News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Abacha Loot returned: what's next??

Started by alhaji_aminu, September 29, 2005, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhaji_aminu

Salam

For those of us who have not heard, the Swiss govt, after 5 years of wrangling, incriminations and recriminations, decided Nigeria has met the stringent conditions it placed on returning the money(some $500m) acquired illegally by the family of the late of head of state. [please see
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4230884.stm ]

The swiss govt is allowing the money back to Nigeria only if the World bank certifies what the govt of Nigeria will do with the money. Much as I think this is a mockery of our nation's sovereignety- that is, we are told how to spend our own money, one has to understand that the "big-heads" in abuja, despite their vehement pretension towards fighting corruption, cannot be trusted.

After all, how can a nation reputed to be the most corrupt nation on earth claiming to be fighting corruption fail to convict a single public official accused of corrputly enriching him/her self? This is what people abroad think of Nigeria. A nation where govt says one thing and does something else.

My question now is: Through what way can Nigeria best utilize these funds that will do the most good to the most number of people?
-Oil subsidies?
-Primary education?
-agriculture?
-defence?

What do you think?

ikoro

ALHAJI_AMINU

WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT OUR PRESENT GOVERMENT USE PUBLIC FUND FOR?  YOU SHOULD KNOW.(THEIR PRIVATE POCKET)

THE NIGERIA FEDERAL GOVERMENT DO NOT HAVE ANY PLANE NOR FOCUS IN THEIR DAY TO DAY RUNING OF THE SYSTERM,SO WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT CAN DO WITH THE MONEY?NOTHING SINCE THE GOVERMENT CAN NOT EVEN MAKE GOOD USE OF THE EXCESSIVE CRUDE OIL SALES ABOUT 100% ABOVE THE BUDGET PLANE.

MY DEAR THIS COUNTRY IS MORE BAD THAN EVER .BABA DO NOT HAVE ANY PLANE FOR US TALK OF OUR CHILDREN,

I THINK IS TIME FOR US TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OUT,KNOW TO YOU THAT THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRATIC GOVERMENT
 love
the  day
i found youi eant to be around you
let it be me