News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Ahadith about Dajjal and Portents of the Hour 2

Started by bamalli, August 16, 2007, 07:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

1816. Al-Mughirah bin Shu`bah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: No one asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) more about Dajjal than I asked him. He said to me, "He will not harm you.'' I said: "O Messenger of Allah, it is reported that he will have with him a mountain of bread and a river full of water.'' Thereupon he said, "He (Dajjal) is far too worthless and insignificant near Allah (to let him deceive the believers).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  The last part of the Hadith means that, although Dajjal will have great resources and methods of misleading people, the true believers will not be deceived by his tricks; on the contrary, they will increase in Faith (as what the Prophet (PBUH) said about Dajjal is true).

1817. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There has not been a Prophet who has not warned his Ummah of that one-eyed liar (Dajjal). Behold, he is blind in one eye and your Rubb (Allah) is not blind. On his forehead are the letters: (K.F.R.) (meaning Kafir- disbeliever).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1818. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let me tell you something about Dajjal (the Antichrist) which no Prophet had told his people. He is blind (in one eye) and will bring with him something like Jannah and Hell; but what he calls Jannah will be in fact Hell.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1819. `Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: One day the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) mentioned Al-Masih Dajjal (the Antichrist) in the presence of the people and said, "Verily, Allah is not one-eyed but Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye which looks like a swollen grape.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary:  All these narrations about the mischief of Dajjal are correct and have been narrated through reliable narrators, and all scholars agree on their being true. They have been reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, whose narrations are unanimously accepted by the `Ulama'.

The second coming of the Prophet 'Isa (Jesus) from the heavens is proved on the basis of such reliable and true narrations that none can contradict them. Before the Day of Resurrection all these things will happen, and it is essential to believe in them.

Dajjal would be a descendant of the Jews, and he will be called Dajjal because of his mischief. The meaning of Dajjal is `one who greatly resorts to fraud and deception'.

Allah will also give him some extraordinary powers to test the belief of the Muslims. Dajjal will claim to be the lord of the world. A large portion of the Jews will be with him. He has also been named as Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal in some narrations. Jesus, son of Mary (Peace be upon them) will have the honour of killing him.

1820. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah(PBUH) said, "The Last Hour will not come until the Muslims fight against the Jews, until a Jew will hide himself behind a stone or a tree, and the stone or the tree will say: `O Muslim, there is a Jew behind me. Come and kill him,' but Al-Gharqad tree will not say so, for it is the tree of the Jews.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: Gharqad is a thorny plant which is well-known in the area of Palestine. Allah can bestow the power of speech to whatever thing He likes. When Allah wills, He will give mastery to the Muslims. He will help them even by means of plants and stones which will assist the Muslims against the Jews by informing them about the whereabouts of the Jews.

The Jews have predominance over the Muslims in spite of the fact that they are a minority. But according to this true narration, the situation will definitely change before the Day of Resurrection, and the Muslims will dominate the Jews. Allah is the Master and Rubb of everything.

1821. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, the world will not come to an end until a man passes by a grave and will lie over it saying, `Would that I were in this grave (i.e., dead)!' Not he will say so because of religious reasons but because of widespread mischief and severe trials of this world.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  There would be such disasters and agony in the world that people will prefer death to life under such conditions. This situation will arise before the Day of Resurrection, and the Day of Judgement will dawn on such wicked people.

1822. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Hour will not come to pass before the River Euphrates dries up to unveil the mountain of gold, for which people will fight. Ninety-nine out of one hundred will die (in the fighting) and every man amongst them will say: `Perhaps I may be the only one to remain alive.'''

Another narration is: "The time is near when the River Euphrates will dry up to unveil a treasure of gold. Whosoever may be alive at that time, should not take anything of it.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Commentary:  The word "Yahsir"  means unveil or uncover, i.e., the river will dry up and gold will be discovered underneath its bottom when Allah would like to do so. This will also surely take place before the Day of Judgement. When this incident will take place, only those people would remain safe who will be free from worldly greed and will not try to get this gold.

1823. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "People will desert Al-Madinah in spite of it being in better condition except for wild beasts and birds. The Last Hour will happen upon two shepherds of the tribe of Muzainah. They will enter Al-Madinah driving their sheep but will find it full of wild beasts and would turn away. When they will arrive at the hill named Thaniyyat-ul-Wada` they will fall on their faces.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  According to some scholars like Al-Qadi `Iyad, this prophecy has already been fulfilled, when the caliphate was shifted from Al-Madinah to Syria and Mesopotamia, although Al-Madinah was superior to these places in every way, worldly or otherwise, scholars were in abundance and the people were well off. However, others say that the prophecy has not been fulfilled yet, and that it will be fulfilled shortly before the Day of Judgement; they hold this view because the conditions described in the narration have not taken place. This second view seems to be more correct.

