News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

YANKEES, ABROADIANS, WHY FRONT 4 OTHER NIJA'S EHN?

Started by ummita, March 09, 2004, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

"We come from d same place now". Wussup with that? Fellow 9gerians whussup naaa? U travel yankee come bck meet us, ur africano skin color neva turn white, so y u dey put up big front 4 fellow 9ja. All of u help us ansa this puzzle abeg? Or where r d yankee dwellers (she laffs)......

Ok u meet fellow Naijan who came bck from abroad.......dey start frontin, dey stick their noses up, New policies: I dnt eat tuwo, I dnt go out in d sun ::). Gul kuma, her own is a serios case, what I find funny is this; Yankee gul bck in homeland...small thing she will say "I hav d ryt" womans right"..blah blah....Again she has only been abroad for 3wks, now she doesnt know how 2 wear iro & buba or betta still zena de riga. Guy has only travelled abroad for 3yrs now he claims his hausa transmission is lost........sai slangs (I dey salute dan giden Tony Blair ::) ). The main the main: instead phoeney takes over broken english & ur original mothers tongue. Accent!
Some Hausa folks 4 instance, can put on a front! big time, & I also mean Nigerians in general. (lol)Some might even try to ditch pidgin English, Hausa, Fulde in favour of the Queen's language only to embarass themselves with a fake American accent & d worse comes wen hausa accent mixes with posh/brithish accent. U d listener will keep on wonderin what that foreign accent faker is yannin about! Omo jare speak clearly! On d contrary, I can understand if you are in the midst of unscrupulous people but then again, why be there in the same place when "Birds of the same feathers flock together"?

Furthermore, these set of ppl that do not want to belong inside the map of Nigeria ....ask them where they are from and they will mention a city or state in America, UK, France, China, or whereeva. ?Of course we know u dey camp abroad but whereeeeeeee r u from in Naija? Because when we ask where r u from we don't mean what state u live in d UK, US or South France, we mean where in Nigeria r u from & d last time I checked there was no Atlanta or Miami on the Nigerian map. ::)

On a more serious note we all need to keep it real with each other cos u hav told us u dey base 4 yankee, so whussup? why front? No bi africano pessin u b? You travel abroad come bck meet us, say wetin? ::) "a'a ai na zama bature". (hiss)

These kinda ppl get on my nerves bcus dey too dey front. Wat do u think?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

This is a question you have to answer first for yourself.it took me almost 30 mins before i finish reading this post,and all i understand was people are talking slangs and some do not understand.you should correct your englishi befor other will folow.is the same english slang you are sfeaking.

ummita

3omins :o..........sho!!! u & snail........who slow pass..........(she laffs)..........it will take u a decade 2 read point on politics in d general board ashe!!! :-/

ok..........lemme put it in laymans language:

issues r:
STRAIGHT UP FRONTIN OF NIGERIAN IN YANKEES AND THEIR RETURN TO THEIR HOMELAND PUTTIN UP BIG FRONTS 4 FELLWO NIJANS.............ME WAN KNOW DEY DO THAT?
FRONTIN (eg: Yenga, gayu, girman kai, bigmanism, lookin down on ppl, egotism..............& so many ish)

Point of correction, I wasnt speakin slangs......I was just "SHORTENIN MY WORDINGS" 4 d beneficiary of those that it will take them more than 30mins 2 read, because if I am 2 write in full..........emmmm another kanoonline page will b created. There is a BIG difference wit I wan2 & I wanna......

Funky Mallam I hpe u gane (she smiles)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Hafsy_Lady

okkkkkk............I on-dastand, maganarki DUTSE!
You are so right, my own thinking is if you come back from abroad we are all the same hakane ko ba haka bane? But I also just cant on-dastand those: (yan girman kai, yan kwama/gayu, yan kaudi da kakanba, yan ji da kai, yan nuna isa kowa banza, yan iyayi) You see they come back with attitude. For example I have a freind who came with her freinds to my house because I frequently hold get together dinners with close circle of family & freinds......the freind was studying in US, it was time for all of us to eat we all served our selves, muka zauna on the floor but nooooo she doesnt sit on the floor, ::) time for Magrib prayer she said she will do it when she gets home because of her make up!!! Now we were all doing girls talk, hira the girl was yanning "kunsa mu in US so so so" *hiss wetin she go fit show meh sef? One kano hausa boi come blow his americanised accent, the slangs go fit deefen man and E fit make blind man opun eyes!

Nija men are now afraid of Nija girls in yankee because their calamities to much, Nija women too dey fear yankee nija bois

What makes these kind of people in Yankee think say dey betta pass us?

Dey go dey pose, dey go dey front.....Abeg drop Oyinbo style and pick up your heritage
?
What you see is what you get[/b]

ali_grema

thats true!!!its only when we appreciate our selves thats when people/the world will respect us!!!so bros and sis's lets be ourselves(our true colour) and lets dance to our drums....

