News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sudan Disaster

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, June 16, 2004, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

There is a dreadful disaster going on in the south and west of Sudan. Hundreds of thousands of people are threatened with famine and many are already dead, murdered by militias in the command of the Sudanese government. What is happening is genocide. The militias are arab Sudanese and they are killing the black Sudanese. They are driving all the people off their land and out of their villages to starve in the bush or be shot if they return to their homes. Many of the women are being raped.
Should not Nigeria and the OAU be demanding that the Sudanese government stop this?
Dave McEwan Hill
maigemu

alhaji_aminu

Salam
Well said Dave. I believe the Sudan situation has been ignored for so long and this is the time to act. The OAU, which is now called African Union, is as ineffective as a the Arab league. As the UN puts it, there are growing signs of 'ethnic cleasing' in the Dafur region. Ethnic cleansing as we all know is the diplomatic lingo for GENOCIDE in the UN.
There is no doubt about this. The Sudanese govt is as guilty as Hell and they must be held to account. I hope the UN sec Council will take a timely and decisive action in this regard. Otherwise, its Kigali all over again.
God help us all especially the destitutes at Dafur.

mallamt

It is surprising that so many people in this forum who have very strong veiws on any topic no matter how trival have kept silent on this issue does this not generate wrong signals or open all sorts of room for unpleasnt interpretations.

dfynest

QuoteIt is surprising that so many people in this forum who have very strong veiws on any topic no matter how trival have kept silent on this issue does this not generate wrong signals or open all sorts of room for unpleasnt interpretations.
perhaps, some are trying to come to terms over it,
perhaps some are at a loss for words,
perhaps some are actually out there doing something about it (they do say action speaks louder than words)..... it's quite possible y'know.

alhaji_aminu

SALAM

Even though we harldy agree on any issue raised here, I believe wholeheartedly with mallamt's suggestion. For one, no person who watches TV can claim ignorance on this issue.
It should be known that this darfurians are both Black and Muslims. So even if we are not seeking justice for them because they are humans, then we should atleast feel for them. For there is a hadith that says, imanin dayanku bai cikaba har sai yasowa wani (musulmi) abunda yasoma kansa. meaning: " he who doesn't love for others what he loves for himself is defective in his iman (faith)".
God help us all

Dave_McEwan_Hill

The bible says the same. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
The situation in Darfur is genocide against the black population. The deaths are around 30,000 to 50,000 and 1.2 million people have fled their villages- many of them to safety in Chad. There is now fear that the Sudan government by force is now stopping others from fleeing. It is obvious that the Sudan goverment is telling lies. The troops they sent in to "protect" the black Sudanese have joined the Arab militias in murdering them and driving them into the bush.  If America wanted to do a good thing it would invade Sudan now and take the power from the crazed Arab killers.
maigemu

alhaji_aminu

salam

Mr David that quotation from the bible is common to all religions and cultures. I believe your intentions are sincere as to what needs to be done in Darfur but the 'how-it-should-be-done' part  is not consistent with international laws.

Invading Sudan will not solve the problem rather, the Darfurians should be placed under a protectorate of 'international conscience' care. What this means is that a barrier, forceful or otherwise, should be divised which will 'separate'  Darfurians from their attackers- IE Sudan Government and the Janjaweed.. By so doing, the world community will avert a catastrophy waiting to happen on a scale not been seen since Rwanda  or Bosnia.

The UN security council has to pass a resolution calling for the use of force before US, or any country for that matter, can invade a country and pacify it. The complacent and corrupt UN is yet to pass such a resolution..

Lets all hope this resolution is passed soon...!

_Waziri_

Peace be unto you all,

My conviction is our stay here for years have helped us in understanding the truth that nobody is under any obligation to respond to everything  aboard. Many post by many different ppl, of maximum importance  have passed here unresponded. People respond to post only when they wish to and feel the need.

Just as I chastised  Yadudu the other day on his attempt to choose for k-onliners what and what to discuss I also desire that we eschew from imposing on people the obligation to respond to particular topics which we and only we believe are important enough.

