News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sudan Disaster

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, June 16, 2004, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Waziri_

Quote from: "mallamt"What! don't flatter yourself are you new to this forum?  You are a big lair if there is one thing I can see and say for sure about you is that you completely lack objectivity, so don't even go there!!

So you have to thread the oblong path to calling me names. Why not just try proving me a liar by coming up with examples, citing intances where I told a lie. Yours is a case of defamation of character. It is criminal assault. You know Obasanjo filed a case against Media Trust the other time because one of their writers called him a thief. He claimed some good millions out of that case. It appears like  I too am coming a way into making some good millions too. Mallamt, prove me a liar or I start tracing your IP adress into a court of justice to claim my good money.

Forumnites !!!! get ready for a juicy party. I will surely win a case.

alhaji_aminu

Hi guys.

Just thought I may say a thing or two related to this issue.

1)  Nigeria has sent almost 150 troops to the Darfur region to help broker and sustain the shaky cease fire.

2) The rebels and the govt of Sudan have indicated their willingness to continue peace talks in Abuja.

And now onto mallamt....

I have noticed, and many others have also, that mallamt tends to be confrontational and sectional. He seems to blow up issues that deal with Islam and Muslims ( the darfur post) and then down play other issues (like the Zimbabwean farmers).

Like Waziri said, mallamt seems incapable of tolerating dissenting opinions. He resorts to name calling and blackmail, both of which are signs of desperation.

I guess this topic has been flogged enough so it'll be better if we find another issue to talk about. The Olympics for example ?

In getting ready for mallamt's barage of you-are-wrong yada yada yada, wish everyone have a nice azumin tsofaffi.

mallamt

Quote from: "EMTL"
Mr. T, is Dafur closer to us than Yelwan Shendam? Uptill today the Torah militia are killing innocent Muslims.
EMTL
That is exactly the point of this forum, to discuss issues those we are aware of and those we are not we get informed about, so why don't you start a thread about what is happening in yelwa or shendam?  I just do not understand what the tantrum is about, you have an issue or event that you want discussed why don't you start a thread on that if it bothers you so that other people can contribute? why are you questioning that some other person(s) start a thread on sudan?  No one has answered me yet on why they are not starting threads on these other conflicts so that others contribute.  Maybe you should tell us why you are not starting a thread on these other conflicts if they are important to you and if they are not then stop using them for mileage it is insensitive and rude!

mallamt

Quote from: "myadudu"Hi guys.

Just thought I may say a thing or two related to this issue.

1)  Nigeria has sent almost 150 troops to the Darfur region to help broker and sustain the shaky cease fire.

2) The rebels and the govt of Sudan have indicated their willingness to continue peace talks in Abuja.

And now onto mallamt....

I have noticed, and many others have also, that mallamt tends to be confrontational and sectional. He seems to blow up issues that deal with Islam and Muslims ( the darfur post) and then down play other issues (like the Zimbabwean farmers).

Like Waziri said, mallamt seems incapable of tolerating dissenting opinions. He resorts to name calling and blackmail, both of which are signs of desperation.

I guess this topic has been flogged enough so it'll be better if we find another issue to talk about. The Olympics for example ?

In getting ready for mallamt's barage of you-are-wrong yada yada yada, wish everyone have a nice azumin tsofaffi.

Myadudu
My dear friend you are not telling the truth if you say I docked on the zimbabwean farmers issue you should please revisit that thread and read it again carefully
If my telling it I see it you feel I am being confrontational and sectional so be it it is your problem, tell me it is a lie that people are not being killed in dafur and prove it, but I rather die telling it as I see it and being called sectional or confrontational that to keep silent so that I am not refered to as confrontational or sectional
Do you resort to name calling when you are desparate?  I do not I only do that when people talk rubbish!
I blow up issue that deal with islam and muslims? hmm that is a new one!
How can you say the issue has been flogged? Don't try and decieve people please go through the thread and tell honestly how many posts really said anything about the issue.  But those that have had enough and are not interesting in reading or writing anymore do not have to visit the thread those that want to discuss it further can go on.
Yes we must thank the people of nigeria and the govt for the role they are playing in bringing peace to the dafur region and we must pray for that peace to come
On the olympics what is stopping you from starting a thread on it or any other issue on your mind?
By the way I hope you realise that the dafur issue is not really a muslim thing if you are ready to be honest about the issue, because there is a large faction of muslim victims.  Please do try and find out a bit more about that conflict and do not bury your head in the sand!

mallamt

Quote from: "Barde"
Quote from: "mallamt"Furthermore, death in especially in natural circumstance in a family is a very personal thing there is no way you can ever try to compare it with a massacer.  It is very rude, an insult for you or anybody to want to compare a personal loss to the massacre of multitudes.  How could you even compare the two events?

