News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

BRAIN STORMING!

Started by mlbash, August 17, 2004, 03:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

naga alama abokina kwanannan zamu sama ma aikin yi a karkarar ku ka rika koyar da harshan hausa. domin kuwa ko banza ka daina sa ido!
:lol:
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Fateez

A very simple one;

I am sumtin da more i work the slimmer i grow and my

brother; the more he works the shorter he grows. Wat r we?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

mlbash

Quote from: "Fateez"A very simple one;

I am sumtin da more i work the slimmer i grow and my

brother; the more he works the shorter he grows. Wat r we?

UHM..................WHAT A FAMILY!  :lol:

dan kauye

kai dai kawai kace baka san ansa ba kamar yadda ban sani ba(lol)
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

mlbash

Quote from: "dan kauye"kai dai kawai kace baka san ansa ba kamar yadda ban sani ba(lol)

THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US ; GASKIYA BAN SANI BA. FATEEZ BETTER COME TO THE RESCUE! :lol:

Fateez

Quote from: "mlbash"
Quote from: "dan kauye"kai dai kawai kace baka san ansa ba kamar yadda ban sani ba(lol)

THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US ; GASKIYA BAN SANI BA. FATEEZ BETTER COME TO THE RESCUE! :lol:

oky u guys didnt even guess! oh well..

da 1st brother is soap {da more u wash wit it da slimmer it becomz

and his bro is a candle, {da more it shinez da shorter it becomz}

and well they r scientifically brothers,  kapish?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Muawiya

Ga wasu ku fassara da hausa izuwa turanci and vice versa:

Consequence
Theory
Deep freezer
Answer
Ear drum
Koshiya
Ludayi
Maraba Tsaki

dan kauye

ludayi..ladle/spatula
ear drum..dodon kunne
answer..amsa
i dunno d rest..whuts koshiya?
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

mlbash

Quote from: "dan kauye"ludayi..ladle/spatula
ear drum..dodon kunne
answer..amsa
i dunno d rest..whuts koshiya?

HABA ABOKINA KAR KABANI KUNYA, ZAMU FASA NEMA MA AIKIN KOYARWAR FA!

mlbash

GUESTESS

OK guys,there are really some brainiacs in here, the scientific riddles are some skull crackers.you guys did really well in those,but some frustrations though concerning the linguistic's lets turn it up a notch ! because most of the translations you guys provided are merely just adoptation : EXAMPLES below :

1-obvious= bayyananne= zahiri: both words are not hausa rather adopted from the Arabic language, bayyananne is slightly altered from the arabic word "bayan" meaning : explanation or elaboration
zahiri : this one is not even manipulated its adopted in its original format "zahirun" meaning "apparent"an adj. of the verb "zahara" which translates as "appear", "expose" or "manifest"

2-science & tech.= kimiyya & fasaha , are both arabic words the former meaning "science" and the latter "adeptness" or proficient"

3-space= sararin samaniya: "sararin" might be a hausa word ( i'll further investigate) but sorry "samaniya" dosent cut it either because its also an arabic word an adj. sourced from "sama'a" which translates as the "sky" "space" "heavens" original context "samawiyya " an adj. relating to all things that hover above or orbit, and "sararin" alone does not say anything about the space

4-bicycle=laulawa, also an arabic verb merely explaining the function of any man-opreted machinery such as bicycle

kerosine=brahuni, i strongly suspect this word to be of Persian origin adopted by the arabs in the 7-8 (i'll probe further )

6-Answer= amsa: Duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get it ?

anyways ya'll im not tryina undermine ur efforts because they are far much more than i can do, but lets try to isolate the Hausa language of all foreign intrusion and see how profound is the hausa vocabulary. my suggestion is if the word is either borrowed or adopted we abandon it find a convinient synonym in the Hausa language and let the members vote on it's legitimacy. :wink:

Anonymous

i meant adopted by the arabs in the 7 - 8 century

mlbash

uhm! that's splendid! but your name is needed, sign fully and lets have a wonderful moments.

mlbash

' TAYI FARI TAI KORE' SHIN ME KE NAN?

mlbash

shin  menene jinsin wadannan;

talatalo

agwagwa

giwa

dan tayi

sai abamu jinsin su .