Tukurtukur

Ummita! Ummita! Ummita! Ummita!
Nnaaaaaaaaa. who be di yankees and abroadians.  Tell us.  Yes tell us. who dem be?

Let us dey talk concrete and hard core.  I no be mason o!

How-eba u 4 dey give de names of de yankees and yankoos (gals) so dat we go talk proproly. na dat be concrete talk.

You no hear wetin Alimsuf talk about u when he go London?

Hear him:   (on 01/20/04 at 19:09:58, alimsuf wrote:Hey Hey ...this world na small wo!!!!  
Ummita sound a unique name, we just de jist one mention ummita here in Uk, I no no whether na K-on line Ummita he/she de refer but.....Waka a bakin mai ita tafi dadi.  
Mu na sauraro............ )

Na him you de refer to as abroadian?  He no be yankee as he no go Bush's land.

If no be him e go good if you tell us dem name then we can address de issue correctly and concretely.

Motsi yafi labewa

alimsuf

Hey Tukurtukur, ur name sound like a name of one nice area in my town, zaria..Any way.. it be like say u de fin my trouble,,,make u no try me wo!!! u no hear my name, na Ali i be wo!!!,  Me i de cool for dis house wo...me i no be yankee o, and i no call any person yankee or abroadeeee wo....i am full bazazzage and proud to be so wo, no be so Waz, Fula..u no de see kanawa de jealous us,,,,
If some thing carry u go some where , does that mean u change from whatin u be?????I think, no be location u go take judge dis yankees but na their attitude,,,just go to nija high institutions u go see yankees, the gresssing, the way they talk, I think, na this kind ppl Ummita de refer...

Anonymous

Assalamualaikum,
Seriously what this entails is true. I am a student in ABU Zaria. During summer before we go on break, alot of Yankees/ people in abroad have freinds or former classmates in my uni so they drive down to see them, mu da Allah baikaimu ba sai kuga wanda Allah ya kaisun suna mana takama da nuna isa, Alhamdulilah for those that have means of staying, studying or working in abroad, ba bakin ciki akeyi, ba hassada kuma akeyiba, Allah ne ya nufe ko, so I dont have a problem with people leaving or studying there but I have a BIG problem with their attitude and behaviour. I happen to be a victim of a scene where there was this "gaye" wai shi "nigga" ya kusa buge ni da motarsa nayi magana yabini da F***k you. Now it that how a reasonable person should behave? or dan an zama yan US ko UK ko dai duk wata kasa dake ba na bakin fata ba?
Some girls that copy cat oyibos I cant even stand them. A girl should behave normal, bahaushiya ta kwarai wallahi na fimusu ganin ganima, amman yan mata masu ji da kai da wanda basu mutunta mutane don suna kasar waje, gaskiya bani ganin su da mutunci suma kuma nayi balain raina musu wayo don duk copycat ne. Bacin haka ni naji kuma magana tabbas ne, wata yarinya yar musulma kuma bahaushiya yar asalin kano, karshenta CIKI tayi, akadawo da ita gida ance ABORTION yariyer tace sam wai its illegal don Allah ku dubu wanna alamari. Sai wando da riga, yan jin music, babu hausa sai turanci (turancin ma idan aka kwaba sai mutum ya rasa me ke mai ciwo a jiki)
To jama'a yanzu menene abun takama ma, menene abun sha'awa anan? Zama ta turawan ne, cin burger yake ko mene suke kira? Slangs dinne? ko dai koyi da yahudu da nasara ne abun takama da sha'awa? To zan dakata ana sai wani mako idan na garzayo.
Idan na bata ma wani rai anan to ina mai neman afuwa.
Haza wasalam.

Ibrahim thanks for introducing me this is a very interesting forum

Dante

QuoteAssalamualaikum,
Seriously what this entails is true. I am a student in ABU Zaria. During summer before we go on break, alot of Yankees/ people in abroad have freinds or former classmates in my uni so they drive down to see them, mu da Allah baikaimu ba sai kuga wanda Allah ya kaisun suna mana takama da nuna isa, Alhamdulilah for those that have means of staying, studying or working in abroad, ba bakin ciki akeyi, ba hassada kuma akeyiba, Allah ne ya nufe ko, so I dont have a problem with people leaving or studying there but I have a BIG problem with their attitude and behaviour. I happen to be a victim of a scene where there was this "gaye" wai shi "nigga" ya kusa buge ni da motarsa nayi magana yabini da F***k you.
LoL

Salaam Jameel,
I totally feel your views & we hope you register & become a
member of this online community!

These things happen when one does'nt know where his life
is heading to or don't have a future ambition! they are also
known as NFA's (No Future Ambition). It's totally wrong ppl
with this type of lifestyle to be doing some things that are
borrowed from the turawa/yahud lifestlye (gayu). This is
totally wrong!

Ma'assalaam.

Anonymous

When I was in Kano the abroadians who came back with fake accents were laughed at and called the "been-tos" as in "I's been to London" and "I's been to New York".
Nothing ever changes.

