News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

A medicamentose against HIV!!!

Started by Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu, May 25, 2009, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Although the monster took, and is still taking the lives of millions of people worldwide,  medics, in conjunction with scientists from different areas of knowledge, from different countries, have been putting their best in finding a way to deal with the somatic disease. One of the many newly manufactured drugs against the 'Human Immunodeficient Virus (HIV), is [b]Tipranavir.[/b] Though explanations of the action of this preparation may be better understood by people in the medical circus and the like, this my piece worth reading.
    Tipranavir, or tipranavir d-isodium, is a non-peptidic protease inhibitor (PI).. It is administered with ritonavir in combination therapy to treat HIV infection.
    Tipranavir has the ability of inhibiting the replication of viruses that are resistant to other protease inhibitors, and is recommended to patients that are  resistant to other modes of treatment (managements). Resistance to tipranavir itself seems to require multiple mutations.
     For more information, just click to:
http://bioinformati]http://bioinformations.info/ ?p=460
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

gogannaka

A welcome development.
Its high time the cure for aids is found.
Abi is it because many companies make a living out of the non-availability of the cure? Or the guaranteed buy by the underdeveloped nations?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Gogan naka sai kallo!!!
                             Making a living out of the non-availability of the cure of the monster killer, as well as guaranteed buying by the underdeveloped nations, are deals of the 21st century and real. It is through these immoral activities that, one day will be a day when monkey go go market and it will not return home!!! After all, who born that monkey and callam Joseph ? No be im mama?
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

Fateez

I was excited when I heard about this drug last year but now I'm not too sure anymore.

I don't mean to sound cynical but wasn't this the same kind of excitement that happened

when the initial Protease Inhibitors were synthesized? Everyone thought Saquinavir was

the answer to everything and now just a decade and a half later the virus is resistant.

I know they say this one requires multiple mutations but they also thought initially that

saquinavir was invincible.

AntiHIV drug research frustrates me a lot. We just seem to be going round and round in

circles. Since we know that there is the possibility drug resistance through HIV protease

mutation, why can't we find a new drug target? We should stop putting so much resources

into areas we know might fail and explore new possibilities. Has anyone even though of

targeting the assembly and release stage of the virion? I guess the best cure still remains

prevention but with Nigeria's health system...it's like climbing Everest!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

I believe we seem to have forgotten that the western world is not afraid of HIV AIDS anymore becos they have effectively found a suppressant drug that keeps the disease effectively at bay. So why cant we just take a leaf from Brazil and have the drug manufactured locally? and make the drug so available that HIV is not a death sentence anymore?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Fateez

I agree Husnaa. Countries that have AIDS as a huge burden should be at the forefront of ARV research!

Also, prevention needs to be stepped up. In Nigeria all I saw was avoid multiple partners and campaigns

to get people tested. What about prevention.

Let me tell you a shocking story about Nigeria's health system and how because of it, I lost my dearest

aunt last year. She fell sick and had to be rushed to a hospital as an emergency. They realized she had

typhoid and she needed a blood transfusion asap. This was not her normal hospital but since it was an

emergency, she didn't care! Do you know that the hospital gave her a container and told her to go and

fill it up with blood and bring it back to the hospital to infuse it? Anyways, a cousin volunteered to give

her the blood in the hospital but they had exposed his blood to the air. In a few months she had Hepatitis B!

How on earth did a previously healthy, vaccinated woman get the Hepatitis B virus? She got it from the

hospital! I said we should sue but the family decided to let it go, sun bar wa Allah. It's really hard for me!

If I can forgive them for murdering my aunt; I can't forgive them for the innocent lives that may find

themselves in the same position in the future. That hospital is just wrong on so many levels! With institutions

like this why won't AIDS be spreading in Nigeria?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Dan-Borno

very tourching story you have aunty fatee, ke kam our nigerian hospitals
has already been branded as "dead traps" by a famous nigerian weekly
magazine.  last month, my old man was not feeling fyn and i suggested we
take him to Teaching Hospital (wai centre of excellence) but the old man
sai nah, no way, i better die on my bed than to die on hospital bed, because
we all know well what is happening in our hospitals.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Fateez

Quote from: Dan-Borno on June 03, 2009, 08:09:03 PM
very tourching story you have aunty fatee, ke kam our nigerian hospitals
has already been branded as "dead traps" by a famous nigerian weekly
magazine.  last month, my old man was not feeling fyn and i suggested we
take him to Teaching Hospital (wai centre of excellence) but the old man
sai nah, no way, i better die on my bed than to die on hospital bed, because
we all know well what is happening in our hospitals.

Dan Borno, again, I'm sorry for your loss. I just read this post and I realised. Allah ya gafarta mai.

It's really disheartening this health system of ours. I keep wondering if it's a case of misplaced priorities

or just plain disregard for the sanctity of a life. I'm very curious to know how the hospitals are regulated

on a national and state level. I'm beginning to understand why more and more people opt for Maganin gargajiya.

gogannaka

Hmm,
Have you even heard the latest?
The doctors are on strike again.
This frequent strike by doctors is very annoying.
If PHCN workers cannot go on strike why will public doctors be allowed to go on strike?
As a result of the strike do they know how many people will die?
In Gombe the heartless doctors discharged all patients,including those on emergency and shut down the hospital.
How heartless,over some salary issue.
If they don't like working for government let them go to the private hospitals rather than make the poor people suffer.

I was embarrassed when i saw the national assembly debating over the recent deaths at the national hospital abuja.
Is it because their families seek medical advice at that hospital?
What of all the other hospitals across the nation where people die for lack of attention? No it is only abuja that matters.
Hisssss
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment