Hero and Heroism.

Started by Ibro2g, May 13, 2003, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibro2g

Hero and Heroism...[/color]

To every time and place, there have been people who are missing in the public but stand exraordinarilly at the end, proving what they really are and their exra essence in the community. There are people who are never known until when thier moment comes. These people are not from our fictions, fairy tales or movies, they were, are and will continue to be among us. The most noble of us.
            For the nobility and/or braveness of these people, we can term them heroes. But heroism is not just nobility or braveness, it includes fine characters that leads to victories, exraordinary determinations, wills and human inspirations that makes a glory towards the benefit or positive impact on humanity. And ofcause, those who will put to risk or even sacrifice their lives, wealth of some sort for the benefit of saving others...positivly.
           I have great passion for heros and heroism. Like King Arthur said "A night proves his worthiness by his deeds", heroes are of different levels and standards, depending on where and how their heroic characters are displayed.
            There are heroes of world class standards, these are heroes of humanity or of the earth... in general Gaya {Gaya is believed to be the spirit of the world, and all living things come from her, and every living thing on earth has a spirit of Gaya} Just an Asian belief. These heroes are absent in our times... or maybe asleep. These were mostly heroes of faith. These include Moses, Jesus and Mohammed (peace be on them all). They were humanitarian heroes as well as earthly heroes. I want to also include Jimmy Carter, the 36th president of the US.
           And another class is made up of those who save the people, by their regions and/or the prides of the region. These include Nelson Mandela... a national and African hero, anti-slavery, pro-democracy pro-human rights.
           Then ofcause, we have national heroes, like in Nigeria we will consider sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Awolowo, ZIK, Ahmadu Bello etc. These are people who in their individual blessings and nobility have strived to see pro-developement for the federal republic of Nigeria. They faced numerous oppositions, but we still today enjoy the freedom they have brought to us.
          Local heroes are the heroes of a community, who in one way or the other have acquired heroism by promoting the community, or saving it from a havoc or mayhem...or even saving a life. I don't know much of these people, but I have seen some who volunteerily helped their community. Like one man I know who is helping a small comunity in Katsina take care of malria by erradicating mosquitos and their breathing sites, that is heroic to the community.
            There are heroes in a family, but I dont consider them heroes, its more like a responsibility although not a tight one. I'd say its just being kind of them. But I think I have a family hero: My sister Ameenah has been my best friend at home, not just to me but the entiire family, strives very hard to uphold the family pride and I really admire her courage and actions. Now if that isn't heroic then nothing is.
           My greatest hero has been the prophet Mohammad. He was everything in life, and has ben to both ends, the roughest and the best. From a poor shepard to a merchant and eventually a King. From the orphan child to the father, wife and brother of humanity. He past through every stage of life and had the most optimum results. His life was the greatest example set and w can only die trying to be like him. And what he left behind... the greatest message that could only be the saviour of humanity. Yet my favorite hero remains to be...me. This part sounds funny, but I have been a great help to myself. I know I owe myself the responsibility, and even when I inspire people I fail to inspire myself, yet I find a surviving heart somewhere within me. The difficulties I have been trough are outrageous yet I cling to the rope, I hanged on...I live, so even if I'm no ones hero...I am my own hero ;D.

My point: Everyone is a hero, we just dont give ourself much of a chance yet it comes. And if you deny yourself that attribute, then you might never be because you pin down your spirit and esteem, and lack the courage and pride to be one. But everyone is a hero...and your moments are coming.

Now I dont know where to put this, in the general board or the chit-chat...but I guess I should put it on the chit chat because I'd like you all to put down a list or a name of heroes you know and what they have done to deserve it, not necessarily someone we know, but someone who has prooved his worthiness in anyway, towards the promotion of his people, society, nation or even humanity. We might not know them, but you can let us know them now and cherish and put them up among their worth.
[/i]
Safety and Peace

Anonymous

YOU ARE A HERO FOR WRITING THIS. I ADMIRE YOUR TALENT

ummita

QuoteHero and Heroism...[/color]
i hanged on...I live, so even if I'm no ones hero...I am my own hero ;D.

Hell yah Ibro u r a hero farreal. What u hav written up there iz wat makes you, but a true hero. In yrs 2 cum u will live on and b trully a legend who has lead a legendary lyf inshallah.......... Wat makes a true hero is a man of the right mental capacity with integrity. K-onlyn need us a hero which amogsnt them u b'cum 1 of em. What makes a hero is a man who walks down mean streets, a man who must go and who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. I guess u qualify 2 b classfied in that category.

But kan I say sum'en....errr Heroing is one of d most shotest-lived professions in life. As d sayin goes show me a hero & I will write u a tragedy.......Wat hav bcum of our heros now....
1. d hero who went 2 kill a snake in a Katsina river as I heard he was a hero but later.........
2. Prophet Hamza died as a hero
3. Martin Luther king :-/
4. Even Romeo & Juliet were heros in luv but it ended as a tragedy.......... :-/(but heck! am glad they ended u that way) Ina Bilya?

Anyways Ibro that shud not scare u, or any one who wants 2 b a hero...... :P It was juss me & ma fair reasonings :-/

Ma true hero, ma one & only true hero, & of course d cutest guy in d whole universe, its so obvious I luv his ribs..........a true hero MAHATMA GHANDI fur real.......... :-*

Gud lurddddd true hero!!! PROPHET MUHAMMAD (S.A.W) no one compares 2 him, none @ all

? ? ? ? ?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Waziri

I love this Ibro, it reminds me  of a book titled: Hero and Hero- worship and the  Heroics in History, by a certain British philosoper Thomas Carlyle.

Tis really an interesting essay you  have  there. How I wish you will sit down and think and think, phrase and rephrase your thinking for atleast one month. I am  pretty sure you will come-up with something impressive.. I  mean something you can add to the catalogue of your great intellectual  works. Tis really an interesting essay. Ibro you have my respect.

NOTE:

I prefer  you move it unto the general board.

Nas

This is Brilliant Ibro. Keep up the good work!
m a man of ma own words

Ibro2g

Thanks Waz, I've heard about the book too, I hope I get to read it. I'll put him too as a hero for recognition of the truth. And honestly, all my writeups are done in a day, infact one moment...I'm not sure I can pick this up.

Nas, Ummitah and Dark Angel...thanks!
Safety and Peace

Ibro2g

come on guys, I know u gotta know some heroes wherew eva u are...just gve us thier names and attribs.

ama b waiting
Safety and Peace

Bashir

heroes? wd u choose peace n happiness while alive or renown after death?