News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ALL THINGS AUTOMOTIVE

Started by kitkat, January 24, 2005, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precious

what a car. for more pictures interested k-onliners can visit germancarfans.com.There are beautiful pics of the car(and others,too) in the forum section, under mercedes.
Or you can visit my backyard for a peek at the real thing.
:D

mlbash

uhf! that's a real beaut! wow! kai kitkat why doing this to irinmu, masu neman na tuwo! wannan sai asa mu fantasizing!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Anonymous

Salaam' Alaikum. Good day every body. Am new on the forum (though I haven't registered yet). I think this forum is okay, considering the many troubles of the tokunbo cars we use.  Iam presently having problem with my car's gear box. The mechanic can't seem to make up his mind if the problem is from the gear box or the brain box for the gear box. It is a Mazda '93 model, Xedos 6 (24 valve). Would be grateful for any help or suggestion from anyone.

mlbash

Quote from: "Anonymous"Salaam' Alaikum. Good day every body. Am new on the forum (though I haven't registered yet). I think this forum is okay, considering the many troubles of the tokunbo cars we use.  Iam presently having problem with my car's gear box. The mechanic can't seem to make up his mind if the problem is from the gear box or the brain box for the gear box. It is a Mazda '93 model, Xedos 6 (24 valve). Would be grateful for any help or suggestion from anyone.

lailai ka kawo kuka gidan mutuwa! kitkat will help you out!

kitkat

Well Anonymous wellcome to the forum.

First of all you havent described the problem with your gearbox as this may help determine whether its an electrical or mechanical problem. Whats the mileage on your xedos, if its not very high then maybe its an electrical glitch as opposed to a mechanical failure.  

First thing you have to do is check your cars manual if you bought it with one. You may be lucky to see a section on reading your ECU's (brain box to you and me) error codes which can basically tell you precisely where the problem lies. If you live in Kano I can let you know where to get a diagnosis using an ems reader. Anything else you do is simply guess work and these mechanics will simply keep fiddling with your car till your patience ( or your money) runs out.

An ECU diagnosis will not only pinpoint the problem but it may actually give you the part number of whatever needs replacing so that you dont buy the wrong part. There arent too many xedos' out there so it my not be something you may find and by all means dont let them "work" another cars part into your mazda, it may trigger off something more serious/

Anonymous

Well thanks everyone for a warm welcome.

kitkat: You sound knowledgeable about cars :D  The problem initially is the car doesn't complete the gear shifts. It stops at 3. (I guess there are 4 shifts :? ) I changed gear box and it worked for a day before it stopped completely. The reverse refused to work. The gear box was repaired. It worked again for a day and broke down. A mechanic suggested electrical fault, so another gear box was fixed and they worked on the gear box's brain box. It is now working but not perfectly. Am not comfortable. The mileage on the car is 141,000. I work in Katsina (just got transferred here) but am in Kano every weekend. I would be grateful if you recommend to me where to get the diagnosis. Thanks.

kitkat

Sorry this took so long. Muna wurin neman na tuwo as mlbash would say.

Call Paul on08037186472 and explain your problem. His workshop is somewhere behind Abdullahi Bayero way and as mechanics go he seems to know what he's doing. He can arrange for an electronic diagnosis on your ecu. and narrow down the problem.

An even better but  more expensive option is Amar motors on Maganda road. He has a state of the art Bosch diagnostic center but repairs at his workshop can be quite pricey since he usually deals with the "money is no barrier" class. He does a very satisfactory job however and has a good stock of parts and can even order for you through his network.

Hope you find this info usefull

guested

Thanks kitkat :D ! I was wondering why you suddenly went incommunicado. I would try Paul first. Even the name on the second option (Amar) sounds Lebanese. Those guys can fleece you :roll: !
I would keep in touch.

A nemi na tuwo lafiya.

mlbash

kitkat, you sounds a car .................. what'r your hobbies?

kitkat

Quote from: "mlbash"kitkat, you sounds a car .................. what'r your hobbies?

I love cars and driving but its more a neccesity than a hobby. I do quite a bit of local travelling and it helps to know a thing or two about cars if youre a member of the tokunbo brigade!!

mlbash

oh really! that's cool, keep it up you are great at it.

Anonymous

mlbash

Quote from: "Anonymous"admin I agree with your words.

IT'LL SUPRISE ME IF YOU DON'T!

bakangizo

Can someone recommend a good mechanic. I have a problem with my cooling system. Couldn't figure out whether the prob is mechanical or electrical.

kitkat

Have you sorted out the cooling issue? You havent mentioned what model of car you have and what year. Im sure i can reccomend someone