ICT Education

Started by Abdulmalik yusuf, November 05, 2004, 05:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdulmalik yusuf

:idea: Nigeria is lagging behind the world in ICT.The north is worse off.The world of ICT is waiting for Nigerian programmers, hardware and software gurus.The north is capable of providing all of these and more. At least i know that a Nigerian has made an earth shaking  discovery that has now rendered science text books useless.That man is a prince of the Igala Royal house and he is in the faraway USA.
Governments of the North, it is time you wake up,take this jewel and use him appropriately. Saminu Turaki of Jigawa should not relent on his efforts in establishing a University of ICT .

amsaeedzrx

Well done Mal Abdul! You have really thought well and I believe you are wishing well for the Northerners. I believe that you are more likely to be disappointed due to the low level of achievement motivation of the people at the helm of affairs. However as you have rightly pointed out people like Saminu Turaki have really set pace, but we need to ask some question, thus: should the programme be a sustainable one after his tenure?; Does the state has enough personnel to train or handle such programme?

Nagode!
:(

abdulmalik yusuf

:idea:
That jewel is DR OYIBO. He is on a month's visit to Nigeria.
The Federal govt has established an international trainning centre in Abuja.continuity can come in the form of capacity building along the lines of personnel,infrstructure and continuous use of facilities.
The states in the North must have a first serve of Oyibo because he belongs first &foremost to the north,and the Digital Bridge Institute because it is placed on its laps.
As for refusal to continue, posterity will deal with those who defraud people. Let the Saminu Turakis of this world just establish the schools.

aminu s.

Haba Abdul! do you think our govt. is going to pay attention on this issue?
:shock:

Anonymous

abdulmalik yusuf I totally gotta agree with you.