News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Announcement: Nigeria is 46yrs! What....

Started by Muhsin, September 29, 2006, 01:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Our ?estimable? mother land is now 46yrs. As a Nigerian, either naturalized, born or Diaspora, I know you must have a certain feeling toward this so-called independence of Nigeria. So, let?s share our reactions, feelings, attitudes and what have you toward that.

Mine personally is a bit mixed; partially happy and otherwise. Yes, we're away of colonialism, even faraway physically. But, I have a feeling that we're not actually away. Secondly, I don't totally agree that Federalism is the good element of government, because it?s this system that has been given birth to tyrannical government in Nigeria; president's word is final, no legislator, judiciary or anybody can say NO to whatsoever he implemented. Thirdly, it?s in this country that we're producing crude oil that never satisfies the required need of its citizen but that of her old Imperialist.....I don't have to stay mentioning. I know I cannot mention even 1% of these dishearten things that sandwiched us in this country.
What's yours?
Oh Allah, bring bliss to us.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

neozizo

I beleive its more of the fault of the people(both the led n d leaders)rather than the system.
Nigeria at 46 could have been better but thank God its not worse

HUSNAA

Nigeria is the land of missed opportunities, a bottomless pit of wealth, mismanaged by a very few.

I once saw a funny drawing of nigeria as a harvest tree. The harvest fruit was ofcourse the naira notes. Below, the tree was surrounded and guarded by armed soldiers. Looking up to the top of it were ragged ppl representing the various sectors of the nigerian societywho didnt dare approach any closer. Atop the tree was OBJ and a few of his choice clique; the senate, house of rep members and the like. They were all stuffing themselves silly. There was OBJ throwing a bundle of naira notes to a man whose hands were stretching to catch the bundle.The name ASUU was written on him and OBJ was saying to him 'here manage this'. It was so funny, but at the same time so true.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

NIGERIA: THE HEART OF AFRICA

The theme, "Heart of Africa? is the result of a series of intensive research efforts & deliberations and is considered as having the greatest marketing potential for multilateral branding, based on its relevance to business, tourism and investment.

-Nigeria is a major force to be reckoned with in Africa. Consider the following:

- Nigeria is one of the largest markets in Africa with over 140 million people.It is one of 3 foremost economies in Africa alongside Egypt & South Africa with a booming oil & gas sector and emergent telecoms industry.

- Nigeria's film industry is the third largest in the world.

- Nigeria is the largest producer of home videos in the world.

- Nigeria has constantly been involved in peacekeeping efforts within the Economic Community of West African States Monitoring Group (ECOMOG).

- Nigeria has played an important role in Africa?s development.

1. Abolishment of apartheid and decolonisation in Africa.

2. Contributions to Africa's economic development through the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).

3. Prominent role in the Commonwealth.

Nigeria has one of the richest cultures in Africa and is steeped in decades of history and heritage. A number of themes for the project were explored, but the theme ?Heart of Africa? was eventually adopted and endorsed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

For more on the heart of Africa project check http://www.heartofafrica.com[/url]
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

mallamt

I am not very sure but I think there is already an african country that uses this line "the heart of africa" in its tourism promotion and adverts

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: "Muhsin"Heart of Africa? And this is Nigeria? Ikon Allah!

What do you mean?U dont believe Nigeria(our great country) is the heart of Africa do you?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: "gogannaka"
Quote from: "Muhsin"Heart of Africa? And this is Nigeria? Ikon Allah!

What do you mean?U dont believe Nigeria(our great country) is the heart of Africa do you?

Well, I can just say I do believe but by the name not in reality, isn't it?