News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SHAME! Pastor who committed Adultery Hangs himself another Pastor jailed 60 year

Started by Dan-Borno, February 16, 2007, 01:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

SHAME! Pastor who committed Adultery
with many of his members, Hangs himself.
Another Jailed 60 years for Fraud:

NATIONAL Mirror
Thursday February, 15th 2007
Page 4

Wonders never end!, if a religious icon can commit such atrocities, what about his followers?  We need a thorough government intervention in all our religious activities (Islam and Christianity).  This lack of government intervention led to the growth of so many religious sects in Nigeria - remembering with nostalgia the acitivities of Maitatsine.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Govenment intervention, huh? I don't know what my brother here means. Can you please even a bit describe it in few words?
And again, how do you look at Maitastine? A religious leader?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Muhsin on February 21, 2007, 10:44:51 AM
Govenment intervention, huh?

Yes Government intervention, i mean participation in all religious activities e.g. in some States a whole Ministry of Religious Affairs is created to take care of issues like this one. 

Quote from: Muhsin on February 21, 2007, 10:44:51 AM
....how do you look at Maitastine? A religious leader?

Yes, he was a religious leader and uptill date their exist a leader for the Maitasines.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Oya!! Where is Ete? I havent seen you making any contributions to this particular thread. This is specifically as per for yr information and consumption please!! ;D ;D
Tit Fer Tat eh DB? :P
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dave McEwan Hill

I was in Kano during the Maitasine riots. I had to drive past the dead bodies murdered by him and his crazed followers.
Religious leader? Don't make me laugh!

NewEte

Lol Husnaa, I was going to comment now.....I just wanted to finish eating fufu.
When I first read the story about this pastor, I couldn't help laughing. However, this isn't a laughing matter beacuase this crazy man's actions caused people their lives. You know mayne there is voodoo involved here or some kind of hypnotic spell, but the description of events that occured in that 'church' or in that pastor's home defies common sense. I think a female witness testified during trial that she used to serve the pastor while naked.  Others testified that they used to have orgies with the pastor. I mean this is all madness. This is what religion without reason does to people. It robs them of an independent mindset to question things. I have read the Bible, and I know what it says about adultery, fornication, temptation, or even the appearance of impropriety. So for a group of people who consider themselves christians not to see the red flag with this pastor is something that should be very troubling to society. I say this because the only time events like this catch public attention is when tragedy strikes suddenly.
I am sure these are not isolated cases, but it should be taken seriously because people are being hypnotized  by false, pastors, apostles, charmers, etc , then abused in many ways.

I was in Lagos six months ago, and everyone flocked to church almost every day of the week. I am not saying people shouldn't worship as they see fit, but I think poverty and hopelessness drives people in Nigeria to do just about anything. Sometimes, I cannot blame the gullible folks. The situation can be so hopeless that people would believe anything that sounds like hope. The government too ought to blamed here.  I mean look at condition of the country. Nothing, not even the simplest things can be obtained with ease. There is harship, unemployment is at an all time high, and if people have jobs, they can barely sustain themselve because of cronic inflation.  Forget things like health care. People get seriously sick, becuase they cannot afford the lousy medical attention anyway, they self medicate and pray.  Look when conditions are like this, it is very easy to brainwash and manipulate people.

Honestly, if I was senior leader in some of those Nigerian churches, I would push for church ownership of businesses. For instance,  use that collection money to puchase farm lands, and employ the unemployed church members to work on it and pay them. Begin a poulty business or open a factory and employ the church members and run a business. Given the way Nigeria is, they need to start thinking along these lines, and not just collect money every sunday and wednesday. They should put the people's money to good use and not just building huge buildings for nothing.

So that's what I think Husnna. I think if churches were to go this route, they might actually make a biggger difference in people's lives and the community as a whole.

alkanawi

Quote from: Dave McEwan Hill on February 22, 2007, 10:40:07 PM
I was in Kano during the Maitasine riots. I had to drive past the dead bodies murdered by him and his crazed followers.
Religious leader? Don't make me laugh!
Yeah Dave from the stories we are hearing, that pervert was a cult leader plain and square

Quote from: NewEte on February 23, 2007, 12:14:56 AM
I think if churches were to go this route, they might actually make a biggger difference in people's lives......
or the pastor's pocket lol
what do you think about "giving unto caeser........
"corgito ergo sum"

Dan-Borno

Quote from: NewEte on February 23, 2007, 12:14:56 AM
You know mayne there is voodoo involved here or some kind of hypnotic spell, but the description of events that occured in that 'church' or in that pastor's home defies common sense.

If you compare this statement of Ete and that of mine in  the beginning of this thread:

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 21, 2007, 11:11:30 AM
Yes Government intervention, i mean participation in all religious activities

You will come to agree with me that the intervention of Government is inevitable, else, these problems will continue escalating in different faces.