Let's afford our brothers and sisters alike the power of introversy.

dfynest

Quote...that we eschew from imposing on people the obligation to respond to particular topics which we and only we believe are important enough.
My, exact sentiments. Afterall, the moment we start responding merely because not doing so will not endear us to others, we lose our sincerity.

Having said that, I may hasten to add that the KO community has proven itself to be a caring one, which is what gave me reason to make my earlier comments, that maybe some are actually out doing something about it (i.e trying to put a stop to the carnage). For just as yadudu cited the tradition that requires us to wish for others what we wish for ourselves, another tradition also states that we ought not think the worse first. See the glass as half full instead instead of half empty
Give the KO family the benefit of the doubt... the silence is not an indicication of acceptance of the goings on in the Darfur region.
Salaam.

alhaji_aminu

sallama
yallabai waziri allah shi kara maka iymani. ai kasan cewa bazanyi wannan kalamin don na soki sauran jama'a musulmiba. kamar yadda kasani, ba propaganda bane zance yan Darfur dinnan. wallahi akwai mutanen da ake kashewa day by day. As for saying people should respond, am sure I made it clear its is optional and it's the absolute prerrogative of one, like most people have, not to respond. And, I don't mean chastise anyone not responding. If I might have sounded that way then I am mistaken kuma ina neman gafara yallabai.'
Allah yabamu alheri.............amin

Barde

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"If America wanted to do a good thing it would invade Sudan now and take the power from the crazed Arab killers.

It is so unfortunate that there are still some people who believe that America is doing a good  job by invading sovereign countries. Iraq has been in flames for more than a year now, innocent lives are been killed on a daily basis. Afghanistan is not a better place too, just last week, Aid organisations working there issued a communique that the level of killings is going at an alarming rate, hence they are going to withdraw from the country.

So much has been revealed about the socalled "liberation of the iraqis" . Thanks to the Abu-Ghuraib prison saga, then the Butler report and now the Mother of all revelations, Fareinheit 9/11 -a documentary released in july by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Michael Moore. Mr Bush is determined to imposed Democracy in the middle east, when he is not a democrat .

The earlier America stops interfering in other countries affairs, the better and the socalled terrorism will be no more, because interference is the root cause of everything. Invading Sudan will only aggravate the problem rather than solving it, as in the case of Iraq and Afghanistan.

United Nation and African Union have taken a nice step towards solving the problem. What we can do at individual level is to keep on praying so that every thing will be solved amicably.
im

mallamt

Quote from: "_Waziri_"Peace be unto you all,

My conviction is our stay here for years have helped us in understanding the truth that nobody is under any obligation to respond to everything  aboard. Many post by many different ppl, of maximum importance  have passed here unresponded. People respond to post only when they wish to and feel the need.

Just as I chastised  Yadudu the other day on his attempt to choose for k-onliners what and what to discuss I also desire that we eschew from imposing on people the obligation to respond to particular topics which we and only we believe are important enough.

Let's afford our brothers and sisters alike the power of introversy.

_Waziri_
I may agree with you to some extent but the truth is that no one is trying to say all must contribute to this subject matter.  But again we must not bury our heads in the ground and pretend that this thing is not happening.  The truth is that majority of contributors have commented or had a lot to say on issues similar to this so why not this?  Or do we only say or contribute when it suites us?  Right now not just in this forum but eleswhere in the world sudan/dafur isssue is topical.  Are we not here to discuss matters?  And anyway the subject matter is clearly marked and I do not expect anyone not interested in this topic to even try to see what is being said about the matter here.  So my dear friend while you may be right that you no one should be made to comment or contribute on any issue but also no one goes to the house of a person he is trying to avoid.  We are here to share ideas, to agree and disagree, to develope an understanding and respect for each other etc we can not do acheive all that if we do not discuss even topics that make us uncomfortable

