News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

History

Started by al_hamza, December 10, 2003, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_hamza

We have always made the mistake of forgeting about our past.
The essential part of the up-bringing of a child is.... he knows heroes of his nation, identifies them and tries to be like them.
Though Abacha has come and gone, His Excelency was a great hero, and almost all of us agree on that.

I have never met the great man in person, but i have studied him very closely. Anything this Great man did in His life, i tried my possible best to know about it.

Abacha must not slip into the shadow of history and be forgotten.

So after many weeks of thinking wether to go ahead with this or not, i have decided to finally make this topic.

Lets talk about his excelency, learn about him, tell each other of experiences with him(if any had) what we have read about him that is credible, how we felt when he died.

What we did to remember him when he died,

I would be very gratefull to all those that contribute in here.

Yours ALI HAMZA
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

al_hamza

I'll be the first,

When i heard of His Excelencies death, I was devastated, because i had believed that when He came to power, Nigeria would finally take bold steps towards making itself as strong as it should be.

I remember clearly that school was closed the next day, at home i wasted no time, i picked up a card-board paper ( i dont know exact dimensions of it) which usually are quite big back home, i drew a portrait of him, in a babban-riga and a zanna bukar. I drew with a pen, so there was no room for mistakes, I hadnt been very good at drawing people, But i did succede in making a very beautiful portrait in the first attempt.

Reports were all over the country, southerners were openly partying and distributing free alcohol at the death of this Great Man, i cared not about what was going on.
The next day i hung the Portait in the classroom. Right behind me on the wall (i used to be the notorious back-bencher).

During break, in our school it wasnt allowed to stay in the classroom, so we all used to move out. Break used to be for 20mins, i just decided to go check on on my drawing. When i got there, i found the portait torn and the cardboard paper litteraly cut to pieces with a razor-blade. The only person i found in the class happened to be an igbo. We had a long and furious fight, and at the end he had to appologise and believe it or not, today he is a staunch abacha supporter.

Abacha's campaign brought in many items to show support, like wrist-watches and badges, i gave-up wearing my "swatch" to wear a watch with a picture of His Excelency which i did for many years b4 it got stolen/lost. I wore the badge. and today its amognst my most valued item. His Excelency is wearinga  blue shadda. with zanna bukar, has a beautiful grin, and is one of the rare picture without his favorite glasses.

Any guy that was talla'ing (lol) was my victim, i would stop at any place where i saw these guys on their bikes, i would ask for stickers with his pic and if they didnt have it, i'd give them my address and tell them to get it to me.

I put a sticker on our gate, It was a big one, and many people started describing our house as "gidan da suke da hoton abacha akan gate din su" :)

that wasnt enough, and i put a sticker next to my number plate on the back side of my car, it didnt go till our driver (Mallam Mohammadu) whom i respect alot thought it wasnt wise since the government was against anything Abacha (it stayed till late1999).

Ibro2g

As a lagosian during the sani Abacha regime, I was under the illusion and brain wash that he was a cheat, a dictator, a common thief. But Just after his death was my very own re-awakening of my concious and I even left lagos. I realised what marvel the late General is, and his plot for this country was the best story never told for Nigeria. If at all the critics I've lived with a Lag define him that way, then maybe that is what this country needs, all that it needs. His financial record are the best compared to any military dictator or ruler. His principles and ambitions are quite rare, the modernised, improved and better hitler was he. If I go on, its gonn sound like hero worshiping, which I aint. I just thought I might keep this here before I see how others will react. May his gentle soul rest in peace, Amen.

P.S thanks alot AL-Hamzah.
Safety and Peace

ummita

Quotei picked up a card-board paperi drew a portrait of him, in a babban-riga and a zanna bukar. I drew with a pen, so there was no room for mistakes, I hadnt been very good at drawing people, But i did succede in making a very beautiful portrait in the first attempt.

C ur mouff............ ::) ba a feder meker in ur Madras that drawin din mutunmi beyer cikin musulumci ba!  Now if pessin tlk ur trouble go start ::) (she laffs)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

Quote As a lagosian during the sani Abacha regime, I was under the illusion and brain wash that he was a cheat, a dictator, a common thief. But Just after his death was my very own re-awakening of my concious

Mhmmm now alot of ppl know.
May Allah rest his soul in perfect peace, May he grant d deceased with Jannat

Well I remembered bck in d dayz wen alot of ppl hated him....not 2 mention dama..... politics as practise, whateva its profession, has always been the systematic organisation of hatred :-/ So of course alot of ppl did hate him but wen sum1 is not there anymore then truelly his worth is known!!!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

al_hamza

ummita, i wasnt a good muslim at that time,
and is it a hobby to pick on people? or were u born like that?
or is it that you like arguing with me?  ;)

Anonymous

Are you guys saying this out of pure objectivity or anemic fanatism?  ???

If you guys are aware of what is known about what Abacha did to the country you wouldnt be pontificating about his (lack of) greatness.

Ibro2g

Our point here dan Banza is that his greatness is luminous and we are trying to reflect it to the forum. If you can pinpoint out some of it then go ahead! Dan banza, what a name!...welkom anywayz
Safety and Peace

DanBanza

Thanks Ibro,

The list of horrors that happened during his time goes on and on; people disappeared, were summarily executed or detained during Sani's regime. Add to that the looting of billions still unobtainable today. The Nigerian economy degenerated to a pathetic state... what is there that is luminous about Abacha? Nigeria has never had a decent president for the past, what, 26 years? but Sani tops them all.

Ibro555

U guys must be outta ur minds....what da heck? Someone that shed blood and killed innocent pple for persoanl benefits and screwed the country up-side down is ur personal heroes?
May Allah help the present Nigeria Generation and may the wicked never go unpunished!

Ibro555

...And as the history part of it, if u want to know more, pls go read about Mungo Park and Tafawa Balewa! Abacha is known as one of the most brutal dictators on earth and the day the son of a b!tch died, I cudnt help but go to the mosque that afternoon and thank Allah for saving my dear Nation from the stupidity of one man! I'll study the "history" of AbdulSalami any day cos he's a man that stood by his words...now, that's one of the numerous definition of a true hero!
Bura Uba!

DanBanza

Finally, someone that isnt blinded by the fact that SA is from Kano.   :o ;D

That man was an animal.

Ibro555

QuoteFinally, someone that isnt blinded by the fact that SA is from Kano. ? :o ;D

That man was an animal.
I dont like talking about dead pple...but i must say calling him an animal is a serious offence....a serious understatement if i may add! I'm still looking for a word to qualify him!
May I use this avenue to impore my fellow northern brethen not to be confused and blinded by "northen bias"...Nigeria is one...live with it and let us try to take Nigeria away from the Animal Kingdom and discourage "Animals" from getting into the driver's sit.
Buran Uba!

admin

As the Administrator of this forum, I will like to remind all our members new and old about the fact that this site and forum will not tolerate abusive words and attacks on anybody without any fact to back the attack up.

For example if you said people disappeared, were summarily executed or detained or billions were looted or the economy  degenerated to a pathetic state..., then provide for us the names of the people that disappeared, were summarily executed and for the state of the economy, how many people were working and how strong was the Naira compired to NOW. For all we know NOW anybody can say that at this time and in this day and age that people disappeared, were summarily executed or detained and that billions are still being looted or that the economy is worst than pathetic .... This is just an example.

We will also not tolerate abusive words such as the last two words that Ibro555 used in his last two posts...

Thanks.    
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Anonymous

Admin:
Please stop obfuscating! Abacha's brutality and style of government is well documented and publicly available.

You really want to see evidence of the mass looting that occured under Abacha's administration? :o Huh?! :-X Dude, if you've been fortunate enough to hide under a rock over the last decade or so then good for you. Otherwise, plese give us a break!

-SF