News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

VSAT/ISP and Broadband

Started by alhaji_aminu, May 26, 2005, 10:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhaji_aminu

Salam

I hope all is well with you (reading this post).

I've been told that there is just one company providing high speed internet access in Kano (Samanja or ECNX). I understand what they use is the VSAT system which allows the transmission of information through the air as opposed to the terrestrial system being used by NITEL et al.

My question is, does any one have more information on the technical background of this VSAT system? And, how labor intensive is operating such a setup because I am thinking of jumping into this business  (lets together break the monopoly being enjoyed by the Indians).

And lastly, if anyone is interested also, then please email me and we shall continue from there-on.

To sai naji daga gareku.

A huta lafiya

SAAHIB 92

Quote from: "myadudu"Salam

I hope all is well with you (reading this post).

I've been told that there is just one company providing high speed internet access in Kano (Samanja or ECNX). I understand what they use is the VSAT system which allows the transmission of information through the air as opposed to the terrestrial system being used by NITEL et al.

My question is, does any one have more information on the technical background of this VSAT system? And, how labor intensive is operating such a setup because I am thinking of jumping into this business  (lets together break the monopoly being enjoyed by the Indians).

And lastly, if anyone is interested also, then please email me and we shall continue from there-on.

To sai naji daga gareku.

A huta lafiya

assalam,

what a marvellous idea!! ok it will be of a good benefit ,if you may contact this guy cos' he d' the dexeterity. being a SYSTEM ANALYST & WEB DESIGNER.shuaibu_ibrahim fari@yahoo.com
Radina billahi Rabban,
Wa bil Islami Dinan,
Wa bi Muhammadin Nabiyya!"

ABBAS A YAKASAI

analyst

salam,

I really want hear full details of this company. If you get it, let me know plz.
The greatest weapon is truth"

gogannaka

Salaam.
ECNX (popularly known as samanja) is not the only provider of high speed internet access in kano.
There are companies like Megatech networks that provide Broadband,dial-up and telephony on the 3.5ghz range.There is also Bluetopaz communications that provide both dial up and wireless internet wi-fi on 2.4ghz.There is also Sammy Davies which also provides high speed internet.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Nuruddeen

This has to be verified first. I will try and find out when I go to kano. So just relax we'll get in touch soon.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

alhaji_aminu

Salam

Goga.... thanks for the info. I was under the ipression that only ECNX provides high speed services. Nasan sauran wanda ka fada basu dade da budewaba ko?  Shin kokasan nawa MegaTech suke chaji for 1GB bandwidth for a month? Nasan ECNX $ 500 suke chaza for a month.

Still inajin with newer technologies being introduced daily, it will be profitable if one could provide the same services those companies are providing for a smaller fee.

To ahuta lafiya.

Muhammad Yadudu

gogannaka

Salaam.
Megatech networks dont provide vsat services, only broadband and the maximum they give is 256kbps @ 89, 900/month.
None of the companies i listed earlier including ecnx provide satellite services.The only company that i know of that provide vsat services is galaxy IT owned by the jigawa state govt. There prices are:

$18,112.5----Vsat 2.4m c-band comprises of all indoor and outdoor units>
The bandwith prices are 64/128kbps--N50,000/month
64/256kbps------N75,000/month.
higher bandwiths can be requested.

The price u mentioned($500) ecnx charge for 1gb is too small.Maybe its the price of 16kbps(shared not dedicated).

Good luck.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

analyst

The greatest weapon is truth"