News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Anything you hate about our Hausa People? Any Changes you want?

Started by jewel(abdulgee22), May 08, 2007, 08:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Quote from: neozizo on May 23, 2007, 05:57:26 PM
Hausa people have the worst food in the world!!
Well, may be not the worst, but certainly our food culture leaves a lot to be desired. :(

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: Dan-Borno on May 28, 2007, 09:35:25 AM
Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 27, 2007, 09:35:08 AM
I got things to say also, i dislike the habbit of we hausawa of 'going to mallamai for Dubiya', wut the heck? Almost every family have women who are responsible for carrying this unlawful acts, its so prominent among us, why do we have to go and see a mallam for soothsaying? or better still to do asiri for us just to accomplish our selfish end? I know about wut am saying cause i have been seeing it and was many times a victim by close relation.[/color]

Hey, Muda and IBB, you should be careful and explanatory whenever
you are pointing accusing fingers on visiting malamai or consultants
as IBB refer to them.

In all spheres of life, you must have the dubious type and the genuine
ones.  What is wrong in visiting a Malami for a consultation?
Even the Duba you guys are talking about, there are of different
categories, its not all duba that is wrong.

Please take note.
kai Dan Brono, kile wa sile, a ina who ever tell u say Duba has Categori , Duba is Duba, ko is all SHIRK wetin u wan see , why do u want to see it. Annabi dai yace kayi ISTAHARAH domin Allah should guide on the right path. besides that, wetin u say. No offence wer all learners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,amma if u educate us with the CATEGORY OF DUBA we will be delight to know. lol lol

ko dai kai ma CONSULTANT ne ..... ;D ;D , just jokin.
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

Mufi

First of all i love our hausa culture and all that, but what i'm seeing these days is that our young ppl are taking the lifestyle of the western world like the dressing and the general way of life, which is very dangerous and the fact that those ppl in the western world lack any self respect for themselves. i think we need to educate and encourage our youngsters to be proud of where they come from and embrace their culture and heritage.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: mufi on June 02, 2007, 02:37:47 AM
First of all i love our hausa culture and all that, but what i'm seeing these days is that our young ppl are taking the lifestyle of the western world like the dressing and the general way of life, which is very dangerous and the fact that those ppl in the western world lack any self respect for themselves. i think we need to educate and encourage our youngsters to be proud of where they come from and embrace their culture and heritage.

bikinis and miniskirtss,

IBB wai don Allah wetin bi the name of BIRASIYA ne in hausa i mean the real hausa mean, wallaho even d english spellin i nl knw...............lol ;D

jewel of d nile.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Dan-Borno on May 28, 2007, 09:35:25 AM
Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 27, 2007, 09:35:08 AM
I got things to say also, i dislike the habbit of we hausawa of 'going to mallamai for Dubiya', wut the heck? Almost every family have women who are responsible for carrying this unlawful acts, its so prominent among us, why do we have to go and see a mallam for soothsaying? or better still to do asiri for us just to accomplish our selfish end? I know about wut am saying cause i have been seeing it and was many times a victim by close relation.[/color]

Hey, Muda and IBB, you should be careful and explanatory whenever
you are pointing accusing fingers on visiting malamai or consultants
as IBB refer to them.

In all spheres of life, you must have the dubious type and the genuine
ones.  What is wrong in visiting a Malami for a consultation?
Even the Duba you guys are talking about, there are of different
categories, its not all duba that is wrong.

Please take note.

Dan-Borno...in case i dont know...may i be comprehended by YOU on which sort of dubia that is not HARRAM? Cause i can remember that Dubia was once use against the Prophet when he hid in a cave along his way to maddina from the meccans!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Dan barno is saying something fa.
Duba kala kala ce and not all is regarded as haram.
Ku je kuyi bimcike sosai ko ya ka ce dan borno?

