News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

History

Started by al_hamza, December 10, 2003, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

This thread is in sorts a microcosm of Nigeria's problem: never learning it's lesson, and continually returning to its vomit.  >:( I would love to believe that we are capable of producing much better statesmen in this country.  But that will never happen until we rid ourselves of ethnic bias!

Eskimo

HEY ADMIN WATCH OUT!!! DONT BE BIASED!!!

Rest of you are wasting your time condenming or praising Abacha.

I do not LIKE or HATE him. Why should I?

As far as I am concerned He failed woefully like all other Nigerian Leaders (Obasanjo, Babangida, Buhari and the rest). He and other thieves are not worth any memory in history.

color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

DanBanza

Admin, you of all people shouldnt be asking for evidence of the accusations made by any of us against Abacha. Really, his terror is well documented. And let me say that this should have nothing to do with ethnicity.

As a couple of enlightened folks have said, Nigeria is one. It is really sad that most of us here who should be representing the new generation of Nigerians seek to forget the truths about what that dictator did. Its fascinating to see that some still put that cruel and inhumane mistake of a human being high up on a pedestal. A lot of chaps are ready to say honesty and truth are the keys to personal enlightenment but its obvious that some adhere painfully to ethnic lines. We have never had a proper statesman since independence but I'd rather go through IBB and co than have Abacha back in the hotseat.

What is one thing that Abacha has done to benefit Nigeria? Nigeria was a pariah state during Abachas time... No one could say anything untoward about him. Saro Wiwa is a classic example of Abachas brutality. Admin, I implore you to seek out any information that paints that cretin in any other light than being the devils surrogate. They say dont speak ill of the dead but we can make an exception in that mans case. This world is an immensely better place without him!

Bashir

ummita

Quoteummita, i wasnt a good muslim at that time,
and is it a hobby to pick on people? or were u born like that?
or is it that you like arguing with me? ?;)

Salamz Al-hamza............u werent a gud muslim bck den :o u werent...........oh this is juss gettin better...........is gud 2 repent & cum clean(she laffs)............ok! on a serious note 2 ansa ur question, my ansa is ALL OF D ABOVE but here this, honestly I wont pick on u, seriously....2 pick on u is juss a violation of my time management but wen we all jokin, we joke around! but in serious circumstances I do not joke but state d fact & d fact still remains drawin humans is not permissable in Islam..........u cant put life in2 it can u? :P :-/ U r d best brother I eva had :P Peaceeeeeeee(she laffs)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

QuoteAs the Administrator of this forum, I will like to remind all our members new and old about the fact that this site and forum will not tolerate abusive words and attacks on anybody without any fact to back the attack up.

2 ask a question in point of ur fact oga admin,: So it's ok 2 attack a member if they hav any fact 2 bck up their attack? :-/ I taut attackin, wat eva d circumstances myt b shud not b allowed & neither shud u encourage members 2 indulge in such an act.........!!!!!! Ofcourse abusive language is something that shud b regarded offensive & ppl shud avoid behaviours that cud b termed as unreasonable..........& attack is quite unreasonable but we can du it if we hav facts koh? Wat I know it ur website is so good that every member has a good behaviour & we hardly attack or abuse......with d xception of...............who was it der yayi zagin sef? ::)

On d other hand, Kan I please, please, please ATTACK brother Al-hamza, cuz he has been teasing & pickin on me & I know he dislikes ...........but den......hmmmm aint there nothin u can du :P
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Hafsy_Lady

What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

FOR ABACHA YOU GUYS SHOULD LET THE MAN BE, EVEN WHEN HE IS DEAD YOU GUYS ARE STILL EATING HIS MEET. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAD THAT WHEN WE TALK ABOUT DECEASED PPL THEY ARE ACTUALLY BEING WOKEN UP IN THEIR GRAVES TO HEAR HOW PPL TALK ABOUT THEM? NOW IMAGINE ABACHA (RIP) BEING WOKEN UP MANY ATTIMES AND HOW YA'ALL TALK ILL ABOUT THIS MAN. WHAT HAS BEEN DONE HAS BEEN DONE SO LET BY GONE BE BYGONE. HABA!!! JAMA'A DUK DA YA RASUNMMA BAZU KU KYALESHI BA :o WANNAN AI SHINE "NABI MAMACI KABARI KARBAN BASHI"
What you see is what you get[/b]

zezezee

I think we shudnt talk about the deceased.......May his soul rest in perfect peace. At least he died a muslim n he loved Nigeria.
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

Bashir

for those liking abacha. if a million flies say sh*t is sweet, wd u expect man to eat it?