mallamt

Quote from: "myadudu"sallama
yallabai waziri allah shi kara maka iymani. ai kasan cewa bazanyi wannan kalamin don na soki sauran jama'a musulmiba. kamar yadda kasani, ba propaganda bane zance yan Darfur dinnan. wallahi akwai mutanen da ake kashewa day by day. As for saying people should respond, am sure I made it clear its is optional and it's the absolute prerrogative of one, like most people have, not to respond. And, I don't mean chastise anyone not responding. If I might have sounded that way then I am mistaken kuma ina neman gafara yallabai.'
Allah yabamu alheri.............amin

myadudu

You must not be appologetic please for anyone to think that you made your comments on sudan because you are trying to get at muslims, is childish and is exactly the kind of person(s) the forum does not need.  The fact that the attackers in dafur happen to be muslims and the victims are non muslims can not be really said to have any thing to do with islam.  What is happening in dafur is criminal and that is it we must just condem it, if it had anything to do with islam same would have been happening right now in other muslim countries. We must not just allow people to hide behind the veil of islam (or any other religion for that matter) and commit attrocites. if silence is kept for the fear of being criticised the wrong message will be sent (yo know the saying that silence means consent)

_Waziri_

Quote from: "mallamt"

So my dear friend while you may be right that you no one should be made to comment or contribute on any issue but also no one goes to the house of a person he is trying to avoid.  We are here to share ideas, to agree and disagree, to develope an understanding and respect for each other etc we can not do acheive all that if we do not discuss even topics that make us uncomfortable

Mallamt, I am not sure if you really intend friendship with us around here. You appear to insist we should discuss Dafur. You are trying to read meaning into our freedom of choice not to disscuss it. You are even threading the oblong path of insinuating that the topic makes us uncomfortable.

Now mallamt did anybody question the motive behind why you did not condole and appear sympathetic to us when we lost our father Alhaji Salisu Usman Danyaro? From what kind of planet are you that you do not think it an obligation to identify with others when they are mourning the lost of their loved ones?

OK mallamt we attach alot of maybe's to why you are not identifying with us in that respect and we intend to allow you be. But don't ever deem it necessary to complain again when anybody chose not to respond to anything, right?

I remain most grateful.

al_hamza

Mr Dave, is it ok i call you a hypocrite?
AGREED WE GOT A MAJOR PROBLEM IN SUDAN, PLEASE WOULD YOU TELL US ABOUT CHECHENYA, PALESTINE, KASHMIR AND PHILIPINES?

I AM NOT SURPRISED AT THE LOOKS YOU HAVE ON YOUR FACE AS YOU READ, ITS NATURAL TO BE BLANK IF YOUR ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION IS "HOLY" BBC AND CNN.

do we have crises elsewhere in the world? OLDER CRISES? is your intention to make us take a stance against the sudanese? Do you think we lack humanity? and your putting up this post would suddenly awaken us? Well your words "America should invade" ? What should i think of you then? Of all the things you have been saying "i believe america bla bla bla to be evil".

You are a retired man right? Means you have seen the world maybe 3 times more than most of us, why dont you start telling us the root Problems of  Cehchenya, Balkans, Palestine, Algeria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Chinese Muslim Province, Thailand, and Philipines. Thier Solutions and if an invasion is necessery then who should be the invader.

WE COMPLETELY BELIEVE DARFUR IS A MAJOR PROBLEM, WETHER THEY ARE CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS,  OR IDOL WORSHIPPERS, THEY ARE HUMANS!. BUT WE ARENT IN A POSITION TO HELP, LOOK AT OUR ECONOMICAL SITUATION.
I CAN SEE ONLY TWO REASONS WHY YOU PUT UP THIS POST.

1) TO TURN US AGAINST THE SUDANESE (BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER) AN OLD METHOD OF THE WHITEMEN.

2) TO VEST YOUR ANGER FUELED BY THE "HOLY BBC". THERE ARE PLENTY OTHER AREAS AFFECTED BY SERIOUS PROBLEMS. START TALKING ABOUT THEM AND DONT FALL FOR THE TRICKS YOUR GOVERNMENT IS EMPLOYING TO GET IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN OFF YOUR MIND.

MY GOD! WHY DO PEOPLE ALLOW OTHERS TO RULE THEIR MINDS!
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!