News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Why choose UK for UNI?

Started by alhaji_aminu, July 23, 2005, 09:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhaji_aminu

Salam

There are many Nigerian students studying abroad today. For some reason, most prefer studying in the UK. I am a student in the states and I can swear the educational system is better, cheaper, more flexible and more fun here.

Just recently, someone told me that it takes some 2 months before results are released in the UK schools. I wonder what manner of hell US colleges will go through if they withold grades for more than 2 weeks. Then there is the cost factor. People in the UK live in dignified "sardine cans" and whats more, they pay rent every 2 weeks. All this is done because it costs an arm and a leg to live in a spacious apartment.

From the stories I have heard, living in England is like living in Lagos. You bump into friends and family every other day. This, obviously, distracts the student from concentrating totally on his/her studies.

So now I ask, what do the people studying in the UK find so attractive in the UK that they bypass US, Canada, Australia, Sweden, POland etc for their tertiary education?
Fish and chips perhaps?

signed:
Muhammad A laughing loud from Atlanta, GA

Ques

dfynest

So give us an elaborate idea of the cost of studying in Atlanta specifically.
y'know; rent, transport etc

alhaji_aminu

Salam
Dfynest: Answer is, it depends on
1) what kind of school
2) what kind of neighborhood
3) what mode of transportation etc.

For example, Emory UNiversity, which is about the best in ATL, costs around $30,000 per session. But a community college like GPC costs only $4,000.
Also, living in the highbrow area of Buckhead, where rappers like ludacris, JD, Bow Wow etc reside costs on average $2,000 per month rent. There are places like bankhead and east oint where you could get a 2 bedroom apartment for $500 including utilities. I will however never recommend this area to anyone because your chances of getting shot and/or killed is very high.
On transportation, one could use the public transport system,MARTA, for around $60/month or purchase a vehicle, which ranges from $1,000 - infinity.

So like I said, it depends.
Hope it helped.......................

IBB

Quote from: "alhaji_aminu"Salam
Dfynest: Answer is, it depends on
1) what kind of school
2) what kind of neighborhood
3) what mode of transportation etc.

For example, Emory UNiversity, which is about the best in ATL, costs around $30,000 per session. But a community college like GPC costs only $4,000.
Also, living in the highbrow area of Buckhead, where rappers like ludacris, JD, Bow Wow etc reside costs on average $2,000 per month rent. There are places like bankhead and east oint where you could get a 2 bedroom apartment for $500 including utilities. I will however never recommend this area to anyone because your chances of getting shot and/or killed is very high.
On transportation, one could use the public transport system,MARTA, for around $60/month or purchase a vehicle, which ranges from $1,000 - infinity.

So like I said, it depends.
Hope it helped.......................
NO that doesnt sound inviting.$30 grand per session how much is that in pound. unis in uk r around E6-E12 grand. sencondly high crime rate in america. r u sure u r tryin 2 help. srry m not being rude
IHS

naijagal

IBB your not understanding him. like he was saying it depends on which univerisyt you go to and the price can be greater or less than UK universities. like my university is 15, 000 for the year and some are just 4, 000 for a year so it greatly depends on ehich institution you go to. and also there are scholarships and financial aid fo rstudents who cannot afford to pay their tution. so it greatly depends on where your schooling and the price range. also , abut the crime rate being high in US, it is high everywhere you go, and believe me there is high crime in nigeria also, so please do not try make it as if nyc or america has a high crime rate because everywhere you go their is high crime no matter what.

salam
naijagal
aijagal, the top secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!