News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Supplication when one is at the point of death

Started by bamalli, June 13, 2007, 09:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Supplication when one is disappointed about his Life

911. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: While the Prophet (PBUH) was reclining against me (during his last illness) I heard him saying: "Allahumma-ghfir li, warhamni, wa alhiqni bir Rafiqil-A`la (O Allah, forgive me, bestow Your Mercy on me and let me join with the exalted companions.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  Most of the `Ulama' believe that Allah is the Sublime Companion (Ar-Rafiq Al-A`la). Ar-Rafiq (the Companion) is one of the Divine Names. Some take it to mean the supreme communion of angels, Prophets, martyrs and the righteous. Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) had prayed to Allah, "... And join me with the righteous.'' (12:101).

At the hour of death, man should cut off his link with the world and unite it with the Hereafter. By seeking Divine forgiveness, the Prophet (PBUH) aimed at moral elevation and abundance of goodness. Otherwise, he was protected by Allah and immune against sinning.

912. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when he was at the point of death. He had a drinking bowl with water in it. He would dip his hand into the bowl, and wipe his face. Then he would supplicate, "O Allah! Help me over pangs and agony of death.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith, too, affirms the Prophet's creatural aspect, that is to say, like other humans he was also overwhelmed by the intensity of illness and felt its agony. In his last days, he suffered from intense fever. In order to decrease the high temperature, he repeatedly wet his right hand with water and passed it over his face. Like all mortals, he too, experienced the agony of the last moments and prayed to Allah for its alleviation and sought His Help. Sheikh Al-Albani considers the authenticity of this Hadith as deficient. However, the Prophet (PBUH) is authentically reported to have lost consciousness during severe illness. Both the Ahadith of this chapter reveal that man should seek help from Allah at the hour of his departure from this world.

911. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: While the Prophet (PBUH) was reclining against me (during his last illness) I heard him saying: "Allahumma-ghfir li, warhamni, wa alhiqni bir Rafiqil-A`la (O Allah, forgive me, bestow Your Mercy on me and let me join with the exalted companions.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:  Most of the `Ulama' believe that Allah is the Sublime Companion (Ar-Rafiq Al-A`la). Ar-Rafiq (the Companion) is one of the Divine Names. Some take it to mean the supreme communion of angels, Prophets, martyrs and the righteous. Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) had prayed to Allah, "... And join me with the righteous.'' (12:101).

At the hour of death, man should cut off his link with the world and unite it with the Hereafter. By seeking Divine forgiveness, the Prophet (PBUH) aimed at moral elevation and abundance of goodness. Otherwise, he was protected by Allah and immune against sinning.

912. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I saw the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when he was at the point of death. He had a drinking bowl with water in it. He would dip his hand into the bowl, and wipe his face. Then he would supplicate, "O Allah! Help me over pangs and agony of death.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith, too, affirms the Prophet's creatural aspect, that is to say, like other humans he was also overwhelmed by the intensity of illness and felt its agony. In his last days, he suffered from intense fever. In order to decrease the high temperature, he repeatedly wet his right hand with water and passed it over his face. Like all mortals, he too, experienced the agony of the last moments and prayed to Allah for its alleviation and sought His Help. Sheikh Al-Albani considers the authenticity of this Hadith as deficient. However, the Prophet (PBUH) is authentically reported to have lost consciousness during severe illness. Both the Ahadith of this chapter reveal that man should seek help from Allah at the hour of his departure from this world.

HUSNAA

Bamalli change the title of this post. It is not when one is disappointed with his life. It is when one is at the point of death. There is nothing about disappointment here.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Janwuya

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bamalli

bamalli

Quote from: Muhsin on June 18, 2007, 01:08:17 PM
Where are you bamalli. hope all is well-amin.
Muhsin i travelled by road from Port Harcourt to Abuja then from Abuja to Zaria From Zaria to lagos Where i spent all d 4 days strike without light.And i am now in Port Harcourt alhamdulillah ala dhalik.
Thank u for ur concern