News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ARTIFIFIAL INTELLIGENCE

Started by Anonymous, October 31, 2002, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

?Know ye not Man, seek ye Knowledge?

Myriad millennia have passed us at the stream of knowledge

Vulnerable we are yet, amid the bulk of our knowledge

Where does lie the assumed peace acclaimed in knowledge

Where is the pride in knowing when we cannot exhaust knowledge?

Why must we know?

Who then is the ignorant?

When we will always be haunted by that craving desire to know more

That desire to know again is always at the trail of our knowledge

The more we know the more we realize that there is much to know

?Know ye not Man seek ye knowledge?

Until you can fall helpless at the footings of the providence

? I. A. Waziri, 1999

Anonymous

This one is purely philosophical. But I think we should make the P in the providence to stand as a capital letter, and also eliminate the the that came before it. Yes, we can have a very good poem there.

Ibro2g

u`ve really got talents man. I`d say you`d make alotta big impressions out here. stay cool
Safety and Peace

Fulanizzle

Waziri is mighty tallented ay...infact blessed
)

Waziri

Mr. Man, Ibro, Fulanicious thank you for the comments.

Actually the poem is supposed to be a reply to STEPHEN HAWKINGS, remember the accomplished physicist? He was some years back known as the occupant of Sir Isaac Newton's sit. In his book A Brief History of Time, published in 1988 says in the introductory part of the book.

?Today we still yearn to know why we are here and where we come from. Humanity?s deepest desire for knowledge is justification enough for our continuing quest. And our goal is nothing less than a complete description of the universe we live in.?

In the conclusionary part of the book, he says; ?however, if we do discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable in broad principle by every one not just a few scientist. Then we shall all philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why is it that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of reason ? for then we would know the mind of God.?

I just dunno but something somewhere kept telling me that Hawkings made a mistake I kept harbouring the thought until when the muse kicked:

I believe the history of man has been the history of his endless quest for knowledge, thus the history of his search for God. And the truth is, he will never find God or explain God fully but he will be met with the unavoidable alternative of resigning to God totally at the end of the day.

this in concordance with Qur'anic truth

? Soon shall we show them our signs,
In their horizons, and their own souls,
Until it becomes manifest to them
That this (message of God)
Is the truth?.?
                       Qur?an (41:53)

Also

?Nay are signs self evident (O Muhammad)
In the heart of those endowed with knowledge
And none shall reject our signs but those who
Are unjust to themselves?
                             Qur?an.

?Know ye not Man seek ye Knowledge?
Until you can fall helpless at the footings of Providence.