News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The usage of sex toys

Started by bamalli, April 30, 2007, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

QUESTION

Is the usage of sex toys (i.e. replicas of men's & women's genitalia, etc.) between a man and his wife considered to be permissible? [1]

ANSWER by Shaykh Wasee Allaah 'Abbaas, lecturer at the Ka'bah, instructor at Umm Al-Quraa University in Makkah

The woman has no need for such a plastic device, so long as she has her husband with her, and I really do not understand exactly how such a thing would be "used" between spouses!

Anyway, it is not permissible for anyone to engage in sexual activity in other than the ways allowed in the Sharee'ah. Since it is not permissible for either of the two spouses to reach an orgasm using their own hand, so then how could such devices be permissible?!

The principle to be applied here is what is found in Allaah's Statement [2]:

( And those who guard their chastity well, except with their wives and their right hands' possessions (slaves), there is no blame upon them. And whoever seeks beyond that, then they are the transgressors. )

FOOTNOTES

[1] This was a difficult question to translate, and even after our translation of the question with additional details added, the shaykh was still not sure exactly what was being asked about! May Allaah reward him generously for his patience.

[2] the meaning of Soorah Ma'aarij (70):29-31