News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Rap and Hip Hop Music

Started by Abdalla, October 16, 2006, 01:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

One good  thing i like about kanoonliners is their style of changing a topic, we were talking about Hausa Rap and now is location finding, abi dis na some trivia game? But if u must know Husnaa, Kauyus doenst live in the states, as a matter of fact yana kauye..lol, i know him very well, he is my close friend, we have been friends "from sands to Snikers" u made quite an impressive observation though which however diverted u to the sea..lol!

Anyways back to ze tofic op magana...lemme say a lil' about rap and its relationship with hausa hip hop and Dee Kays response. I believe that Hausa Rap or rap in hausa can be greatly improved, this is simple and plain, language can not be a barrier to express social feelings in a particular tune. Whut i mean is this, rap music is now versed in thousands of languages just like professor Abdallah said, and having in mind that hip hop is kind of assuming the position of the evolution of music that has the most audience whom majorly are youths, musicians now tend to diverge their music with a little taste of hip hop on it, one may doubt but there is actually rap in Arabic language, there is rap in so many languages worldwide that one can begin to wonder why and how hip hop is taking over because most of this rappers are real good with skills, Senegalese rappers got skills, also the Chinese rappers got skills, and they got talent too.

Relating this with our contemporary hausa language which music style is completely lyrical, with melodious end rhymes in choruses, I believe the hausa language really is an indispensable tool for rap music up north, I know that the quality or lyricism of our artist here in the north is poor due to the rhythm and blue concept of always singing love songs, but that I think its also guided by our religion and cultural practices which forbids gangstarrism, therefore hausa rap artist tend to abhor from explicit and violent content In their lyrics. However, a good artist who really has a good notion on hip hop can ?dry our tears? and cure our said rap songs from only feminine diseased lyrics, a talented artist can actually deliver a hausa rap song with great lyrics, original sound, versatility, swagger and uniqueness. what I mean is he can deliver a song which can carry its social and political substance and I bet you dan kauye that the song will still retain its fun, hausa language is blessed with uncountable rhymes, there is a word for virtually everything in existence. So may be we should just sit back and wait for our ?Neo? to surface and deliver us from some of these crap theyr are producing now...lol
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Muda what are feminine diseased lyrics? U sound positively femophobic if there is such a word!!! :shock:
Location finding:Lol!!  :P Never mind where Kauyus lives; whereever that is, long life and prosperity to all and sundry.  :D  :D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

dan kauye

Awwww! How I love speculations.Keep riding till the wheels fall off LMFAO!!!!
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Muda what are feminine diseased lyrics? U sound positively femophobic if there is such a word!!! :shock:
Location finding:Lol!!  :P Never mind where Kauyus lives; whereever that is, long life and prosperity to all and sundry.  :D  :D

Lol....well i meant ze ''ruwan zuma a cikin zuciya ta'' bla bla bla??? (Just like noble Dee Kay futs it), u know our music is inpested by it, u only need to listen to Preedom Radiou prequently.

Are you a linguist by chance?
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: "dan kauye"Awwww! How I love speculations.Keep riding till the wheels fall off LMFAO!!!!
Well dont sound so smug about it lol   :roll:
I still maintain that even if u are a full citizen of nigeria, u are an expatriate somewhere at the moment.  :wink:

Quote from: "Mudacris"Are you a linguist by chance?

No, what makes u think that?

*~MuDa~*

Sometyms ur use of words can be breath-taking!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"Sometyms ur use of words can be breath-taking!
take care that u do not get asphyxiated then :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

admin

Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

bakangizo

Thanks oga admin. The 'new look' kanoonline site look nice.

Has anybody successfully downloaded the concert video?

gogannaka

I did not.But the video plays well in the media player provided in the website.Great work indeed.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment