News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano City etc

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, July 29, 2005, 12:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlbash

YEAH IT DOES, BUT NOT AS OFTEN AND EXCITING AS IT WAS BEFORE. THAT OF KANO AND ZARIA ARE STILL INTACT AND IN SHAPE, BUT I DON'T KNOW OTHERS.
           SO YOU LIKE HORSE RACING?    
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I used to race horses at Kano and the other racecourses. I had four at one point though only one of them was any good. It was named "Fats Domino". I gave the others silly names. "Cary Grunt", "Gregory Peck" "Tony Curtain" except one with a Nigerian name - "Dattijo" - which sadly broke a leg at Kano races.

Davew McEwan Hill
maigemu

mlbash

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"I used to race horses at Kano and the other racecourses. I had four at one point though only one of them was any good. It was named "Fats Domino". I gave the others silly names. "Cary Grunt", "Gregory Peck" "Tony Curtain" except one with a Nigerian name - "Dattijo" - which sadly broke a leg at Kano races.

Davew McEwan Hill[/quote

eyya! but from the name , it looks as if the horse was oldyy :lol:

Dave_McEwan_Hill

It wasn't so old, but it had a white face and mane which made it look like an old man.

Dave McEwan Hill
maigemu

mlbash

Quote from: "Dave_McEwan_Hill"It wasn't so old, but it had a white face and mane which made it look like an old man.

Dave McEwan Hill

HA HA HA! YOU MUST HAVE MISSED IT ALOT!

Sas

Try Google Earth Dave! It should remind you of Kano although I must say a newer Kano!!
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

HUSNAA

Isnt it strange that only Kano State is displayed in satellite images of  IKONOS or QUICKBIRD (not sure which) on Google Earth? anybody know why? Even the great Abuja is in the dynasauric ages of landsat images!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

sdanyaro

HUSNAA

It is not really strange that Kano City & its environs is the only city in Nigeria. I think this is probably because the Google Earth (FREE Version) partner, Digital Global has created a detailed GIS mapping for one of it's Client - The Kano State Ministry of Land and Physical Planning, and that it probably decided to make that product sample available on Google Earth (FREE Version) at this time.
Take heart though that Ibadan and Lagos are being planned for inclusion in the near future?.  Anyway here is my neck of the woods on Google Earth (FREE Version) in Kano? http://www.kanoonline.com/samples/SalisuDanyaro'sNeckoftheWoodsinHotoro.kmz