Ibro2g

Hafcy, its not a matter of following a man to his grave, its a matter of bringing up the honour we know about that man.
In every administration, people die, people get killed. Be it the government, be it nature. It has always been happening. But take a look back at Abacha's days and shun any prejudices. National security and even security at the streets was at its maximum during his time. The famous Area boys of Lagos, the most dangerous city in Nigeria were disarmed and given real "Jobs" people. And u might remember Marwa's Operation sweep, which was the reawakening of Nigerian police force, and other state governments followed suite. There was no need for keep-Nigeria-clean boards, because the nation was disciplined enough to keep it. His days (before '99) was the time Abuja was the cleanest compared with the Junk yard we have today as the F.C.T. Cleaned only when international confrences will hold. Abacha introduced the P.T.F and increased N4 per litre to the fuel price, which everyone in this country will acknoledge its endless dividents, if not blinded by prejudice. Till the end of his regime, their has not been anymore fuel price hike, Or even those endless fuel cues. Nepa wouldnt dare take power for as long as they do now, atleast not in the major cities. Today the F.C.T. is praying for power. Education; There wasnt those endless strikes from the universities, and its not like they werent paid.
   Danbanza Dare ask what Abacha has done for Nigeria? Nigerias inflation rate was at maximum of 23% during his time, and even went as low as 4% at a time. Thats a national record. Today Nigerias inflation rate is way over 80%. The Naira was N44 to a USdollar in his glorios days, after his death, Abubakar Abdussalami managed to get it to N85 despite such "short notice" and today, congratulations its about N145 to a USdollar and the British Pound has almost double that.
      And remember when Nigeria was sanctioned! because he wouldnt let IMF or the commonwealth make slaves out of us again, was that heroic or what. And today, I'm a living proof sanctions dont work. We lacked nothing.
     Lionger my friend, If Nigeria could bring in a better statesman, couldnt she have after 43years?
       You talking about looting, Yes he did, but who didnt? Its the Nigerian thing. Besides Abubakar took far too much money than Abacha ever did .Go take a look at our foreign reserve '98 and '99. Or would you rather compare him with the present administration which has taken about two or even three of our budgets?
   I remember his brutality to the brutal, his wickedness to the wicked, and no government in the world will have its media criticize it not even the U.S and dont mention Britain. Bet mi Eskimo, all our past heroes have been judged by relativity and direction. By relativity, Abacha is a legendary Hero, his direction was "Dictatorship" which is what Nigeria needs now. What Nigeria still needs is a dictator with a good focus. Abacha was that man with much more ambition, his solidarity to his country, a war hero, a true general from the grassroots to the top, no Nigerian could be more decorated than The General Sani Abacha. He was a hero you could never be and much more and we lost him, I could go on but the dividents of our faithful general are endless. Allah Ya ji kan maza.
   DanBanza, I'm sorry maybe Abacha locked you up or som'n, what did u do? From the name u could neva be 1/10th the man Abacha was, and Bash... who'll bell the cat? Ibo555, I cant call u Ibro, I hate to see dat blindness among people. If he killed for personal "joy" then u wouldnt be alive, no one will. You probably heard the story of Idi-Amin and was confused. Someone dares call abubakar Abdussalami a hero, a man whom has ruined and condemned us to our graves. I spit on him. I'm sick of u.

Hey you want to know if Abacha is a hero, dont ask mi, ask Seria leonians, or Liberians or even Gambians. They will tell u what the world missed out of Abacha. But like they say, one mans food is anothers poison, even in Nigeria there are different kinds of people. He maybe a....whatever u call him, but to me, he's relatively a Hero, to us.
Safety and Peace

al_hamza

Admin, the nick "dan-banza /Bastard" even if used for one-self, i guess isnt a word suitable for this otherwise very clean and beautiful forum,

D-B, Wallahi, even if you are a D-B, i cannot use that word for you, i cannot imagine what you have on your mind that you chose such a nick.

As for Abacha, those that eat "halal" or you can say those that choose to stay clean and wont do 419things for money, know that Abacha years were Golden years after a very very long time in Nigerian History,
Alhamdulillah we eat Halal, a single rice grain of haram ruins the entire plate according to a hadith,
Are you sure the guy next door that bought a new car recently is making entirely halal money? Is it possible? when the business commuinity (after the government this section generates the largest jobs) in Nigeria is being strangled mercilessly??  

Okay, maybe Abacha did kill people, but in a dictatorship and the scene he played a hero in, its very dificult to rule with critics that have funding and backing from abroad.

There was justice, there was security, there was a solid economy, there was no begging, Criminals were caught, Naira never inflated,

D-B did you notice Abacha died two days after he met Yasser Arafat?
IN many years, it was the first time that a Nigerian Head of state had MADE A STATEMENT ABROAD! MEETING ARAFAT WAS SHOWING SUPPORT FOR THE PALESTINIAN CAUSE!  

Maybe, it didnt go too well with "Mosad" (the israeli secret service) which can easily do its mission and get away, (they are the worlds best secret service)
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Anonymous

al-hamza:
Take some friendly advice. THINK HARDER!!!

Ibro2g

Thank you Al-Hamzah,
  And we all know Almustapha was trained by the mosads.
One other thing, the mosads never train for free, once one, everly one.

They say intelligence is a collection of dots, and intelligence draws the lines on those dots to make sence, lets see how onliners will draw a line on this one.
Safety and Peace

DanBanza

Al_Hamza, please quit all this sanctimonious posturing. My nickname hasnt got anything to do with tarnishing the "beautiful" and "clean" image of this forum.

Abacha's death is the greatest gift Nigerians could have asked for in recent memory. He is gone but I have not the slightest compunctions to speak ill of him.

Its impossible to believe that that tyrant could be portrayed in any other light than the personation of evil. What justice did he bring? impromtu detention without charges or evidence, disappearance of people that dare say anything anti-abacha, looting of the national treasury, whatelse?

QuoteThere was justice, there was security, there was a solid economy, there was no begging, Criminals were caught, Naira never inflated,  

I dont see which of these are true... except perhaps marginally the inflation of the naira. But I dont understand how this benefit  makes the existence of Abacha worthy. I got nothing but pain for the struggle of the Palestinians but if the Mossad is responsible for Abacha's death then a job well done.

QuoteYou talking about looting, Yes he did, but who didnt? Its the Nigerian thing
Ibro2g,
This quote show why a debate with you will be fruitless.