News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sudan Disaster

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, June 16, 2004, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_hamza

My brother said something 2yrs ago.... and day in and day out it continues its proved that he was right. We muslims have gone so far from our religion and accepted the cultures other than what Allah(S.W.T) has told us in the Qur'an, that we have become devided, only the Kalima identifies (not unite) us , the west has continued to Dominate us for the last 350yrs and they continue to have the stone-age(their stone-age) belief that we are a barbaric people. Our hands are firmly tied behind our backs by our useless leaders and the west  continues to slap us any moment they wish.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

lionger

Quote from: "Barde"Nobody is doubting the fact that the Sudanese government is responsible for the atrocities in the dafur region but my arguement is that why is it been giving Islamic colouration? are the janjaweed acting according to the teachings of islam? Some people are trying to accused kanoonliners of shying away from the thread, when they did not comment also and all what some people had to offer as solution to the crises is for America to Invade and take over power from the "crazed Arab Muslims".

I ask the same question as mallamt, who exactly gave this issue Islamic colouration?  :) I find this quote of yours especially amusing
Quoteare the janjaweed acting according to the teachings of islam?
not because I diagree (quite the contrary) but this was the sort of thing I said ad nauseum to to many of us who can't see the difference between Christianity and Western culture. Now I see them using similar arguments here - even al hamza!! Hahaha, wonders shall never end!

mallamt

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"...I take serious offence at my words being twisted. I mentioned "crazed Arab killers" in an earlier post, not "crazed Arab muslims" as has been quoted by some of our contributors. No arguement is ever won by misquoting.

I can bet my las cent it was Barde, it is one of his specialities!!

mallamt

Quote from: "Barde"Dave,

It was a mixed-up, am actually discussing the same issue with a freind and his solution to the crises is almost the same with your own.

What do you mean by the following statement.."Has the fact that the evil killers in Sudan are (killing both Moslems and christians) are Moslems confused and embarassed many members?"

Barde
You are lying!! You know if we ask you who this friend is you would just say it is some one you met on the street blah blah blah.  How can we prove it? You are not an honest man who seeks and tells the truth.

mallamt

What still puzzels me is why are these people not handled like criminals?  The sudaness army is now assimilating these people and making it difficult for peace keepers apprehend them, they are even said to be in camps lying low.  Let us not forget ruwanda, for those people in the camps are probably in more danger now than they were

mallamt

Quote from: "_Waziri_"
AND FOR mallamt, LET HIM KNOW I AM SERIOUS. I AM GOING TO COURT IF HE CANNOT SHOW TO ME WHERE I TOLD A LIE. I INTEND TO COMMIT  ALL I HAVE FROM A DOLLAR TO A MILLION OF IT, INTO THIS CASE. FOR I AM NOT HERE BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING DOING ANYWHERE. I AM NOT HERE TO BE INSULTED OR DEFAMED BY ANYBODY. AS SUCH I HAVE A SERIOUS LESSON WHICH I BELIEVE HE WILL LEARN FROM THIS.

LET Mallamt KNOW THAT HE CANNOT HIDE. WHEREVER HE IS THE INTERNET SECURITY PEOPLE WILL GET AT HIM. THEN HE WILL TELL THE JURY WHERE HE SAW ME TELLING A LIE. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE I LAY MY HANDS ON HIM. WE WILL TRACE ALL HIS POSTS AROUND HERE AND COMPILED THE IP ADRESSES. IF HE IS OPERATING FROM INTERNET CAFES, WE WILL KNOW. WE WILL GET HIM WHILE ON KANOONLINE WEBSITE AND FROM ANYWHERE ACROSS THIS PLANET. HE CANNOT RUN. LET HIM START A CUNSULTATION WITH HIS ATTORNEY. I AM COMING HIS WAY WITH FULL FORCE. THE DRAMA IS HERE, THE DRAMATISTS ARE READY. LET THE SCENES EVOLVE.