Mallamt,

I want you to sincerely confirm to me if the above quote is yours or not. If it is yours then am right to say you misinterpreted me.

Barde
You have come again with your maradona moves.  You qouted me starting from the word "Furthermore". A free lesson for you, the use of such a word (furthermore) is indicitive that it is a continuation of a statement so why did you not start from the begining of the statement?  Anyway lets look at it again
QuoteYes nobody questioned me or those of us that did not send condolences yet nobody was stopped from questioning me (us) right? Everyone in this forum has the right to question why didn't those that did not send messages of condolence send messages, it is not my place to make anybody ask his/her questions I ask mine, why should I or anybody for that matter be responsible for someone else not asking a question that bothers them? So you logic that because no one asked me why I did not send a condolence message so I should not ask why are people not commenting on the Dafur issue is rubbish and childish! Furthermore, death in especially in natural circumstance in a family is a very personal thing there is no way you can ever try to compare it with a massacer. It is very rude, an insult for you or anybody to want to compare a personal loss to the massacre of multitudes.
Please note the use of the term logic in my statement and tell me what part of your statement I am misinterpreting.
QuoteLet's assume that 15 days after the dafur post was your first visit after it was posted. It is funny enough for you to gave the excuse of not visiting the forum regularly as to why you did not comment on the issue, it baffles me that it did not cross your mind that there are people who are not regulars as well.It is also disgracing that you just concluded after your first visit that Kanoonliners are shying away from the dafur issue.
What is all this ranting about?  Please read it and see if it makes any sense to you.  Does it also baffle you why people did not just respond and say they have not been on the site rather than say they are being forced to comment or contribute on an issue?
QuoteLet me state categorically that if you are a FOOL, members of this forum are not. and i want you to please always read and understand before you comment on anything ok? otherwise you will only be making fool of yourself. I want you to go and ponder on the advice Waziri gave you, i strongly believe that it will help you in no small measure.
Hmm I wonder who is really not reading carefully and thus making a fool of himself!!

lionger

Hello!!

I have followed this thread from its inception with some curiousity and lately amusement. Lol what's going on here? Instead of discussing the issue we are trading insults and fighting amongst ourselves.

I mentioned this issue of the Sudan a long, long time ago on this forum, long b4 this darfur thing was on the news. Some people are talking as if this thing started yesterday; the sudan has been burning for twenty years! And to be blunt, I agree with myadudu and mallamt. Come, let's be honest with ourselves. Anyone who has spoken volumes on the numerous threads on the 'palestinian cause', iraq, afghanistan, satanic america etc., really should not be biting his/her tongue over darfur.

As such,Waziri I disagree with you. And I really don't think it is proper to go about 'chastising' others condescendingly as you have been doing of late on this thread. At first I found it amusing, but this is getting out of order. You know say you are a legend around here, but sometimes you can really rub people the wrong way. Abeg take am easy, you, mallamt and Barde.

There's much more I have to say of my observations on this thread, but really we cannot afford anymore distraction. Frankly I'm both happy and sad about the media coverage of the darfur crisis. Happy because because it has forced us to pay close attention to the Sudan, sad and a bit annoyed, because as I've said b4, ppl are talking as though it started yesterday. Like Dave I believe the responsiblilityfor the darfur crisis lies squarely on the insidious and illegitimate Sudanese government. I also think myadudu's suggestions as regards a solution are excellent. A U.S. invasion might seem like the honest, non-hypocrytical tihng for them to do, but really that would just lead to another Iraq-Afghan situation. The Sudan needs 'legitimate' and careful intervention, not gung-ho foolish bravado.

