News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Word Translation

Started by Muhsin, November 24, 2006, 03:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Muhsin"Yana (which spiders make)

WEB

Quote from: "Muhsin"Makara(not coffin. This one if for Christians))

Well if its not COFFIN then its STRETCHER (ko kuwa?)

Quote from: "Muhsin"Lkkafani (has this a name rather than ordinary one-yard?)))

SHROUD

Quote from: "Muhsin"tuwo (we eat everyday in th night))

DUMPLINGS OR PUDDINGS?

Quote from: "Muhsin"banbarma (which for intance hypocrite does)))

What in the name of God is Banbarma? Kindly elaborate and thanks for bringing it to our notice. I didnt know of it before. Now I do and it has enriched my Hausa vocab :)  I will take a guess since u said its what a hypocrite does... TWO FACED.

Quote from: "Muhsin"jan-wuya (like thugs behavior)
etc
HOOLIGANISM???
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Banbarma. Not only hypocrite does it but also reasonable people sometimes. E.g Some preachers, islamic ones I mean, don't completely feel afraid of saying anything in public. Such includes telling truth about people of high rank in government, emirate council etc. Thus, when he comes doing things like that, this's whats call banbarma. e.g Late Malam Lawal Kalarawi.
And things like that....Yet unsatisfied? I'll elaborate more when I came back. Hold on and thanks for your contribution above. I like it!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Banbarma tana nufin mutum ya fadi abu a inda ake ganin bai kamata ba, ko da gaskiye ne. Something like being tactless.

HUSNAA

Thanks BK. I wasnt completely sure how to tackle that explanation by Muhsin. He said hypocrites then he comes and says even preachers did that and I was like  :? .
 So u've answered Banbarma. Tactlessness.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Talking about writing I'm on chapter 12 of a novel I'm trying to write about Kano - though it's through the eyes of an expatriate obviously.
I've actually been writing it off and on for years but I've decided I have to make the effort to finish it.
I wouldn't recommend it to Waziri however. Too much jigi-jigi  
maigemu

HUSNAA

What is jigi jigi?? never heard of that word Dave... :shock:

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I believe it is a word adopted from slang Italian by some in the South of Nigeria to describe an energetic physical activity (I'll let you guess what that might be).  I heard the word used often in the taverns of the Sabon Gari in Kano twenty years ago.
maigemu

dan kauye

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"I believe it is a word adopted from slang Italian by some in the South of Nigeria to describe an energetic physical activity (I'll let you guess what that might be).  I heard the word used often in the taverns of the Sabon Gari in Kano twenty years ago.

Perhaps just a co-incidence.I just discovered that my name means ''Handsome'' in Italian,''great'' in Greek and ''Cursed'' in Turkish.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

precious

Jigi Jigi.Hmmn.
Reminds me of a song I knew a long time ago:
"Oh my darling,when I think of you my heart e make jigi jigi liki railuway.
Oh my sweetheart when I think of you,my heart e make meeoow like a pussy cat."

HUSNAA

Quote from: "dan kauye"Perhaps just a co-incidence.I just discovered that my name means ''Handsome'' in Italian,''great'' in Greek and ''Cursed'' in Turkish.
You mean 'Infantry Horn Nuts?' or 'Dan Kauye?' :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "Precious"Jigi Jigi.Hmmn.
Oh my sweetheart when I think of you,my heart e make meeoow like a girl thingy cat.".
Lol what a lover!!! :lol:  :lol:

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I was confused by the last little poem. Then I realised that "p ussy" has unfortunate connotations in US which don't allow it through the filter so we get "thingy cat" instead .
A bit silly really.
maigemu

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "HUSNAA"
Quote from: "dan kauye"Perhaps just a co-incidence.I just discovered that my name means ''Handsome'' in Italian,''great'' in Greek and ''Cursed'' in Turkish.
You mean 'Infantry Horn Nuts?' or 'Dan Kauye?' :lol:  :lol:

Lol.LOlzzzzzzzzz Teaser. I was wondering too.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"I was confused by the last little poem. Then I realised that "p ussy" has unfortunate connotations in US which don't allow it through the filter so we get "thingy cat" instead .
A bit silly really.

lol U dont give up do u Dave?   :shock: I thought u might cool it a bit after that angry thread up at General Board. Its almost as if u like riling some ppl up and being tongue in cheek... :shock:

dan kauye

Quote from: "HUSNAA"You mean 'Infantry Horn Nuts?' or 'Dan Kauye?' :lol:  :lol:

'Dan-Kauye' is the online persona.'Trouble',apparently  his new fave is an  alter-ego or a psydonym,if you will .The real person is no where near the internet.Nice try though. :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "precious"Jigi Jigi.Hmmn.
Oh my sweetheart when I think of you,my heart e make meeoow like a girl thingy cat."

Miss ya alot ,precious one.How ya been? :D
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

precious

I'm good,Kauyus,I'm good.
But I miss the old you.Now you are more like your one time abokin fada,the troublesome SaSalati.
Gimme back the old cool and funny dan kauye.
Please.