Bawai mutanen banzane akatara ananba da zaizo yana zaginmu haka kawai
_Waziri_

If I have insulted any one it is you so please don't try and rally a group action face me if you want man on man.  Let me tell you as I have said earlier on I don't care!! came with what you can muscle!! Whether you want to sue me or pass fattwa on me na you know! You didn't put me on the face of this earth and you won't take me off it only if God permits!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "mallamt"Waziri

If I have insulted any one it is you so please don't try and rally a group action face me if you want man on man.  Let me tell you as I have said earlier on I don't care!! came with what you can muscle!! Whether you want to sue me or pass fattwa on me na you know! You didn't put me on the face of this earth and you won't take me off it only if God permits!

I think Mallamt is seriously wrong. Why must he start calling Waziri names? Is it  a case of sheer hatred or envy? But the way i see it is that people should try as a matter of decency and decorum to stop using market language while addressing or commenting on issues. We may not understand the imlpications until one is engulped by it. For instance, it is a great civic lacuna to even point an accusing finger on one not to talk of using flabbergasting statements i.e a liar, bloody fellow etc. It is the same abuse of language that caused Uncle Sam almost a year without airing his view in Dailytrust Newspaper,simply because he called Mr. OBJ a liar. In fact , the paper had to lose millions of naira due to that unwholesome statement. Again, Chief Bola Ige had attempted to sue  newspapermen for libel for using abusive lang. on his personality. What iam trying to say is that even to point a finger at one, if he/she is not satisfied by it; it  is tantamounting to intimidation and threat on ones right. And is what the law makers regard as 'Battery', which one can claim alot of damages. So Iam pleading to the honorable members of this lovely forum to refrain from using harsh words on others. Mallamt must apologise.

This is exactly the trouble that el- Rufa'i is currently battling with.

For Waziri i think that u shud pls take heart and rest ur case'cos taking it further will definitely make things very difficult for mallamt. For mallamt,  I also advice that we shud be very careful while dealing with personalities, especially on general board where serious and topical issues are discussed. One can say anything if its a chit chat or unserious fora.

I remain loyal.

Mafia manager.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Nuruddeen

I have to come back here after serious thought about this matter. I believe we have to be very cautious, people that may seem nothing to us can really be very dangerous.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Danmu'azu

Hello Forumnites,

I am new here but I found the substance of this disscussion worth commenting on.

I believe Mallamt himself is convinced of his wrongs. Then I as an existentialist believe that an individual must bear the full brunt of his actions. So objectively Mallamt must carry his own cross and as a man he must never weep over the results of his own doings or undoings.

In public matter of this nature sentimentality in the guise of apology is unwelcomed.

Tukur Dan-Mua'zu

Yoruba Land

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am not very regular in this forum, in the sense that I do not contiribute to the debate here. But I read everything readable on this site.

My appeal here is to the webmaster to look at this thread carefully again and again. This mallamt has not only insulted Waziri and refused to apologise but he also used the same kind of market language against Barde where he said

"Barde
You are lying!! You know if we ask you who this friend is you would just say it is some one you met on the street blah blah blah. How can we prove it? You are not an honest man who seeks and tells the truth."

This animalistic character is not suppose to be allowed here. It seriously affect the pleasure driven from reading the content of this website.

mlbash

oh my my, when two people or noticed an anomoly, i believed it is worthy of consideration. mr. admin should take note, though mallamt should be forgiven, but he should mind his tongue and apologise to those he offended! :(
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mallamt

