News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

For the attention of the Webmaster and All

Started by Waziri, October 04, 2003, 02:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waziri

Sir,

I made a post here on the 10/02/03 at 16:10:36 under the Topic: Jews and Muslims which was started by my humble self  on: 09/30/03 at 11:16:56 .

In the post  I quoted wholesale from a Jewish soldier under the name Danny Ben-tal as reported in a South African Magazine (details in the post).

However, I noticed yesterday that the content of that post was altered. I am very sure of what I have written, I used a laptop which is under my custody at the present to do that post living no chance from my end here for any body to tamper with the content of my posts.

I also observed that there is no sign whatsoever on the board indicating whether the post was edited and when it was edited.

This clearly shows that there is something wrong somewhere, either from the security system of the website or the people hosting the site.

I can really understand that the issue under examination in the post is a very serious and sensitive one and attracts interest of many groups across the globe including professional hackers of the day. But yet I feel the webmaster can try his  possible best to ensure further the security of this system. That we may be able to continue to guard our identity and integrity.

I find it necessary to lodge in my complaint, because I perceive it is easy for some bereaved to make a nasty post in my identity.

Although in this present world telling the truth is becoming more difficult, but nevertheless it is a task we have taken to ourselves; ready to mortgage our precious lives in its pursuits.

The details of the damager are found below. I remain most grateful.

Original

WE ALL KNOW WHAT TO DO, BEHAVING FIRMLY BUT YET POLITELY, AS THE SITUATION DEMANDS. AND SOMETIMES THE SITUATIONS DEMANDS US TO BE S-O-N-S-OF-B-I-T-C-H-E-S.

altered as it is at the present:

WE ALL KNOW WHAT TO DO, BEHAVING FIRMLY BUT YET POLITELY, AS THE SITUATION DEMANDS. AND SOMETIMES THE SITUATIONS DEMANDS US TO BE SONS-OF-pregnant-DogES.

admin

Assalamu alaikum;
Waziri,

In this case at least, it is the Forum program that did this... not any person and this is because the original word used is considered very offensive in some cultures especially in the U.S. so the program took the liberty of changing or substituting it with that other praise.

Sorry of any inconvenience caused...
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Jack_Fulcher

Well, this is an interesting word in America.  It all depends on how it is used.  If you call a woman a b**ch directly it is offensive to her, and she might punch you in the eye.  Among the black people here, it is often used as a somewhat rude form of address, like "Hey b**ch, turn that music down."  

Referring to someone as a son-of-a-b**ch, as Mr. Waziri did, is a perfectly acceptable note of derision, and really doesn't say anything about a woman.  Surprisingly, it is not the same as saying that "Your mother's a b**ch!"  Also, we say that something is a "b**ch" if it is difficult or troublesome, like "That exam was a b**ch!"  Women use this term as much as men.

The original meaning, a female dog or some other carniverous animal, is still widely used here, and can be heard at dog shows or seen used on Animal Planet, if you get such a show there.

On the other hand, Dave has made the excellent point that Americans don't really speak English, so I have no idea whether it offends elsewhere.

I wonder if the nice admin folks have fixed the problem we were having using apostrophes and quotation marks.  I guess this post will answer this question.

Jack

ummita

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!