News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 26, 2008, 04:29:47 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on July 25, 2008, 08:23:58 PM
Kai Muda that is too much.
Maybe they thought the idea could bring a revolution to the movie industry by giving the antagonists victory.

Husnaa,I'm sure you'l enjoy 'The Departed'. Akwai dai abun tausayi.
I'd recommend you watch 'The Aviator' too since you seem to like Leonardo Di Caprio.Very good acting.

Lol what gave you that idea GGNK? Mr Dicaprio has nothing to do with my liking Titanic and watching the departed. Its just a coincidence he happens to be the major star of both 2 movies. Let's say I am beginning to like him as a result of the Departed, cos his acting was terrible in the Titanic. It was his co star Kate Winslett who carried the day. But he"s Okay I guess.

Are you saying this from an anti-misoginist point of veiw?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

Titanic was the movie or the reason why i began to like Leonardo, they both did well but then common? Leonardo was it in that movie, Many women, i repeat MANY were going crazy about Leonardo since that movie, he did very well, the comedy, romantic, action and bravery parts, he had more dialogues and all, i dont know from what perspective you were looking at it by stating that it was Kate Winslett who carried the day. I mean do you just hate Leonardo?

Anyway...UP NAIJA, i just got this DVD that has Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull, Jumper, War Inc., Chronicles of Narnia II: Prince Caspian, Iron Man and many more.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Lol Muda I dont know if u are standing on yr head or yr feet. Titanic was the reason you began to like Leonardo D, and many women went crazy for him since he appeared in the movie, so in other words you are likening yr feelings for L. to the kind of affections those delirious women bear for him, and u are challenging me for being different? Maybe we should swap, let me like him bcos of the movie and u become indifferent; wouldnt that be more macho on yr part?   :P

Look, I think L is gorgeous, handsome, etc, but I dont know him. I only see what appears on the screen and it aint him in persona. So I dont hate him. I felt indifferent to him because truly he couldnt act in Titanic and like I said, Kate, Kathy Bates and even Billy Zane and his valet (or gentleman's gentleman) acted more convincingly in the movie than L. He was much better in the departed I saw the beginning where Mark Walhberg riled the hell out of him and he really looked pissed off and on a tight leash which was just what he should appear to be under the circumstances. I'm still to see the departed to the end. Like I said, I began to fall asleep midway through the movie. I will have to watch it over again but I still find it boring especially Jack Nicholson's part. He's no  Marlon Brando.

I watched Indiana Jones and the crystal skull. It was OK. If you've seen the other Indiana Jones movies then you've already seen this one. There was nothing spectacular about it. Even the car chases left alot to be desired because it was so jaded, i.e. that ground has been covered before obviously. But I'm glad it still made millions for Harrison Ford. He's one of my all time fave actors, he and Tommy Lee Jones.
What does anyone think of Babel for God's sake. It was a good movie. Personally, I judge a good movie by its effects on me afterwards i.e. if it gets me thinking about it, or has me trying to get more info about the film or the actors. This one did. I went digging for info on those two Morrocan boys who were the cause of all the mayhem in the film. Unfortunately there is nothing on them. Its a pity.

IBB

IHS

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 30, 2008, 02:56:40 PM
Lol Muda I dont know if u are standing on yr head or yr feet. Titanic was the reason you began to like Leonardo D, and many women went crazy for him since he appeared in the movie, so in other words you are likening yr feelings for L. to the kind of affections those delirious women bear for him, and u are challenging me for being different? Maybe we should swap, let me like him bcos of the movie and u become indifferent; wouldnt that be more macho on yr part?   :P

I liked L coz i was impressed with an acting of a brave strong-headed dare devil kid in his age wich became a historically success, not because women were all over him, i am not challenging you for being different Husnaa am only surprised that you feel Winslett's acting was better or was it because the story was centered areound her?...i mean common? And what has being macho got to do with being impressed with a particular actors acting anyway?

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 30, 2008, 02:56:40 PM
Look, I think L is gorgeous, handsome, etc, but I dont know him. I only see what appears on the screen and it aint him in persona. So I dont hate him. I felt indifferent to him because truly he couldnt act in Titanic and like I said, Kate, Kathy Bates and even Billy Zane and his valet (or gentleman's gentleman) acted more convincingly in the movie than L. He was much better in the departed I saw the beginning where Mark Walhberg riled the hell out of him and he really looked pissed off and on a tight leash which was just what he should appear to be under the circumstances.

