News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"...to harry potter, the boy who lived..."

Started by beautilicious, September 11, 2004, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

:( :( I still havent found dat "Fridays child" book or any of Georgette's.

I'd keep searching tho. I have read only a few HRs and dat was a while

ago, infact since da good old school days. I can remember Johanna

Lindsey's "Once a Princess" and "When love awaits" they were good.

Hehe, I also came across one Johanna Lindsey book when i was a kid,

but for some reason my mum seized it b4 i even got a chance to read

it and i never saw it again. Maybe it had something to do with da name

of da book "Prisoner of my Desire".  ??? ??? ??? I have read Barbara Taylor

Bradford's "Angel". that about all i can remember. I'm a huge fan of Danielle

Steel tho, in 2000 i set myself a challenge to read every single Danielle Steel

book i come across b4 2005. That time she only had about 50 books. Well it's

2007 and i have only managed to read about 24 or 25 and she's got 70 books

now! *sigh* I can't keep up :'(. I'm still a huge fan tho. Danielle Steel's lady

through and through  :)

Oh, i also read short stories...Do u know about the "Girl's Night in" collection?

They're good!  :) :) :)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

God, Fateez u are a walking library/bookstore!!! ;D
I havent read any of those books that u mentioned, and i prided myself in being a bookworm lol!!
I have read one or two Danielle Steel books. U c me, I am of the old romantic book stock where the hero gets the heroine and where they are all physically perfect like Cinderella and snow white, Barbara Cartland and Denise Robbins. On the other hand Danielle's books are more realistic in the sense that they deal with actual probabilities, so that is why I dont read them, cos i want the main hero to end up with the main heoine not the supporting heroine.... ;D
Try ebay or Amazon.com for Georgette Heyer.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

precious

I have read a few of Danielle Steel's books.I read one that I cant remember know but I cried like an yi min mutuwa.That was the last I read of her books.Promised myself ba zan kara taba littafan ta ba.Ya Mutum zai zauna ya shirga karya  kuma na sa kudi na saya na bige da sharbar kuka?Mtsss.

hHarry Porter dai duk na karanta ,I think daya ne bani da but to be honest I am amazed at Fateez' memory of the books.Wow!

HUSNAA

Quote from: precious on March 12, 2007, 11:48:08 PM
I have read a few of Danielle Steel's books.I read one that I cant remember know but I cried like an yi min mutuwa.That was the last I read of her books.Promised myself ba zan kara taba littafan ta ba.Ya Mutum zai zauna ya shirga karya  kuma na sa kudi na saya na bige da sharbar kuka?Mtsss.

Lol I am of the same mind as u!! ;D

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 13, 2007, 08:19:42 AM

Lol I am of the same mind as u!! ;D

Hehe, Precious and Husnaa, same here! after everybook i tell myself never again,

but then somehow somehing keeps pulling me back. Kleenex makes a lot of profit

from dat lady. Sometimes you dont just cry...you weep! Da worst case i had was

when i locked myself up crying buckets for 2 good days. What makes it worse is

that when i read books generally, i dont just read it, i feel a strong bond with da

characters. Like I'm right there with them...And when they die...i feel everything

crashing... Who knows, Maybe I'm borderline Schizophrenic...[Hehe, i'm beginning

to sound like a total freak] I'm perfectly normal, honestly  :). But seriously Da kind

of atrocities dat woman can cook up ehn, Allah u'd think she doesnt have a heart.

Maybe it's cos she's been through some traumatising experiences in da past. I dunno

why i keep reading it tho. Its like there's something in her style of writing that sort of

makes the reader a stronger person. It's like she prepares you to face da cruel reality

of life. Also she reinforces the "It could have been worse" positive thinking attitude...

I like that.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

gogannaka

Ya Mutum zai zauna ya shirga karya  kuma na sa kudi na saya na bige da sharbar kuka?Mtsss.

LOL,wannan gaskiya ne.

Quote from: Fateez

I'm perfectly normal, honestly  :). .

U sure?Two buckets fa  ::)
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Fateez on March 13, 2007, 01:12:27 PM

Hehe, Precious and Husnaa, same here! after everybook i tell myself never again,

but then somehow something keeps pulling me back.

I know wut keeps pulling u back, its in u, i know u know wut am talking about, we have argued about it for a long tym TiZzle!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on April 29, 2007, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: Fateez on March 13, 2007, 01:12:27 PM

but then somehow something keeps pulling me back.

I know wut keeps pulling u back, its in u, i know u know wut am talking about, we have argued about it for a long tym TiZzle!

Hehe, Muda argued about what for long? I'm confused *scratches head*

???  ???

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 22, 2007, 01:44:58 PM

Do you know Georgette Heyer? She was a historical romance novelist. She was the only person, one of whose books, I have read a dozen times or more. I highly recommend her to you Fateez. However you can, get a novel written by her and read it. Start with 'Friday's child'. That will make you fall in love with all her other novels. Lol I am not sure if I dont associate a little bit of the heroine in Friday's child with you!!

Salaam Husnaa! After months of searching...*drum roll*....i have finally

found this book.!!  :D  :D  :D It's a second hand copy, a bit old and tattered.

But thats oky, da only problem now is finding da time to read it.  :(  :(  :( :(

HUSNAA

You found Friday's Child?
Happy reading!! Have lots of fun! Its my best GH novel, must have read it countless times. Hope u get the same magic I did. I was 13 when I first read it though...so the magic for u may not be as intense as it was for me?

*~MuDa~*

Ok people back to the topic of discussion, wut do u people reckon will hapend in the 'the Deathly Hollows' will Hermiony and Ron abandon hogwarts too to help harry? And do yu guys know sumthin, i'm really sick of Ron and Hermiony fighting all the tym, i mean when r they gonna admit that they are in love to each other and stop pretending, *he laffs*... and probably start snogging each other in public?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 27, 2007, 10:00:47 AM
Ok people back to the topic of discussion, wut do u people reckon will hapend in the 'the Deathly Hollows' will Hermiony and Ron abandon hogwarts too to help harry? And do yu guys know sumthin, i'm really sick of Ron and Hermiony fighting all the tym, i mean when r they gonna admit that they are in love to each other and stop pretending, *he laffs*... and probably start snogging each other in public?

Mudacris, didnt Ron and Hermione have something at the end of book 6?

Have you forgotten so quickly?? At Dumbledore's funeral???