It is obvious that there is an attempt to gang up and make comments and accussation on a matter people have not followed.  I think I should the clear the air about I why I commented that Waziri is a liar
In _waziri's_ post of 27/8/04 _waziri_ said
QuoteNow mallamt did anybody question the motive behind why you did not condole and appear sympathetic to us when we lost our father Alhaji Salisu Usman Danyaro? From what kind of planet are you that you do not think it an obligation to identify with others when they are mourning the lost of their loved ones?
In my respond on the 28/8/04 and I asked in my post
QuoteWho are the "us" you are talking about? As far as I know with respect to my sending/not sending condolence messages you are the only one to comment are you representing anyone or a group of people when you commented?
_Waziri_ in his response on the 30/8/04 he said
QuoteAgain I will recommend that mallamt should go for a little more training in linguistics for him to undertand why a single person can use a WE for an I. Every learned person in this regard will tell you that there are two kinds of plural: Of respect and of number.
In response to _Waziri_ on 30/8/04 I posted th definition of WE as provided in Websters english dictionary
QuoteI also note that based on what you are saying the WE used by you is Of respect (to use your term) and WE in your english means I. Very interesting, here is the definition and usage of we, kindly note that we is recognised in the english langauge as the plural of ME. WE 1 the persons speaking or writing: used to refer to the speaker or writer and another or others, sometimes including those addressed: personal pronoun in the first person plural: we is the nominative form, us the objective, ours the possessive, and ourselves (or, by a king, etc., ourself ) the reflexive and intensive; our is the possessive pronominal adjective
2 I: used by a monarch, editor, judge, etc. to indicate that the authority of his or her position or profession is represented
3 you: used in direct address as in encouraging or admonishing an invalid, a child, etc.
Now my case is this _waziri_ from his post it can be gleaned that he was not speaking for anyone but him self yet he tried to put a case as if he was speaking on behalf of a group (and it may be true there are people who shared his veiw on the forum so he could have said he was speaking on belhalf of those who shared similar veiws to his).  He then goes on to say that WE can be used to mean I etc. so we conclude he is trying to say his usage of we was really an I.  From the definition of WE it can be seen that it is impossible  to use WE when you mean I.  US on the other hand can be used in the objective form by an individual where there is a specific matter being dealt with by a number of people.  But the thing is that the thread was not dealing with my sending or not sending condolence messages, secondly _waziri_ was the first to introduce the idea or thought of my not sending condolences, so except it was dicussed else where and he is only extending the discussion to this thread it is wrong for him to use US.  Therefore we can say for sure that when _waziri_ used the term "us" wrong and he was not telling the truth since the issue of my not sending condolences as far as we know only started with him  furthermore from the meaning of WE, it is not true that WE can be used as and I (especially in the context of the discussion).
So please I will advice that postings are read carefully before visitors and others start trading accusations.

Yoruba Land

Mallamt you are really a character. It is you that should read postings before making comments. In this thread alone, you have misrepresented the meaning of somany things and posts made by others and now you want to also try another flawed logic.

In every dictionary of language usage NOT of vocabulary, it is said WE can be used in place of I, as plural of respect. God uses WE in holy books like Bible and etc but that does not make Him many. Kings also use WE in place of I and even ordinary people nowadays use it. Anyway you can tell that to the judge and see whether he will take you serious. But I warn you that ignorance of sort cannot save you from jail or fine.

I am sorry if I make you uncomfortable. Even if one is wrong in using such terms you cannot call that person a lier. You should be a good person for yourself.

lionger

People,

How on earth did a discussion on the Darfur crisis turn into an argument over the meaning of the word 'we'  :shock: ?? Please, lets put a stop to this pointless endeavor! Mallamt, though I understand your feelings, you have certainly been too abrasive and I beseech you to apologize to Waziri. The rest of us should step back and not add any morefuel to the fire. Please lets get back on topic; surely the lives on innocents are more important than our twisted understanding of a noun. This is getting silly!!

mallamt

Yes I agree with you lionger.  Let us get back to the subject matter.  And for Yoruba Land please stop displaying your ignorance, in the Bible when We is used by God it is know that it includes the members of the God head (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy spirit). In some other instances, We also includes the angels.  Please see the definition and usage of we when used by kings, before you say anything.