LOL@jewel.I suggest you forward your word translation request to the word translation thread.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

All form of dubiya is haram in Islam. Some ppl mistakenly give dubiya the name istihara, as when someone yaje wajan malami don yayi masa istihara. What the malam does is not istihara but dubiya. Some dubiya I think use the ilmin awfaku; anyway it is a very contentious subject, bcos some really well respected muallims do it as well in some ways or other like with carbi. Some kuma use kasa, which is one of the disallowed forms but which has some strong allusions to awfaku. So the whole thing is really confusing.
What I (and u all) know is that istihara is a special addua, the result of which is that u begin to have an inclination towards whatever of the choices that u placed before Allah is good for you since  you 've asked Allah to be the Chooser for you.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

What I really really dislike about Hausa culture is that sai a fada wa mutum bakar magana ana wasa da dariya, and the bakar magana is really meant at the time it was told in jest. I absolutely hate that attitude. I cant do it. If I have something against a person, I either comeout straight and say it, or keep quiet and try to forget it if I cant say it. But I wont insult a person, muna wasa da dariya. To me if I am able to hold a pleasant conversation with someone, it is because I like them. I can never hold a well meant conversation with someone I dont like. I usually avoid ppl I dont like (thankfully they are few)

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 04, 2007, 09:09:46 AM
What I really really dislike about Hausa culture is that sai a fada wa mutum bakar magana ana wasa da dariya, and the bakar magana is really meant at the time it was told in jest. I absolutely hate that attitude. I cant do it. If I have something against a person, I either comeout straight and say it, or keep quiet and try to forget it if I cant say it. But I wont insult a person, muna wasa da dariya. To me if I am able to hold a pleasant conversation with someone, it is because I like them. I can never hold a well meant conversation with someone I dont like. I usually avoid ppl I dont like (thankfully they are few)

i have some examples:

*by young women to their friends* "au baza ki rana ki ba? ke Yar iska ce wallahi"...(and Giggles).

*still by young women to their friends* "Haba dan Allah? da gaske? Sheeeeeeegiya!!!"

*by young men to their colleauges* "kai dan iska ne wallahi"

i cud go on and on but i shudnt be too explicit cause it could get uglier..trust me!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Lol Muda not that kind though I cant address a friend in that way, not being used to that. I mean real bakar magana; sometimes the meaning evades one until one is chewing the conversation over then one realizes what is meant by a phrase or so.

HUSNAA

another thing that annoys me is the passivity of talakawan mu. Ko mai sai kaji wai sun hakura sun hakura sun hakura, while Allah SWT Ya ce ba zai canza situation din dan adam ba sai ya nemi ya canza shi himself. Sai a kashe ma mutum da sai ya ki karbar blood money, while Allah Ya Halatta masa, kokuwa ya sami azzalumin shugaba wai sai yace ba zai mishi tutsun jaki ba, wai sabur sabur sabur. Ana sabur in mutum ya duba gabas da yamma kudu da arewa ba mafita u are caged or surrounded or totally emasculated. To a lokacin sai mutum yace Fallilahil Hamd Tawakkaltu Alallahi. amma talaka dan arewa............!

Mufi

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 04, 2007, 09:09:46 AM
I know what you mean, because i have a hard time gaya ma mutum bakar magana, amma mutane sai ana magana baka san hawa ba balle sauka sai a gaya maka magana cikin wasa da dariya, you would not realize until later when one is going back to the conversation, that really sucked >:(
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

IBB

Quote from: jewel(abdulgee22) on June 02, 2007, 09:15:23 PM
Quote from: mufi on June 02, 2007, 02:37:47 AM

bikinis and miniskirtss,

IBB wai don Allah wetin bi the name of BIRASIYA ne in hausa i mean the real hausa mean, wallaho even d english spellin i nl knw...............lol ;D
Kai Jewel this ur question na abominaton for this place woh. But i will whisper the answer 2 you just you Rigar-nono.

Back to the topic. Are you guys having problem identifying bakar-magana from joke. This the solution fire the person back if na joke he/she go take am so if is bakar-magana he/she go take am too. E.g Sheeeeeeeege Muda. U say back Sheeeeege-Dan-iska IBB
IHS

jewel(abdulgee22)

IBB, thx for za infor.

But gogannaka , ai i doesnt make any harm if u can tell us the types of DUBA, neither u noe DAN BORNO that started the whole did not talk.......................plz make ur selfs clear.
A gaskiya this is the first time i heard that some Dubia r legal in islam (hope i quote u guys right)..
ayi mana bayani.............. ???

jewel of d nile.

MC-HAMA

Quote from: Myself on May 08, 2007, 09:40:00 PM
What about durkusawa gaisuwa
and boye sunan dan fari.

You can do it or dont do it.babu lafi wajen ubangijie.
Da 'kyar nasha, yafi da'kyar aka kama ni...