Barde

Nobody is doubting the fact that the Sudanese government is responsible for the atrocities in the dafur region but my arguement is that why is it been giving Islamic colouration? are the janjaweed acting according to the teachings of islam? Some people are trying to accused kanoonliners of shying away from the thread, when they did not comment also and all what some people had to offer as solution to the crises is for America to Invade and take over power from the "crazed Arab Muslims".
im

mallamt

Our friend barde is saying that the dafur issue is being given an islamic colouration, where is that and who? The reason why the discussion digressed is just that barde and some others wanted to see a "third force" in what some of us said rather than discuss the issue.  Dafur is a shame which should have never happened, I must confess that I did not know much about dafur until it hit the news. One can not understand the sudaness govt obviously a suggest such that sudan should be invaded by the us is somwhat "arrogant" and as lionger said could be more of a problem than a solution. However, I do believe there should be action from african states and if that means sending african troops against the wishes of the sudaness so be it.  We must reach a point on this continent when we don't just say we are tired of the conflicts, the wars etc but we actually start fighting them even if it is with our armies.  Left to the rest of the world they would just fold their arms and debate at the UN on resolutions while we kill each other, then they come in as "angels of mercy" after a couple of hundreds of thousands have been killed. It is probably appropraite to identify some of the leadership in sudan and declare them charge them for these atrocities if they are linked to it.

Barde

Quote from: "mallamt"
Quote from: "Barde"
Quote from: "mallamt"Furthermore, death in especially in natural circumstance in a family is a very personal thing there is no way you can ever try to compare it with a massacer.  It is very rude, an insult for you or anybody to want to compare a personal loss to the massacre of multitudes.  How could you even compare the two events?

Mallamt,

I want you to sincerely confirm to me if the above quote is yours or not. If it is yours then am right to say you misinterpreted me.

Barde
You have come again with your maradona moves.  You qouted me starting from the word "Furthermore". A free lesson for you, the use of such a word (furthermore) is indicitive that it is a continuation of a statement so why did you not start from the begining of the statement?  Anyway lets look at it again
QuoteYes nobody questioned me or those of us that did not send condolences yet nobody was stopped from questioning me (us) right? Everyone in this forum has the right to question why didn't those that did not send messages of condolence send messages, it is not my place to make anybody ask his/her questions I ask mine, why should I or anybody for that matter be responsible for someone else not asking a question that bothers them? So you logic that because no one asked me why I did not send a condolence message so I should not ask why are people not commenting on the Dafur issue is rubbish and childish! Furthermore, death in especially in natural circumstance in a family is a very personal thing there is no way you can ever try to compare it with a massacer. It is very rude, an insult for you or anybody to want to compare a personal loss to the massacre of multitudes.
Please note the use of the term logic in my statement and tell me what part of your statement I am misinterpreting.
QuoteLet's assume that 15 days after the dafur post was your first visit after it was posted. It is funny enough for you to gave the excuse of not visiting the forum regularly as to why you did not comment on the issue, it baffles me that it did not cross your mind that there are people who are not regulars as well.It is also disgracing that you just concluded after your first visit that Kanoonliners are shying away from the dafur issue.
What is all this ranting about?  Please read it and see if it makes any sense to you.  Does it also baffle you why people did not just respond and say they have not been on the site rather than say they are being forced to comment or contribute on an issue?
QuoteLet me state categorically that if you are a FOOL, members of this forum are not. and i want you to please always read and understand before you comment on anything ok? otherwise you will only be making fool of yourself. I want you to go and ponder on the advice Waziri gave you, i strongly believe that it will help you in no small measure.
Hmm I wonder who is really not reading carefully and thus making a fool of himself!!

Mallamt,

Let me summarise every thing this way.  How come you didn't give us the benefit of doubt knowing fully well that some kanoonliners may not be regulars as well?(like you). You just concluded that people are been silent on the issue, is that a fair judgement?
im

mallamt

Barde
are you delibrately trying to make this thread cumbersome? I just do not understand why you qoute all that you did yet what you had to say had nothing to do with what you have qouted.  What in your own opinion would have constituted a benifit of doubt?  You said I just concluded that people were silent was it not true or did I miss something?  You earlier on said that the posting had been on for almoat 2 weeks before I even made the comment right? (and at that point my comment was just the second or third) does that not mean that my conclusion was right at that point in time? Please note that my comment was on the silence and not the reason for the silence they are two different things, that was why my comment was followed with a statement of caution to the fact that people may misinterprete the silence