Have you seen The Man In The Iron Mask? Leo played two characters in the movie, have you seen Gangs of New York? What about Catch Me If You Can  he did with Tom Hanks? What about Blood Diamond? I'm sure you must have seen all those movies, they are all blockbusters, i just cant see why you remain adamant that he aint impressive. Really!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Good debate.
Maybe when she finds out he's a keen envirinmentalist she might change her mind.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Look, I am not much of a film watcher; I always think I have other things to do more important, or that I wont enjoy the movie so I dont watch it. Leonardo has come a long way as an actor. I just finished watching blood diamonds and I must say he was superb in the film. That South African accent and the Creole (or Sierra Leonean) pidgin were wicked. Really takes a man who knows his stuff to master them so effortlessly and the scene when he described his parents death, I nearly cried along with him. Djimon Hounsou was absolutely believable, especially where his son held a gun at him and L, and he had to jolt the kid out of his emotional apathy. All in all an excellent excellent movie. A++++++ for LC and Djimon Hounsou.  However, I still say in Titanic, he was zilch and yes kate Winslett was the better actor between she and he in the Titanic. She is a superb and effortless actress. Most British actresses are very talented funnily enough.

I havent watched man in the iron mask, cos I know the story and have watched about two previous version of the same film about king louis the fourteenth who was substituted for a fake, apparently  his supposedly twin brother or a fake lookalike, who becomes the puppet of the perpetrators of this farce and it takes the three musketeers to free the king. All ala Comte de Monte Cristo if you ask me, which is not surprising because  Alexandre Dumas  wrote both novels on which the films were based.

I have seen gangs of new york and I didnt like it one bit. Not one bit.

HUSNAA

Now I'm going to sit back and watch a documentary on how blood diamonds was made. Shows you how much I enjoyed the movie.

*~MuDa~*

Finally i was opportuned to see the sneak-peak of the third installment of the mummy called The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor. It got Brendan Fraser and Jet Li, actually Jet Li is the dragon emperor, meaning the villain, again meaning it will have some ill ass kicking, it also got Michel Yeoh...wicked. I think i can use my time to watch the movie and see how they can incorporate the idea of egyptian mummification with Ancient China monks...hehehe.

Have anyone seen or heard anything about the film Fitna? Please check it on Wikipedia, its very important, they are attacking Islam again.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Ina aunty Husnaa.
Na kalli babel till the 110th minute or so and then the internet messed up.
It was so interesting. I like the way the 3 stories were linked. Morocco-Japan-US.
It was a pity that deaf girl. And those boys were rude, haushin su ya kama ni.

I'll finish it next week,hopefully. Inshaallah.

Muda,that fitnah will only cause more fitnah. I'll not even read about it cos there's nothing one can do.
Allah ya isa.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: gogannaka on August 08, 2008, 09:05:53 PM
Muda,that fitnah will only cause more fitnah. I'll not even read about it cos there's nothing one can do.
Allah ya isa.

And there is no way that you can only seat and do nothing either while the Qur'an, Islam and the Prophete SAW are being disrespected, cant you see? Something can be done, we can always partake in the boycott, if these individuals really have the guts to diss our religioun and its entities and their governments backs them up, then we can only boycott their products, it would work honestly, 1.6 billion muslims on earth can slap the economy of any nation. Do the maths.

you should read it Goga, for more knowledge or facts on what they are saying concerning our religion. Pls!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Muda, I think GGNK is right. There is no need to read it. Suffice to say that you have and you have alerted us. We believe you when you say that they are attacking Islam, since they have done it before and its being done in more ways than one. What we should do is not read it and extract zunubi in the process, but react by fighting back. Boycott their goods. Know what I'd really like to see happen? all the muslims living in those regions who genuinely feel affronted should pack up and leave the country. But it wont happen.

bakangizo

I don't really bother myself reading/watching such nonsense. It will only enrage me more.

Now anyone know anything about the musical Mama Mia? It's suppose to be about the musical legend group, abba.

HUSNAA

any one know about the musical mamamia? well apart from the lead actors that is meryl streep and pierce brosnan, very little else.  I think the movie isnt going to be all that. Reason is bcos its really the abba music that generates the interest rather than the plot of the movie which is about a girl who on the eve of her wedding, wants to know who amongst her mothers past paramours was her own dad. That's basically it. Mind you I havent watched it, only trailers that's all. Music wise, no amount of perfection in immitation can reproduce an abba original. So when it gets out on a DVD, I will watch it. The only guarantee is that Meryl Streep is one of Hollywood's finest actresses ever. So she's worth the watching.