News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I left a crowded church service in Dunoon, Argyll Scotland last night aware of how prosperous and comfortable and safe all the people at the service were and I thought of the thousands and thousands of dead in Iraq and poor people of Darfur huddling in the cold Chad desert nights in flimsy makeshift tents in fear of what terror today or tomorrow might bring them.
I would like to wish all forumites, of whatever religion and none, a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year but this is very difficult to do against the background of the great evil that is about in the world today –and the utter uselessness of the UN  - and the US and the UK who have the power to do something about this but instead choose to wage illegal wars and invasions and pay billions of dollars for nuclear weapons.

For New Year for Nigeria I hope that democracy will hold. Nigerian democracy, infested  as it is at the moment by corrupt politicians, is still the best way forward. It may take a long time but eventually it is the only way and it will happen that Nigerian politics gets cleaned up if given enough time.
I hope that in time the voters of Nigeria (to paraphrase Martin Luther King) will start to judge their politicians by the content of their characters and not by their tribe or their religion.

I hope that one day soon Nigeria will produce a man who wants nothing but the clothes he stands up in and the political power to make Nigeria the great country it should be.

I remember with great respect the late Mallam Aminu Kano whose wisdom was lost to Nigeria just as it was most needed.

On an individual basis I intend to continue sending harmless rooood jokes. If you don't like them you don't have to read them!
I suggest that Husnaa sends Waziri a copy of Schindlers List – a true depiction of the slaughter of millions Europe's Jews by the Nazis. Waziri says it didn't happen despite the evidence of millions of corpses, awful photographs and many Germans executed for the part they played in the killings.
The fact that Israel today is wicked doesn't mean that the Holocaust didn't happen.
And the fact that the government in Sudan is Islamic doesn't mean it isn't doing wicked things.
I hofe Mudacris keefs uf his feculiar fosts. I think "cika" may be the word for corner in Hausa.
I've been a naughty boy with some of my jokes which have been too roood. I think the best punishment for me would be for Husnaa to give me good spanking.
I will leave you with the words of Robert Burns which represent my dearest wishes
" For a' that and a' that
It's coming yet for a' that
That man to man the world over will brothers be, for a' that"
Burns has been translated into virtually every language. We need a Hausa version.

Su dai yan-adam, ana haifuwarsu ne duka yantattu, kuma kowannensu na da mutunci da hakkoki daidai da na kowa. Suna da hankali da tunani, saboda haka duk abin da za su aikata wa juna, ya kamata su yi shi a cikin yan-uwanci.

David McEwan Hill
maigemu

alkanawi

"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PM

I hofe Mudacris keefs uf his feculiar fosts. I think "cika" may be the word for corner in Hausa.

I think 'Kusurwa' probably means corner in Hausa, not 'cika'

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMI've been a naughty boy with some of my jokes which have been too roood. I think the best punishment for me would be for Husnaa to give me good spanking.

Lol that you have been Dave, and unrepentant to boot.
I have a retort right on the tips of my fingers, but I dont want to tarnish my pristine image as the boot faced prude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! () So I suggest instead of going the S&M way, what you need is a good clobbering over the head to right yr attic, so here goes:

Translating Burns is not difficult in Hausa, it just sounds slightly awkward that is all. The lyrical beauty is lost unfortunately.
Happy New Year!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

zezezee

just realised that nothing is what it seems.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

maigemu

*~MuDa~*

I left a crowded church service in Dunoon, Argyll Scotland last night aware of how prosperous and comfortable and safe all the people at the service were and I thought of the thousands and thousands of dead in Iraq and poor people of Darfur huddling in the cold Chad desert nights in flimsy makeshift tents in fear of what terror today or tomorrow might bring them.

True. True

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMI would like to wish all forumites, of whatever religion and none, a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year

Sallah nko?

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMFor New Year for Nigeria I hope that democracy will hold.

Yes O! :)

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMI hope that one day soon Nigeria will produce a man who wants nothing but the clothes he stands up in and the political power to make Nigeria the great country it should be.

You know what? You are begining to sound like Morpheus for believing in such prophecy.

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMOn an individual basis I intend to continue sending harmless rooood jokes. If you don't like them you don't have to read them!

Bring it on, No thing dey happen!

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMI hofe Mudacris keefs uf his feculiar fosts.

