News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

How students  spend their forced vacation

Started by lionger, April 23, 2003, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

Blaqueen

well.. one of my cousins wasnt bothered by the strikes... she used it to get married..... ::)
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

ummita

Well thats her.............thatz 'bout individuality....but put it these way..........

How many teenagers and grown ups furtherin their education in uni r put 2 a hold?! There r so many ppl out there who want 2 further their education, or careers, achieve d aims & d best in lyf that it can offer with regards 2 education.

Now under strike....these brigther futured ppl who r 2 bcum d leaders of 2moro r juss sittin @ home & basically duin nefink!!!! Now how sad iz that?

We all want 2 study & b'cum professionals as tym goes on but forcefully derived of that chance & from duin so!. Why because.....all Universtities r on strike!!!!!!!!! That is soooo unbelievable..........If organisations r 2 go on strike....d least & d last I wud think of iz factories workers or large firm employers......... who r on low pay rate but not UNIVERSITIES!!!!!! & because of POLITICS!!!

Those doin degree, masters or even HND so on henceforth.................. r put 2 a proper major layback!!!!!! In d sense that itz tym wastin...........with this strike they wud hav gone far in their semester. There is no best way 2 describe this strike, but personally & d way I c it is that it has nefink 2 du with lecturers on low pay rate rather than this politics, (I hate it) Its affectin everything, rangin from everyday lyf style to high cost of livin.........now wat?!!!! affectin ppl with brigther future who r ready & willin 2 study but hav no other alternative rather than 2 stalk their books bck in drawers & stay bck home till wen asked return bck 2 uni!!!!!!!!!!  :o.........Cummon ppl.......I feel really terrible about it. I feel those ppl who r victims of strike r victimised ppl not that they did anything wrong but juss treated unfairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Now with strikes in Nija its got loads of disavantages..........it cud lead 2 discouragin students who hav d morale & motivation 2 study but feel discouraged....leadin 2 wat....sum will start indulgin theirselves in 2 all sorts of misleadin ways.
Leavin them in boredom, jobless, with no worthiness in duin wat so eva they wished 2 b'cum in d nearest future...........Infact d govt hav no remorse @ all & 4 once I hav now turned around & blame d govt!!!!!!! 4 eni or iz it all? Unis that r on strike. ..........
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

lionger

Quotewell.. one of my cousins wasnt bothered by the strikes... she used it to get married..... ::)

so i guess she doesn't need a degree anymore?..well she's lucky, but the men won't get away that easily?

as it is, right now, the educational system in naija is a ridiculous irony. our parents send us to school at an early age, agitate for skipping grades privilege; almost every 'smart' person skips primary 6, by the time they reach jss1 they're 9 or 10 years old; whereas students at the equivalent grade level in western systems are 12-13 years old! Any naija kid moved over to the uk or north america would probably find himself/herself 3 years younger than other classmates. At age 15-16, we're done with education, only be halted by the jamb and then later by the university strikes. what a waste.

as the saying goes, an idle mind is the devil's workshop.as the article reveals, the would-be students plus desperation are potential armed-robbers and prostitutes, in a country where graduates already have a tough time getting a job. The educationaly standards and facilities are already poor because we in nigeria have not yet learned the concept of maintenance.  

The solution to all these problems (and a host of infrastructural problems like the infernal NEPA) is simple. over the years, the government has gone great lengths to prove that it should have no business doing business. Privatise the universities, subsidize the student fees, and this sort of thing would not compromise the nations's human resources. Privatise NEPA and people may well stop wrecking the transformer by turnign a room into a freezer.

Blaqueen

hehe... people.. it aint that deep.. i juss mentioned it.. why we all gotta drag on the ugly side..

of course we all dey holla anger at the strikes.. we're all going here, crashing there.. complaining... BUT that my yeye cousin.. na wedding plans she occupied herself with... and if it wasnt for the strikes.. she wldnt have gotten married... and she STILL goes to BUK.. at least she wld if the unis werent on strike... ::)

but f'real... i KNOW how bad it is... no need to skool meeh ;D

...privatize?..i dunno ooo.. i still dont know where i stand on that issue...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Sas

I think the best thing to do is to pray for God's assistants not to be complaining. If we keep on complaining we will not get what we want. Instead we are just adding the loads on ourselves. Just give it time then everything will be back on track Insha Allah. Don't you know that the West also had a similar situation before, well this is a bit different. Its the Politics and as soon as it stablize, it will work. This will never ever fall "Inallaha ma'a ssabirin" - You guys need translation?
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

lionger

abdulgee

:'( Well, do i say i enjoyed it .No! i'm tired of the so called strike. 'cos all i do is 2 go 2 a cafe & spent all my money. i can't even see my friends or my babie.well, i guess i'm very tired of the strike........pls, pray 4 me.. ::) ::) :-[

lionger

...privatize?..i dunno ooo.. i still dont know where i stand on that issue...

come on..do u think we have any other choice?

Sanusi, wia u dey? ansa kweshon now..when will our politics stabilise? We need start taking the initiative; if we keep waiting for the government to get their act together nothing will change; in fact, things will just get worse. An important lesson from Nigeria's return to civilian rule and OBJ's re-ascension.

Sas

Well lionger I am a muslim and believer and I still believe that prayers are the soluion. Ofcourse we can't just lock ourselves in the Mosques and churches or so and pray we have to act and thats when God's help will come.

We have heard a lot about the things we don't have. I said that it was time to act and stop complaining cos complaining won't work.

The west had this problem after the world war and before.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!