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I am glad we are getting a serious debate about this issue now. The killing is continuing, however, no matter what lies the Sudanese representatives told at Abuja.
I take serious offence at my words being twisted. I mentioned "crazed Arab killers" in an earlier post, not "crazed Arab muslims" as has been quoted by some of our contributors. No arguement is ever won by misquoting.
maigemu

_Waziri_

QuoteAs such,Waziri I disagree with you. And I really don't think it is proper to go about 'chastising' others condescendingly as you have been doing of late on this thread. At first I found it amusing, but this is getting out of order. You know say you are a legend around here, but sometimes you can really rub people the wrong way. Abeg take am easy, you, mallamt and Barde.

lionger how improper is my reprimand? What is the logic behind this imput? You only succeeded in telling me am condescending and overbearing here. Do you then believe Mallamt has done the right thing by calling me names by your silence on his categorisation of me to be a liar?
Is my chastising others - which you found more appropriate to speak about- more grievous than his calling me names? After all what is wrong in my saying people should not be compelled to respond to some posts specifically?

AND FOR mallamt, LET HIM KNOW I AM SERIOUS. I AM GOING TO COURT IF HE CANNOT SHOW TO ME WHERE I TOLD A LIE. I INTEND TO COMMIT  ALL I HAVE FROM A DOLLAR TO A MILLION OF IT, INTO THIS CASE. FOR I AM NOT HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING DOING ANYWHERE. I AM NOT HERE TO BE INSULTED OR DEFAMED BY ANYBODY. AS SUCH I HAVE A SERIOUS LESSON WHICH I BELIEVE HE WILL LEARN FROM THIS.

LET Mallamt KNOW THAT HE CANNOT HIDE. WHEREVER HE IS THE INTERNET SECURITY PEOPLE WILL GET AT HIM. THEN HE WILL TELL THE JURY WHERE HE SAW ME TELLING A LIE. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE I LAY MY HANDS ON HIM. WE WILL TRACE ALL HIS POSTS AROUND HERE AND COMPILED THE IP ADRESSES. IF HE IS OPERATING FROM INTERNET CAFES, WE WILL KNOW. WE WILL GET HIM WHILE ON KANOONLINE WEBSITE AND FROM ANYWHERE ACROSS THIS PLANET. HE CANNOT RUN. LET HIM START A CUNSULTATION WITH HIS ATTORNEY. I AM COMING HIS WAY WITH FULL FORCE. THE DRAMA IS HERE, THE DRAMATISTS ARE READY. LET THE SCENES EVOLVE.

Bawai mutanen banzane akatara ananba da zaizo yana zaginmu haka kawai

Barde

Dave,

It was a mixed-up, am actually discussing the same issue with a freind and his solution to the crises is almost the same with your own.

What do you mean by the following statement.."Has the fact that the evil killers in Sudan are (killing both Moslems and christians) are Moslems confused and embarassed many members?"
im

Barde

Quote from: "mallamt"Barde
are you delibrately trying to make this thread cumbersome? I just do not understand why you qoute all that you did yet what you had to say had nothing to do with what you have qouted.  What in your own opinion would have constituted a benifit of doubt?  You said I just concluded that people were silent was it not true or did I miss something?  You earlier on said that the posting had been on for almoat 2 weeks before I even made the comment right? (and at that point my comment was just the second or third) does that not mean that my conclusion was right at that point in time? Please note that my comment was on the silence and not the reason for the silence they are two different things, that was why my comment was followed with a statement of caution to the fact that people may misinterprete the silence

Mallamt

Let me put it in another way, You hurriedly concluded that kanoonliners are shying away from the thread when you did not say anything, you would have allowed Dave or myadudu to make such accusations. You are guilty of the same offence. I hope yanzu kam kagane menake nufi.
im

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Barde
Thanks.
What I meant by the piece you refer to is that it is very easy for Onliners to attack the Jews for wicked acts against moslems in Palestine, for Onliners to attack America (and UK) for the evil they do in moslem Iraq but the fact that the murderers and perpetrators of genocide against the black people of  Sudan are moslem should not mean that Onliners should turn their eyes away from their wickedness. I suspect some find this issue difficult to deal with and are tempted to try to ignore it.
maigemu