News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE KILLER DISEASE; AIDS!

Started by mlbash, December 02, 2004, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

YESTERDAY WAS TAGGED; WORLD AIDS DAY. THE WAY THIS DEADLY INFECTION IS BEING PROPAGATED IS HIGHLY ALARMING TO THE EXTEND THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK IT IS JUST 'SAYING'
THE FACT STILL REMAIN THIS DISEASE IS REAL, AND IT'S PREVALENCE IS ALARMING. THE MOST COMMON ROUTE OF SPREADING IT IS THROUGH SEX.
THEREFORE USING COMDOM AS THEY SAY IS NOT THE LASTING SOLUTION BUT USING CONDUCT.
FEAR ALLAH, AND PRAY FOR HIS PROTECTION!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mlbash

no one is interested, and this is a very important task!

Anonymous

You're right mlbash.  But this no reply may be a symptom of the problem.  Allah Ya sauwake.

Anonymous

mlbash I definitely agree with yor argument.

mlbash

Quote from: "Anonymous"mlbash I definitely agree with yor argument.

oh! was there any argument there???????

Yarkwye ce

THE main froblem Is kids and grown ass people are going out having sex without protection. Kai without even the knowledge of sex education. Weather people like to hear it or not? kids are having sex A WHOLE LOT in the north now adays?
   Others will say sex education will encourage kids to go out and have sex? ?I don?t think so!!? it will make them aware of sexual contaminated diseases.
The only place u hear about sex is in Bio class? ?boohoo? that Is what I think of it.
In our culture we just don?t talk to our kids about sex?but hey zamani fa ya chanza? if school will not talk to ur child about AIDS, getting pregnant all that. You should warn them, just give them WARNING!! They go hear ? but ah ah ai we be hausawa or Naijan?s and we just don?t do that. We just don?t talk about that?it?s a NO! NO!
   What the northern govt or even NAIJAN govt needs to do is enforce sex education in schools and the community(suje kwye, birni and educate them about pregnancy, AIDS, HIV, STD ,CHLAMYDIA,GONORRHEA,HEPATITIS,SYPHILIS,HERPES ETC)
Our peole dey die because they don?t have the rite knowledge of all this manmade diseases.
   Kai before people even marry they should each take the test? my aunt died from AIDS because her stupid husband did not know say he had AIDS before he marry her. Well if they both took the test before they marry ai kunga ba zaa yi auran ba.
Ya kamata govnati t ace Kaiwa ku yi  AIDS TEST ko ba aure?  who ever my sister or any relative go marry gaskiya fa I must enforce them to take the test.
:(
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

mlbash

O yes you have a very good points lined up above. but to be sincere with you i'm against the teaching of sex education from primary school. if only you've have seen the proposed curricullum, it was a really nasty stuff! i made it my responsibility to find the curricullum and study it thoroughly, you can't believe it is meant for the respective ages.
i have made an article in one islamic publication regarding this topic and i'll make it available for the forum soon.

HUSNAA

I believe that teaching sex education at school is a good idea. The problem is the approach to it. Maybe the syllabus does not have the right things that students should know about.
I believe that kids are more vulnerable when they are ignorant or 'innocent' as we like to believe that their minds will be corrupted if they were told certain facts of life, and that is not true. It depends on how you impart the information. Adulthood is shaped through the experiences of childhood. I dont necessarily believe that just because a child knows about the biology of creation that he/she will then jump straight into experimentation. if the teacher imparts the hard facts and then throws in  the morals that go with the knowledge and the implications or consequences of going against certain societal or religious norms as they concern procreation, then the child's actions will be of a more informed nature, and he/she is likely to avoid the pitfalls that ironically we  dont want them to fall into by not telling them about the facts of life.
When I was at school, we had sex education lessons and at home, I had very strict chaperonage, so I knew what was going on in the world, but I also knew what was right and what was wrong, and this is the approach I have taken with my own kids. I let them know the facts of life, but I let them know the boundaries imposed by God as well.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

neozizo

Here is a delima.
What do you do if you know a person is HIV+(privilaged infomation) and he/she is about to get married to an unsuspecting person?

