop. I dont know most.
Safety and Peace

al_hamza

Assalam,

Muatta Al-Malik :-

Yahya narrated from Malek, on the autority of nafi, reported from 'Abdullah ben Umar ben Al-Khattab (R.T.A) said: That who makes braid with his hair, let him shave. And do not immitate each other with matting.

And Yahya narrated from Malek, on the authority of Yahya ben Sa'id. from Sa'id ben Al-Musayyeb, that Umar ben Al-Khattab(R.T.A) said : That who plaits his hair, or braids, or mats his hair, the shaving is obligatory on him.

I have allways been a funky kinda a guy in school and the authorities had constant head-ache with me :) it had been my dream to plate my hair (if thats what kiso is) but i came upon this Hadith all of a sudden, Al-hamdulillah now at-least i dont have to shave my head lol.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

al_hamza

oh one more thing,
i also wanted to pierce my ear really bad,
cos my left earlobe at-times swells cos of infection, i asked my mother and she forbade it as HARAM. even though it was a mixture of necessity and a little shataninci lol. Since i accepted her argument till date i have no problem with my earlobe. the again i wanted to have a tatoo especially on my arms of "dragons",

i even stick a sticker on my arm once, All day i felt un-easy with it, when my mom learnt of it she forbade me and told me that the Nobel Prophet has said that if we have a tatoo we must remove it at whatever cost even if it means burning and hurting ourselves.

now i have read nothing of the two (tatoos and piercing of the ear) but my mother is highly religeous as such i will not question her knowledge, as far as your desire for a proof is.... Insha'Allah i'll scan my book of Ahadith (Muwatta-Al-Malik) which many west-africans accept. As soon as i get the Hadith i'll let you all know.

Ihsan said it ISLAM FIRST.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

fulani_queen

DYme!!!!!!!!.....Okay ThatS enOUgh bouT tha BradiNg tHIng!!!!!!
WassUp witchU??!!! BrAidin is soOOo HARRAM!!!!!! iF u dONt know U beTTa know NOw beFOr iTS ToO late.
Ke se DuniYa ta kOya Miki HankaLI kaFIn Ki Yada???
See me seE tRoubLe! >:( >:( >:(....cow!

Hafsy_Lady

I recently came across a guy, dan kano, bahausa and honestly he had a tattoo done on that same day I came across his.
All dem Sisqo wanna bee wuna go face God. I strictly know tattoes are forbidden.

I also know a girl who is a fellow bahillatana with about 7 pierces in total. Wetin wrong about that? :-/ Thats not haram,
but I am questining the fact that if she has dem pins all pinned to her kunni..ai ba matsala?  

Fulani men braid their hair back in the days!!!! I didnt hear a "Ah God said no to that"! :-/
What you see is what you get[/b]

zezezee

Religion first, tradition second. this is the only way we can do it rite!
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.