News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 14, 2008, 07:28:41 AM
Muda, I think GGNK is right. There is no need to read it. Suffice to say that you have and you have alerted us. We believe you when you say that they are attacking Islam, since they have done it before and its being done in more ways than one. What we should do is not read it and extract zunubi in the process, but react by fighting back. Boycott their goods. Know what I'd really like to see happen? all the muslims living in those regions who genuinely feel affronted should pack up and leave the country. But it wont happen.

I'm not asking them to watch the 15mins movie, i only asked them to read about the article of the movie in an enclopedia, if they wount read it fine, i just dont see how it will extract Zunubi on a person? Someone sent me a text about the movie, i thought it was just a bluff on how people send mails and ask you to send it to 5 or ten more people that if you dont send it this and that will befall you, so i shoved it aside, but something told me to check on it which i did and then find out the truth, in the article i learned about the exact present situations, who and who was involved,  people reactions, jurisdictions passed, the websites that supported the posting of the clip and those that did not and dates of certain invents, just for the record and i am empowered, i know were i stand and i know who said what... you know instead of having people adding more salt and sugar to the real facts.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on August 14, 2008, 04:12:21 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on August 14, 2008, 07:28:41 AM
Muda, I think GGNK is right. There is no need to read it. Suffice to say that you have and you have alerted us. We believe you when you say that they are attacking Islam, since they have done it before and its being done in more ways than one. What we should do is not read it and extract zunubi in the process, but react by fighting back. Boycott their goods. Know what I'd really like to see happen? all the muslims living in those regions who genuinely feel affronted should pack up and leave the country. But it wont happen.

I'm not asking them to watch the 15mins movie, i only asked them to read about the article of the movie in an enclopedia, if they wount read it fine, i just dont see how it will extract Zunubi on a person? Someone sent me a text about the movie, i thought it was just a bluff on how people send mails and ask you to send it to 5 or ten more people that if you dont send it this and that will befall you, so i shoved it aside, but something told me to check on it which i did and then find out the truth, in the article i learned about the exact present situations, who and who was involved,  people reactions, jurisdictions passed, the websites that supported the posting of the clip and those that did not and dates of certain invents, just for the record and i am empowered, i know were i stand and i know who said what... you know instead of having people adding more salt and sugar to the real facts.

Well what ever. But u know what the ruling on alcohol is ko? a sip is just as sinful as a gulp. Better avoid altogether.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

I just watched the movie 'made of honour'
It was good even though there are many many movies with similar storyline.
Nothing new about the storyline.

This thread is really helpful to me in choosing the movies to watch (not the horror ones).It's like a database.
Nice of you to have started the topic Muda.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

Haba? Well you guys gave me the idea, actually, and i love movies, we all do, especially you, I, Fateez and Husnaa. I am also looking forward to watch Made of Honor, it seems like quite a nice romantic comedy, i saw the preveiws on Box office a number of times. On saturday i saw a movie called A Walk To Remember, its a very beautiful romantic teen movie about an arrogant high school girl who fell completely in love with the beautiful rigid school nerd (no spectacles but ponytail) who secretly happened to have Leukemia and that her body stopped responding to treatment for the past 2 years. As soon as they started going out she told him and he became depressed and later she feel ill but was ok and he married her but she died in about a year or two after the marriage. Very sad and romantic. It was unlike me to have loved the movie ko Husnaa...lol?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on August 18, 2008, 08:55:10 AM
Very sad and romantic. It was unlike me to have loved the movie ko Husnaa...lol?[/color]
Not my kind of movie Muda. I prefer happily ever afters :)

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 14, 2008, 03:28:40 PM
any one know about the musical mamamia? well apart from the lead actors that is meryl streep and pierce brosnan, very little else.  I think the movie isnt going to be all that. Reason is bcos its really the abba music that generates the interest rather than the plot of the movie which is about a girl who on the eve of her wedding, wants to know who amongst her mothers past paramours was her own dad. That's basically it. Mind you I havent watched it, only trailers that's all. Music wise, no amount of perfection in immitation can reproduce an abba original. So when it gets out on a DVD, I will watch it. The only guarantee is that Meryl Streep is one of Hollywood's finest actresses ever. So she's worth the watching.

Okay. I get it. Its just that am a fan of abba, so naturally I got interested in the film. Just watched some trailers though.

HUSNAA

Get a second opinion BKG. I havent watched the film myself. Its just my gut feeling about it. I love Abba also. I grew up on them. Their songs are timeless. Fernando is probably my all time favorite.

gogannaka

Some few days ago i watched the movie Goodwill hunting. It was a verygood movie. Matt Damon,Ben Affleck,Robin Williams. It was written by both Damon and Affleck. I learnt it started out as a school project when they were both at harvard.
Anyone seen it?

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on September 03, 2008, 07:30:55 AM
Some few days ago i watched the movie Goodwill hunting. It was a verygood movie. Matt Damon,Ben Affleck,Robin Williams. It was written by both Damon and Affleck. I learnt it started out as a school project when they were both at harvard.
Anyone seen it?

Yep I watched it a few yrs ago. Just once. Dont know why. The film's very good and that was when I became aware of Matt Damon as an actor. He's really super; better than Ben Affleck. Have u seen 'The Talented Mr Ripley', where Matt played an awfully bad person.. he was so convincing that I ended up disliking him for sometime... hahahahaha

bakangizo

Noorie, nooriee! Aaja reee, as ja re yo mere dil bhari aadha, dil ko pya tubhu aajaare!!

Don't mind me, abeg. ;D Just stumbled on the film and I couldn't help but watch it. Incredibly after even after so many years, it still brought tears to my eyes. An old classic as far I'm concerned for romantic Indian movies.

HUSNAA

Lol BKG so u are a softie at heart? ;D
Yes those old indian movies are really great arent they? My all time fave indian movie has to be khabie khabie. I think its the first indian movie I watched with sub titles and as a result really enjoyed the double entendre in the interview scene between Ameetabh and err.....what's her name?
got it! Neetu Signh

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

MySeLf

Hey guys u are not talking African movies :( when they do have most watch!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on September 04, 2008, 10:28:06 PM
OLD TIMERS

Ka ji wanda yake babban cus yana maganar "old timers" ;D
Quote from: Myself on September 08, 2008, 03:29:24 PM
Hey guys u are not talking African movies :( when they do have most watch!

Well, ni dai dama ban cika kallonsu ba. Hausa fims kadai nake kallo, suma tunda aka samu akasi na ja birki.