News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

I Would if I Could

Started by Fulani Poet, July 13, 2006, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulani Poet

I WOULD IF I COULD

something of your life
is etched on my heart:

it could be your face
it could be your voice,

it could be your thoughts
echoing in my dripping blood,

it could be your destiny
clutching unto me for support,

and now I know
I would if I could.
haring my life in simple poems

*~MuDa~*

Beautiful piece Fulani. But y "dripping Blood", aint that a sort of suicidal expression for a love poem?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

neozizo

Though i enjoyed  d poem and i think it is v nice,i would grasp its full meaning if i could...but i can't.

bakangizo

You are right, zizo.  "I would if -- I could". Do what? Seems to me a stanza or two is missing to bring out the meaning. Otherwise, a beautiful short piece.

Fulani Poet

Have you ever felt you wanted somebody so much that it hurts but you just cannot do anything about it for a couple of very strong reasons? I met a Fulani girl once and loved her so much that I was willing to do almost anything but our very different backgrounds left me helpless. Many years later, I still wonder what she thought of me....! All I had to do was to tell her and my torture would have been over! But I got over her very slowly in the cold comforts of time!

IBB

IHS

MySeLf

Disappointment is part of living i guess
That how it goes some time, not all love story end with laughter unfortunately.

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

IBB

IHS

HUSNAA

i find it amazing that men will not tell girls how they feel for fear of rejection!!  If the girl had any feelings for the guy, she wont come out and say so for fear of rejection also. But hers is more understandable since women are thought of as forward or not very nice and not properly brought up if they will express their feelings towards a man that they feel something for. The worst part of that of course is that the man may actually insult her and then spread tales about her so that she becomes notorious. So women usually hide their feelings from the men they fancy, until the man makes the first move. If he is rejected, then it doesnt hurt his image, just his ego.
So I believe that most women will understand that I would if I could.. even without the ending that BK and NZZ couldnt understand. I think it should be left to the person who feels an afinity with the words expressed by Fulani Poet to fill in the end as it affects him/her. I certainly know exactly how 'I would if I could' feels, I was there once.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on September 15, 2006, 05:20:51 PM
Beautiful piece Fulani. But y "dripping Blood", aint that a sort of suicidal expression for a love poem?

Where in the body does blood drip? In the heart. From the  left atrium into the left ventricle.. it sort of drips in.  ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Ibro2g

fulani poet nicely done...
Husnaa this question is for you. I do agree with you about the missing verses. I think the poem is just and complete. What I dont understand is why it has to be "always" the man who takes the burden of speaking out? Yeah well, the girl is spoken of in an ugly way if she comes forward to the wrong guy, but likewise when a guy goes to a wrong girl. I think its best we let whoever the lover is take some guts and do what he/she can rather than always letting the man suffer the humilliation. Well a man's gotta do what a man has gotta do.
Safety and Peace

Maleeq

Salmalkm.such brilliant piece by the fulani guy devoid of all the hulla baloo that wudda made it sumwat prosaic.i wish i cud write as simple yet so indepth and touchin as u fulani poet.and muda, the hollow nature of the poem gives it this unique feel n serenity almost as if the writer fell asleep wyl composin it,leavin it open so dat lyk husnaa added every oda pessin cud recite it and relate to it.it has a very universal appeal n dats wat make a very gud poem.
akavelli da don till I`m gone!!!

Fulani Poet

It's been long since I have been here. It gives me a very warm feeling to see that people have been appreciating this little piece. Thank you all!

IBB

There are others along ur path Fulani Poet. Some will achieve it some wouldn't. Allah ya zaba mana abin da yafi alheri
IHS

Fulani Poet