News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MEMORABLE FOOD MOMENTS

Started by HUSNAA, June 28, 2006, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

Quote from: ummita on January 19, 2007, 11:02:19 PM

Seriously, Fateez I wanna invite u 4 something coming up bigggggggg @ my ends bt we dont do snails. I guess u'd pop ur packed lunch in ur Tote bag!

Hehe, fine, Da snail wud all be wrapped up in my bag. But ehn,

when i bring it out 4 chopping and u people smell da nice aroma

make una no beg me o!!! na O.Y.O. i no sabi anybody and i no

go give anybody.

{But if u ask me nicely, i might give u a tiny little piece, oky?}

Quote from: ummita on January 19, 2007, 11:02:19 PM

Any1 vacummed Sushi'z b/4?.......Never did & never will.....Its like - "sooooo cannibal" 2 me!
Ina Fateez? Bet u a thousand bucks.........am sure she does Sushi's aswell (tongues out)!

Yup, you got dat right! I vacuum, have vacuumed & will always

vacuum sushi forever {except if i become allergic to seaweed and

even then...antihistamines should do da trick}

Seriously now, what is "soooooo cannibal" about eating mashed rice

wrapped up in a healthy seaweed vegetable with ur choice of meat

in da middle? I absolutely love sushi! i was reluctant to try it at first

but i'm glad i did cos it's soooo good!!! You should all try it out someday,

i'm sure u'd like it. Plus it's healthy too.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 17, 2007, 10:49:29 PM
I think those who despise this snail of a thing never tested it or have tested it but ignorantly.  I will advise them if they want to try eating it for the first time, let them take the smoked one (banda).  Its super delicious, just like hanta.

Amma fa ni bana cikin mayu.

Tell them, Dan-Borno, tell them.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Dan-Borno

An tuna mun - an ce da mahaukaci baka duka.

I thought the issue of   this snail of a thing an gamashi - kunga   na kwan biyu banci ba, har ma kwadayi ya fara kamani - how far Fateez, ebin ip i no go getam po my mouth, send zi pikcha po me pliz, may be i will hab rest of mind.

Quote from: gogannaka on February 12, 2007, 10:00:07 PM
Anyone ever tried roasted yam?
I often see it by the roadside but i am afraid of taking it.

There you are again, wai kai wane irin megida ne? baka shiga kitchen ne juwarin za weekend? try roasting one, i bet you, you will enjoy it.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 02, 2007, 09:21:50 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on February 02, 2007, 06:47:12 PM
Wetin be sushi kuma?Sounds japanese and pepperish

Danyen kifi. sliced thinly sometimes wrapped round small heaps of bite size sticky rice and eaten with some exotic sauce like Wasabi and Soy.   It tastes good especially if the fish is salmon. Yana da ginsa amma (for me dai)
I am re reading this thread and I am falling in love with snails. I am sure I will like them, maybe just like...gizzards (na manta sunan da hausa; wannan abin kaza da yake da dan tauri)

I think da danyen kifi part is a misconception. The main type of sushi

is salmon and it is usually smoked, not raw. it just looks raw. But then

again, as Nigerians we eat smoked fish - a lot of smoked fish. I have

ever come accross raw fish in my Sushi-eating-life and it's been a long

while now.

Its available in many many forms - lots different seafood, even beef,

chicken, honey chicken, soy chicken, chicken teriyaki, lots of vegetarian

ones too.

Personally i think Wasabi ruins da taste. it's way tooo hot 4 me.

Ordinary sweet chilli or soy sauce is fine  :)

Yay!!! HUSNAA is finally seeing da light! SNAILS WUD CHANGE UR LIFE

:) :D :) :D :) :D

HUSNAA

there is the smoked salmon type which is very popular and there is the real danyen kifi type.. trust me ;)  The japs dont usually care about cooking their fish bfor eating it. Akwai ma wani poisonous fish that is eaten raw, very very thinly sliced. Its supposed to be a dare to eat it.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 13, 2007, 04:06:34 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on February 12, 2007, 10:00:07 PM
Anyone ever tried roasted yam?
I often see it by the roadside but i am afraid of taking it.

There you are again, wai kai wane irin megida ne? baka shiga kitchen ne juwarin za weekend? try roasting one, i bet you, you will enjoy it.

Kai dan barno,sai ka tona min asiri?
Shikenan zan ce madam ta gasa min doyar,ba sai na je da kaina ba.She fit say i want to show her i be expert.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Mufi

OMG!!! I can't believe u ate all those things :o :o eeeeewwwwwww......

I used to eat chinese foods, but when i received an e-mail warning ppl about how some restaurants r using rats as chicken :o :o, I couldn't get that out of my mind.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: Mufi on January 29, 2008, 08:27:19 PM
I used to eat chinese foods, but when i received an e-mail warning ppl about how some restaurants r using rats as chicken :o :o, I couldn't get that out of my mind.
Hajiya, ai duk its additional flavoring to the food. But come, how can one not know the taste of chicken from any other kind of meat? :-\

Let me add this Mufi, I have an email, with proof depicting (disgusting and shocking) images of a chinese restaurant that was found to be using and cooking baby embryos and aborted babies for the fried rice, sweet and sour sauce, soups and dumplings. And these images are are nothing like copy n paste nonsense. Its real. So be careful what the fork strikes out from your plate. ;D But relax the restaurant's been shut down and under investigation.
What you see is what you get[/b]

Fateez

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on January 30, 2008, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: Mufi on January 29, 2008, 08:27:19 PM
Hajiya, ai duk its additional flavoring to the food. But come, how can one not know the taste of chicken from any other kind of meat? :-\

Let me add this Mufi, I have an email, with proof depicting (disgusting and shocking) images of a chinese restaurant that was found to be using and cooking baby embryos and aborted babies for the fried rice, sweet and sour sauce, soups and dumplings. And these images are are nothing like copy n paste nonsense. Its real. So be careful what the fork strikes out from your plate. ;D But relax the restaurant's been shut down and under investigation.

Yeah Hafsy, I got that email too! I also got another one about Chinese people

eating monkey brain fresh from the dead monkey's carcass (apparently that's

the best way to serve it) eeeew^10000!!! The embryo/foetus one was more

disgusting. But hey, whatever floats their boat. Oh and I also heard in some

Scandinavian countries, after child birth they EAT the Placenta!!! I quote them

"Placenta can be eaten fried, grilled or even microwaved". To think people in this

forum gave me such a hard time cos I told them I ate snail (Ordinary snail fa!)

gogannaka

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: gogannaka on February 12, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
Ya kuke mana kazanta ne?

Mhmm, waibahhhh.......Allah dai yasa ba shi bane abin da madam take jefamaka cikin miyar dage-dagen da kake lashewa a gida kana santi kuma kake korawa da ruwan Zobo.;D ;D
What you see is what you get[/b]

HUSNAA

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on March 14, 2008, 12:57:24 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on February 12, 2008, 02:07:53 PM
Ya kuke mana kazanta ne?

Mhmm, waibahhhh.......Allah dai yasa ba shi bane abin da madam take jefamaka cikin miyar dage-dagen da kake lashewa a gida kana santi kuma kake korawa da ruwan Zobo.;D ;D
lol zaki hana shi aure Hafsy!! ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Fateez

New Memorable Food Moment!

I had my first taste of Sashimi! aka Japanese raw fish!

I had a bite size piece of raw salmon, thanx to peer pressure.

The experience? It was very chewy. There was no smell.

The taste wasn't bad either when eaten with Soy sauce.

I think it's the kind of taste that will have to grow on you.

The Verdict? I will probably try it again, it wasn't that scary,

just remove it from ur mind that it's raw fish. I did it on impulse though.

You people should definitely try it! Let me know how it goes  :D  :D

gogannaka