HUSNAA

Lalle kam this is a problem. Amma if you know that the person has AIDS and that he/she is getting married and not divulging it, I think it becomes a moral responsibility to inform the other party. Firstly, you talk with the AIDS patient that this is the right course of action to take, that is  to talk with the his husband/wife to be. If he/she wont take your advice, then you tell the AIDS person that you will tell about their condition, because you are really an accessory to murder if you dont do anything about it and let that AIDS free person contract it.
Any person who has AIDS and gets  married without telling his spouse before the marriage his/her condition, then its the same as his having killed that other person, if that other person contracts the disease and dies of it. Kuma Allah Ba zai Kyale shi ba.

neozizo

Thank you v much husnaa.
Another delima im facing is the 1 about pre-nup. HIV/AIDS test.
You may have noticed that it is now frequntly preached and encouraged(iv actually heard a Mallam saying that there is nothing wrong with doing it,if certain conditions come tom play ofcourse).
While having disscussions with a lady who i have or rather had intentions of marrying,she admitted to me that that while at school,some HIV/AIDS awerness NGO , offerded them free voluntary HIV tests which she took...and passed.
Well,although i have known her for some time now and am not in doubt of her and her families moral standing and conduct,i must confess to you that my conviction to marry her has sionce then been shaky.
She has insisted that she took the test for no particular reason.
Although i should commend her for taking the test and more importantly confiding in me about it i just find that i subconciously feel uncomfortable.
This might be due to cultural and traditional mindset which i cannot seem to shake off.

She hasn't pressed  or even asked me if i had ever had a test done,which somehow bothers me,but i dont know how id actually feel nor react if im officially(so to speak) asked by prospective in-laws to take a test.
So Doc Husnaa whats ur advice and if u (or any other person reading this thread)dont mind,how wud u react if u r given a pre-marriage condition of HIV test?

HUSNAA

Well its a good thing that 'Doc' Husnaa happened to be notified by the webmaster and is actually writing a response!! :D  :D  :D  :D

I think yours is the easiest solution in the world!! Easy Peasy really!! Let me read yr post again.
Your problem at the moment has nothing to do with the AIDS tests and or lack of it. I think your major problem is this blockage in yr feelings for this girl that has occured because of her ''confession'. You are not sure if she is telling you the truth that she has passed her AIDS test; that is that she is AIDS free.  You are not really convinced and so you begin to doubt.
Also you say she has never bothered you about whether you have had a test before or not and so to you that is also like an admission of guilt, or makes yr doubts stronger, because if she really were free, she'd insist that you go and have it done so that she also can be sure she is going around with an AIDS free person.
Well first things first. The girl is easy going. The fact that she talks about AIDS shows how comfortable she is with the subject and thus has nothing to hide presumably. But to put your doubts to rest, why dont you suggest to her that you BOTH go and have the tests done on the two of you? That way BOTH  of you know where the other is at and that will get rid of yr doubts.
Secondly, she doesnt ask you for a test, probably because she trusts you completely, or she may think that she will drive you away with such questions. Its not easy for women to be aggressive and it puts some men off.
I commend her very highly for her courage in taking such a test. Its not easy you know and as you know you can catch AIDS through other means such as blood transfusion or using the same shaving razor kit with some one else or even coming in contact with the open wound of an AIDS carrier has the potential to transmit the disease.
I needed blood transfusion when I had a CS in 1993 and it was only after the operation in Sokoto General Hospital that the doc told me that the blood I was transfused with had not been screened. I still havent plucked up the courage to go and have an HIV test!!

I just realized that I hadnt answered the question!! Well knowing what I know about AIDS now, I honestly wont feel offended, being asked to take an AIDS test before marriage, because I will insist on the same. In fact if any of my kids reach the age of marriage, that would be one of the conditions, that both partners take the test and publicly.

neozizo

Thanks.uv been helpful.
Quote from: "Husnaa"I needed blood transfusion when I had a CS in 1993 and it was only after the operation in Sokoto General Hospital that the doc told me that the blood I was transfused with had not been screened. I still havent plucked up the courage to go and have an HIV test!!
Allow me to do some giving of advice of my own.
You should muster up courage to have the test urself,what with all the knowledge you have of HIV/Aids and its dangers and impacts... at least practice watch u preach so the congregation can have faith in the message...and the preacher.
thx agin.

HUSNAA

I know what you mean!! Easier to give advice than to follow it right?!! :D

Actually I am 100% sure that I am AIDS free. Believe me if I thought for a minute that I was in any danger I'd need no one to show me the way to the nearest test clinic. But then I expect everyone thinks like I do......... :?
I'll definitely get it done in the near future, because its becoming too widespread!!

mlbash

Quote from: "HUSNAA"I know what you mean!! Easier to give advice than to follow it right?!! :D

Actually I am 100% sure that I am AIDS free. Believe me if I thought for a minute that I was in any danger I'd need no one to show me the way to the nearest test clinic. But then I expect everyone thinks like I do......... :?
I'll definitely get it done in the near future, because its becoming too widespread!!

that's very thoughtful of you madam, and one thing you should have tell him is that to think positively of people always, but are you sure you've test it rihgt? :lol:  :[/color]