News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Let the Igbos have the presidency in 2007!

Started by alhaji_aminu, August 09, 2005, 03:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Waziri_

I think the point is clearly made. Just as there are enough bad people among the Hausa-Fulani their are also enough good people among the Igbo's. The issue is not with the tribe but the person. The race to Nigerian leadership has never at any moment in history been confined to any tribe in Nigeria. What is happening is akin to you may want to call survival of the fittest. There was no election that did not have an Igbo as one of the presidential aspirants. Please nobody ever stopped anybody from vying for the job of nigerian presidency. Amin do not fall into the propaganda. It has never been true please.

MK

The issues with Igbos in the politics of Nigeria is tied to history. The role played by the first coup plotters; Nzegwu Kaduna and Emmanual Efajuana and other Igbo officers leading to the elimination of our founding fathers and also the subsequent kind of leadership by Ironsi, another Igbo has put them at a suspicious position. For northerners and people from the remaining part of the country who follow history will understand what I mean. With this if u add Ojukwu's seccesion and the civil war, u will see the reason why it is difficult for them to get a hold on the presidency. Don't forget that still we have MOSSOB and things like that.

Largely their previous actions is contributing to the problem of them not been able to have a shot at the presidency
The greatest weapon is truth' -Sardauna 1966