1824. Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "From your caliphs there will be one in the Last Days who will distribute wealth without counting it.''
[Muslim].

Commentary:  Here the abundance of wealth during the time of a caliph has been prophesied. This also refers to the last days of the world.

1825. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "A time will come when a man will go about with alms from his gold and will not find anyone to receive it. One man will be seen being followed by forty women dependant upon him on account of the scarcity of men and excess of women.''
[Muslim].

Commentary:  This Hadith also reveals one of the prophecies of the Prophet (PBUH) which have not been fulfilled yet. One of them is that wealth will be abundant and females will greatly exceed the males in number. This may happen due to wars, when more males will be killed, or the birth rate of females may exceed that of the males.

1826. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "A man bought a piece of land from another man, and the buyer found a jar filled with gold in the land. The buyer said to the seller: `Take your gold, as I bought only the land from you and not the gold.' The owner of the land said: `I sold you the land with everything in it.' So both of them took their case before a third man who asked: `Have you any children?' One of them said: `I have a boy.' The other said, `I have a girl.' The man said: `Marry the girl to the boy and spend the money on them; and whatever remains give it in charity.'''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  This is the story of some people from the past, in which exemplary honesty, piety and the will to abstain from the doubtful property has been described. But as far as the law of Shari`ah is concerned, it appears that in the transaction of land, any buried treasure will not be included in the sale. It will be considered quite separately and apart from the sale of the land. If the previous owner says that the treasure belongs to him and he forgot to take it out, then it will be considered as his property and not the property of the buyer of the land. But if he shows ignorance about it, then it will be considered under the title of "Rikaz".  In such a case, one-fifth of it goes to the public treasury and the rest to the owner of the land. Rikaz refers to any buried treasure which is discovered in any land.

1827. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There were two women, each had her child with her. A wolf came and took away the child of one of them. One woman said to her companion: `The wolf has taken your son.' The other said: `It has taken your son.' So both of them took the dispute to Prophet Dawud (David) (PBUH) who judged that the boy should be given to the older lady. Then they went to Prophet Sulaiman (Solomon) (PBUH) son of Dawud and put the case before him. Prophet Sulaiman said: `Give me a knife so that I may cut the child into two and give one half to each of you.' The younger woman said: `Do not do so; may Allah bless you! He is her child.' On that Prophet Sulaiman decided the case in favour of the younger woman.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  Prophet Sulaiman (Solomon) (PBUH) went to the depth of the matter by wisdom bestowed by Allah and the power of decision using a device or a trick as a method of discovering the truth. He used this trick to discover the truth and not to evade it. Such a trick is not forbidden in the law and there is no doubt in its being permitted. However, those tricks which are used to avoid the law are a great sin for which the Jews are well-known. May Allah save us from such things.

1828. Mirdas Al-Aslami (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The pious men will depart one after another, the dregs of people, like the sediment of barley or dates will remain; Allah will not raise them in value and esteem.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: The Hadith shows that the demise of the pious people is one of the signs of the nearness of the Day of Resurrection. It also shows that during the last days near the Day of Resurrection, pious persons will not remain and only the wicked people will inhabit the earth and the Day of Judgement will dawn on such bad people.

1829. Rifa`ah bin Rafi` Az-Zuraqi (May Allah be pleased with him) said: Jibril (Gabriel) came to the Prophet (PBUH) and asked him: "How do you estimate among you those who participated in the battle of Badr?'' He replied, "They were the best of Muslims'' (or he may have said something similar to that). Jibril said: "The same is the case with the angels who were at Badr.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary:  The Hadith highlights the superiority of those Companions, as well those angels, who participated in the battle of Badr against the forces of Kufr. The Qur'an confirms the fact that the angels fought along with Muslims in this historic battle.

1830. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If Allah afflicts punishment upon a nation, it befalls the whole population indiscriminately and then they will be resurrected and judged according to their deeds.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  When Allah's punishment comes to pass, it does not distinguish between the upright and the wicked. However, the pious people will be saved from punishment after their death while the wicked ones will be punished in the Hell. May Allah save us from all types of punishments.