If u havent noticed i have learned how to type correct english as a result of threats from the likes of Trouble..lol

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMI've been a naughty boy with some of my jokes which have been too roood. I think the best punishment for me would be for Husnaa to give me good spanking.

Yeah. In the front...it will help fast....LOL joke

Wut in the world does that mean? ??? ???

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 28, 2006, 01:09:25 PMSu dai yan-adam, ana haifuwarsu ne duka yantattu, kuma kowannensu na da mutunci da hakkoki daidai da na kowa. Suna da hankali da tunani, saboda haka duk abin da za su aikata wa juna, ya kamata su yi shi a cikin yan-uwanci.

Wannan maganarka dutse, maganarka hakkun. Kai ma barkan ka da sabon shekara
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on December 31, 2006, 02:24:32 PM

Wut in the world does that mean? ??? ???

"For a' that" = 'for all that'. " a' " is a scottish way of pronouncing 'all'
Loosely translated, this poem would probably go like this:
Duk da haka duk da haka
A na tafe dai duk da haka,
cewa, mutum izuwa mutum, a fadin duniya, za a zama 'yan uwa,
duk da haka.

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on December 31, 2006, 02:24:32 PM

Yeah. In the front...it will help fast....LOL joke

In terribly bad taste Muda

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dave_McEwan_Hill

And "Sallah" also.

Thanks, Husnaa.

Yes, I thought that was roooder than even my rooodest.

The little piece of Hausa I included I stole from somwehere else but in many ways it encapsulates all the things that Robert Burns stood for .
All across the world tonight at the end of the year people will be gathering and holding hands and singing Burns's best known work "Auld Lang Syne" which is certainly the world's best known poem and honours friendship and shared experience and reminds us never to forget who we are, where we came from and how much we owe to everybody else we have known in our lives 
"Should auld aquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind.................

maigemu

_Waziri_

On an individual basis I intend to continue sending harmless rooood jokes. If you don't like them you don't have to read them!
I suggest that Husnaa sends Waziri a copy of Schindlers List – a true depiction of the slaughter of millions Europe's Jews by the Nazis. Waziri says it didn't happen despite the evidence of millions of corpses, awful photographs and many Germans executed for the part they played in the killings.
The fact that Israel today is wicked doesn't mean that the Holocaust didn't happen.
And the fact that the government in Sudan is Islamic doesn't mean it isn't doing wicked things.

Welldone Dave and Happy New Year as well,

But still I wonder why you have to try to put me on the defensive on this. I know from the on set that people would always want to misquote me on the issues of the Holocoust, since for many years others have wanted to hang me on these forums with little success.

For a purpose of clarity, and  the threads in which I discussed these things are still there. What I say is the outcome of the Holoucaust was EXAGERATED, not that the Holocoust or second world war did not happen at all. This claim I made citing authorities in history and journalism whose works brought about compelling arguments to the effects of my conclusion. I urged others to read these books but none did, only for Dave now to come up with claim that I outrightly denied the holoucoust. Dave spoke about being one's brothers keepers at the end of his post but I wonder which keeping he wants to give me by lying against me?

Secondly, I always find course to condemn what is happening in Darfur and I do not have syhmpathy for Saddam who is a Muslim, because of the many atrocities I believe he has commited over time. But what I make clear is the events in Darfur cannot clearly said to be the bane of Sudanese government.

Also concerning your rude jokes, or whatever you may call them, know that in asmuch as they do not attract a condemnation such as archaic in your culture, know that others have the right to do certain things that you do not approve and yet will not deserve of you to call them archaic people. Once you hold to these values and comes to terms with the truth that sameness is not an attribute of nature, you'll not have any problem with me. Do yours and let me do mine. Live and let live. Love and let live.

God did not create all to be the same and so as West and East. Cutures and values including laws will not be the same. This is why Islam is not forcing anything on Non-Muslims as much as we desire Non-Muslims in the West to try and shy away from forcing their standards and values on us.

Have a nice time Dave.

EMTL

I hope that one day soon Nigeria will produce a man who wants nothing but the clothes he stands up in and the political power to make Nigeria the great country it should be.

You have just described the Late Sardauna, Ahmadu Bello, who was murdered by Criminals for his principles and visions for not only the North but the whole of Nigeria......

Dave Barka ka kadai....

In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).