Anonymous

Word up!
Ma' Dawg gave me a link to this post:
Birdie: I wanna speak to that birdie hollarin', you worra'm sayin been livin the states bout 8yrs now, reepin from Kaduna but yo! men ya'all dry, ya'all talkin shallow, you know worra sayin. Livin abroad people kinda change you get me, back home when I ho holidayin' all dem youngin's been lookin at you like they never been a black person before, they start envying you wanting to hang around cause you call and sh*t well wat you gonna do? I keep away from these people, now people gon be acting shady telling you that you big-head. Now Sup with that? Nigerian girls are so dry men! When they see you all hyp they wanna go out with you. Now I come croozin in ma' car some girl wants me to holla so if you not cool pony wouldnt wanna date yah. Now some peeps will be jelous sayin ish & shish, I gat peeps that are white they dont act big the real people that put up big fronts are the nigerians themselves. I can start mentionin real rich peeps in kano now those the onces fronting and dissing other. Ya'all sayin nigerians abroad are ish. F**CK IT WOREVA MEN! Am a bowler and I do what I want no pony's gonna change it.
TOP THAT !

Fateez

QuoteWord up!
Ma' Dawg gave me a link to this post:
Birdie: I wanna speak to that birdie hollarin', you worra'm sayin been livin the states bout 8yrs now, reepin from Kaduna but yo! men ya'all dry, ya'all talkin shallow, you know worra sayin. Livin abroad people kinda change you get me, back home when I ho holidayin' all dem youngin's been lookin at you like they never been a black person before, they start envying you wanting to hang around cause you call and sh*t well wat you gonna do? I keep away from these people, now people gon be acting shady telling you that you big-head. Now Sup with that? Nigerian girls are so dry men! When they see you all hyp they wanna go out with you. Now I come croozin in ma' car some girl wants me to holla so if you not cool pony wouldnt wanna date yah. Now some peeps will be jelous sayin ish & shish, I gat peeps that are white they dont act big the real people that put up big fronts are the nigerians themselves. I can start mentionin real rich peeps in kano now those the onces fronting and dissing other. Ya'all sayin nigerians abroad are ish. F**CK IT WOREVA MEN! Am a bowler and I do what I want no pony's gonna change it.
TOP THAT !

*hiss*

B'live mi, sum people have gat issues!!!

Abeg, lets move on, jare!!!
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Hafsy_Lady

Jamilu Shuaibu, I feel your pain brother. SKIDO is a typical example for the issue of discussion here
Come, Skido na only 8yrs, you take spend for yankee.......? chia! What a drastic transformation for this your turanci contains PROPER SLANG ERROR! :-/

Fateez am telling you this is one LOCAL CHAMPION.
NIGERIAN AFRICAN AMERICAN THATS WHAT THEY CLAIM, YANKEE WANNABEES
::)

Hafsy_Lady

QuoteAssalamualaikum,
babu hausa sai turanci (turancin ma idan aka kwaba sai mutum ya rasa me ke mai ciwo a jiki)
To jama'a yanzu menene abun takama ma, menene abun sha'awa anan? Zama ta turawan ne, cin burger yake ko mene suke kira? Slangs dinne? ko dai koyi da yahudu da nasara ne abun takama da sha'awa?
As brother was sayin: Correct facts!

And so whut if you dey reep for yankee? :-/ If you act like them and be like them whussup showin off. Are you trying to make nigerians feel low or unwanted ne? If so what ever the case might be if you are a citizen of Nigeria and you stepped out abroad: My own is: no matter your crunk up style, no matter your frontings, no matter you cool flows, if you be the don or the dawg, hussla, bowler, shack-howla,thug Nigga, or completely westernised I STILL CONSIDER YOU A TYPICAL NIGERIAN if your skin no bi pure white and if you no dey talk through nostrils, lie lie! dat one na lie you be black african nigerian ::). I know say dis kondi-shon wey bring dis-koshon no bi sontin man pikin go fit worry about but di tin bi say na us dem yankees get liver to show us say we neva fit reach there and but is its just not right, its stupid, mannerless, despising your original trademark, puttin yourself in shame and becoming a laughing stock as David was saying, to top it all up your nasty behaviour and attitude is not wanted in our country. I say it as it is: My people who no gree wit thing I talk Eya?

[/b]

Gimbiya

Okay this is the real deal. kun san hausawa sunce "zama da madaukin kanwa shi ke kawo farin kai". I don't blame people if they really try hard to be somebody that they aren't, it's not their fault. Remember some of this people only see what life can offer in this countries. well when I first read this thread I felt like Ummita was talking about me. so I called a friend in Alabama and read to her the message. Ummita you might right, but I believe sometimes people do things without realizing they have done it.I know some people who went to kano (place where they haven't been for like 5 years). let me tell you that was a journey  nobody will ever forget. people look at the way they talk, the way they eat, the they do almost everything. I think people keeps their heads up to see "things" like that, something unusal.
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]