News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Must Read Novels, pls!

Started by GoodFella, December 24, 2007, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Thanks you too.

From that bit you've written, it really looks a great story. I'll try looking for it in the market and library as soon as possible.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 18, 2008, 11:08:18 AM
And the path led him to love a woman of intense beauty, and any man who so desires her, suffers an unusual death.[/color]

Wahala kenan.
Better not get in his path.
A zauna lafiya.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Konan

ok sorry well i dont know any other books which maybe be avaiable in africa

but i think u will enjoy this novel called Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Mah Yen i read it when i was 13 let me give u a summary jus lyk ibro did its a true story about the author and her childhood very sad indeed.

It all stems from our mama dying when you were born. Big Sister and our two older brothers knew her better than I did. I only remember her a little. Things were much nicer when she was alive. You made her go away.

In spite of my writing and academic record, my classmates probably suspected there was something pathetic about me. I never spoke of my family; neither issued nor accepted any invitations outside the school; and always refused to eat the candies or snacks brought by my friends. My hair-style, shoes, socks and book bag did not inspire envy. No one from home ever came to be with me on prize-giving day, regardless of how many awards I had won.

They didn't know that, in front of them, I was desperate to keep up the pretence that I came from a normal, loving family. I couldn't possibly tell anyone the truth: how I was held responsible for any misfortune and was resented for simply being around; how my mind was racked with anxiety and constantly burdened by an impending sense of doom. How I simply loathed myself and wished I could disappear, especially when I was in front of my parents.

oh and no offence to harry potter fans but taht was the most boring book i have ever read lord of the rings is alot better.a nd if u are a fan of lord of teh rings then u shud read JRR Tolkiens recent book the children of hurin very sad

Ibro2g

Quote from: ladymerciful on January 19, 2008, 12:05:23 AM
oh and no offence to harry potter fans but taht was the most boring book i have ever read lord of the rings is alot better.a nd if u are a fan of lord of teh rings then u shud read JRR Tolkiens recent book the children of hurin very sad
I wont say much but God forbids Goodfella come and reads this...but he is a nice guy, he might be rahima(merciful) to you. :-X
Safety and Peace

Konan

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 19, 2008, 12:43:32 AM
I wont say much but God forbids Goodfella come and reads this...but he is a nice guy, he might be rahima(merciful) to you. :-X

lol erm i did say no offence to harry potter fans :-\

Muhsin

As you already knew there bundles of them here; like my big aunty Husnaa. She really adores the whole series of Harry Potter. And Muda also likes it.And others like, maybe, ummutameem. But I've never read any myself, thus this comment, bad one, absolutely discourage me to get any.

Forget about the availability...just say it.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Konan

Muhsin

Quote from: ladymerciful on January 20, 2008, 12:09:13 AM
oopps sorry guys but im an honest gal

LOL; who says you aren't? Don't be scared babe. ;D :D

Konan

hehehehe im far from scared muhuhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HUSNAA

Quote from: ladymerciful on January 20, 2008, 12:09:13 AM
oopps sorry guys but im an honest gal
Hey! you dont have to like what everyone likes so no apologies needed. I am just surprised that u are not a pottermaniac that is all; seems half the planet are, especially from yr end of the world; seeing that 'Arry is truly Bri'ish  ;D ;D ;D... anyway...i'd recommend u to put on a pr of magical glasses, maybe u will see what we see if u did.
I've read the hobbit... its too chewy.. that's after I read light and airy bubbly gummy harry potter. So I am not sure if I want to read about Tolkien's middle earth.
I will definitely get that asian cinderella... sounds like a GReat book! I will tell u when I do what I think of the book.

PS to Muhsin, pls u are beginning to sound like a chairperson... no need to be so proprietal about every thread in this forum. Kudos go to u for initiating the forum, but... give us a break.. stop hoarding it... ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Konan

nope sorry husna i read teh 1st ahrry potter book i fell asleep lol yh i know harry is british but dat dont amtter lol

yh defo read chenise cinderella u'll probabaly start crying

babushe

I recoomend ALLAH IS NOT OBLIGED , WAITING FOR THE WILD BEAST TO VOTE by AHMADOU KOROMA also HELON HABILA'S WAITING FOR AN ANGEL, MEASURING TIME. CHIKA UNIGWE'S THE PHOENIX ,BIYI BANDELE'S BURMA BOY , NGUGI'S WIZARD OF THE CROW.

Muhsin

babushe,

I just wanna welcome you aboard. Wish you'll enjoy everything here. Keep posting about such nice books.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

The best book I ever read was titled "Strumpet City" by James Plunkett. It is a story of Dublin during the Irish rebellion against British rule. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. Awesome!
Any mention of "Half a Yellow Moon". It is a very Igbo story about the Civil War and it won some prizes. I don't think most Kano Onliners would very much enjoy it.
maigemu

gogannaka

Why do you think kanoonliners won't enjoy the book?

I've been wanting to get my hands on any book that describes the civil war as it occured.
I would love to see it in pictures and illustrative pictures.How i wish i would also get the newspapers of that time just to see how the journalists reported the war.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment